Help with continental competition qualifying by division ranking

graaa

I created a club world championship for the top 1-4 teams in almost every domestic division in the world. I want to create another club world championship where teams lower ranked 4-8 in the division qualify. This is just like European Championship and the Euro cup, which are 2 different competitions taking the top teams and then the teams below it separately. Any idea how to do this?

under teams list just give higher seeding number to that lower ranked teams (4-8) and lower seeding number to higher ranked teams (1-4). in specific competition you can set in teams list to pick "qualified teams" with some seeding number and problem is solved

It's not an explicit setting, it's sort of a workaround. but here's the settings you need.

First, set to advanced rules

Then under Continent > Teams - set the number of 'Nation top division teams' that will appear in the FIRST HIGHEST competition and put a unique seeding number in 'Seeding to give teams' with them (0 is highest, 1 lower, etc). Then you do the same thing for the SECOND competition but put a LOWER seeding value (like 2)

Then under (Competition Name) > Stages > Teams - put 'Get Qualified Teams' and set the 'Seeding of Qualified Teams' as 0 to pick the highest teams.

and under the NEXT lower competition, do the same thing but put the lower seeding (2) and it will just automatically choose the next best teams from the nation's division for the competition.

Sorry, can't edit. Need to clarify:

It's not an explicit setting, it's sort of a workaround. but here's the settings you need.

First, set to advanced rules

Then under Continent > Teams - set the number of 'Nation top division teams' that will appear in the FIRST HIGHEST competition and put a unique seeding number in 'Seeding to give teams' with them (0 is highest, 1 lower, etc). Then you do the same thing for the second competition by setting the same nations and the appropriate number of teams but put a LOWER seeding value (like 2) in this column.

Then under (Competition Name) > Stages > Teams - put 'Get Qualified Teams' and set the 'Seeding of Qualified Teams' as 0 to pick the highest teams.

and under the NEXT lower competition, do the same thing but put the lower seeding (2) and it will just automatically choose the next best teams from the nation's division for the competition.

Thank you for the explanation!

Though, I'm doing nation rules, not continental.

What I had in mind was this: I have a nation with two divisions that are really distinct, but equal leagues. I want a playoff between the champions, but I also want a second level cup so there's more for teams to play for. I wanted to have that cup take the 2nd-5th teams from each division. I tried using your instructions as guidance but I can't quite figure it out.

I may just have to change my expectations. I usually imagine bigger than I can pull off! But if you know a way to make it work as I described, I'm all ears.

Actually, along the same lines, I'm having trouble getting the playoff between the two league winners to work right. If I set it as a championship playoff of the parent comp, everything works great, except you can't really see past results (because the game sees it as playoffs within a league, when it's really kind of a separate competition at the end of the season). And you can't specify the dates and times and all that.

If I set it as a separate competition that must wait for the divisions to finish, then I can set all these things and view past history. But it's not taking the right teams every year. Sometimes it's 1v1. Sometimes it's 1v2. I thought that was happening when the second places team from one side had more points than the winner from the other side. But in my last test it took teams 1 and 4-both from the same division! So . . . wondering how to get this set right.

This might help:

using ADVANCED RULES

(Competition Name) > Stages > Stage 0 > Rounds > (cup round) > Valid Cup Draw Rules > *Enabled it* "Keep Teams From Same Division Apart" > Division 1 = Any of the 2 divisions you are taking from - Division 2 = SAME DIVISION YOU PICKED FOR DIVISION 1.

This is the workaround I've been using to keep teams from the same division separate in draws.

Archived