Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Baptista_8

Who's been your favourite player so far?

Neymar for me, has dragged Brazil into looking like a good side at times. So much pressure on him, only 22, has scored important goals and converted his penalty vs Chile.

Alexis Sanchez and Arjen Robben been close as well.

It will save me time by just looking at those in the quarter final.

Neymar and Messi has been decisive. Hulk, despite his bad things he has done, has been working hard. De Jong was important in the middle as an anchor. Robben, apart from the dives, is a quality player. Rodríguez has been immense. Campbell has been playing so well that Wenger won't sign any forward this summer. Ruiz and Valbuena has also been important. Germany are good as a team, and so are Belgium.

Hulk :D if he gets a mention then put Fred down too!

Rodriguez or Valbuena for me. Both been superb for most matches.

Easy one for an Orange fan. Robben has been immense.

Bryan Ruiz. Fulham must be gutted/annoyed that this wasn't the one they were suppose to get when they brought him.

Rodriguez, closely followed by literally every single player on Costa Rica.

Hulk :D if he gets a mention then put Fred down too!

Rodriguez or Valbuena for me. Both been superb for most matches.

Rodriguez and Valbuena for me too. Especially as I have 10p each way on Rodriguez top goal scorer.

I really liked Arturo Vidal. Read a lot about him but this was the first time I have seen him play. What a player.

I really liked Arturo Vidal. Read a lot about him but this was the first time I have seen him play. What a player.
You should see him play when he's not on one leg.

James Rodriguez, Robben and Messi have been the best players with little between them. Neymar, Benzema, Valbuena also deserve a mention whilst probably not as good.

Chris Smalliing. One game, one clean sheet.

You should see him play when he's not on one leg.

I know right. He could fit in Spurs' team for sure. We could make room:thup:

Probably Robben, although I don't really like him. He's been superb for Holland though, and has been their standout player.

Robben for entertainment, Gary Medel for :cool:

James Rodríguez obviously.

Neymar has been good but so far shone mainly in the games where he was not well marked (Croatia and Cameroon), disappeared against Mexico and Chile.

I am liking the goalies too, especially Navas and Ochoa.

Yeah, Neymar was totally invisible for the entire second half v's Chile. Had the header at goal and that was about it.

James Rodriguez. That's easy. Also been quite a fan of Shaqiri.

James Rodríguez obviously.

Neymar has been good but so far shone mainly in the games where he was not well marked (Croatia and Cameroon), disappeared against Mexico and Chile.

I am liking the goalies too, especially Navas and Ochoa.

Was it tiredness? Neymar was great in the first half against Chile, but the longer it went on the less involved he became.

Was it tiredness? Neymar was great in the first half against Chile, but the longer it went on the less involved he became.

He picked up an injury in the first half of that match.

He picked up an injury in the first half of that match.

Yes, a combination of injury and being well-marked.

To go with a few names not yet mentioned Cuadrado, T.Silva, Rodriguez (the swiss one) have all been great.

Thiago Silva lost some respect when he was crying far away from the rest of the Brazilian players before the penalties vs Chile, instead of encouraging them.

He is a superb centreback but not a good captain.

He's been the best CB at the tournament though, not sure what all that was about but he said he knew he'd miss so sort of the right thing to do for the team not to take one really.

He's been the best CB at the tournament though, not sure what all that was about but he said he knew he'd miss so sort of the right thing to do for the team not to take one really.

It's fine not to take it if he thinks he will not score, the problem is avoiding the other Brazilian players just to cry. He lacks leadership and is not emotionally strong enough to be the captain.

James or Valbuena :cool:

Pogba not far behind either.

It's fine not to take it if he thinks he will not score, the problem is avoiding the other Brazilian players just to cry. He lacks leadership and is not emotionally strong enough to be the captain.

Pathetic Thiago Silva:

Brk-0keCUAIeRtN.jpg:small

Luis Suarez has played well, Robben has impressed although I have a feeling its RVP`s time vs Costa Rica. Standout player so far is clearly James. Scored in every game, can it get any better?

James or Valbuena :cool:

Pogba not far behind either.

Pogba? He hasn't been particularly good really. Not crap ofc, but he hasn't been as good as he can be. Hopefully he'll do better in the later stages. Scored an important goal though.

Messi, Neymar, Robben and even James Rodriguez have been great, but were expected to be great. Valbuena has been at that level too, but more so Asa creator and comes without the huge expectations of the aforementioned.

Pogba? He hasn't been particularly good really. Not crap ofc, but he hasn't been as good as he can be. Hopefully he'll do better in the later stages. Scored an important goal though.

The thread simply asks favourite player, tbf. He has been class though imo, although not quite other level (yet). He has still to show his best, yeah.

If we're ranking best, I'd probably say James (this is easy), Robben, Neymar, Messi, Muller...the usual suspects tbh.

James & Neymar favos

surprised by Yedlin

Navas, Ochoa, Howard deserve a mention

Messi has been my favourite player, as always.

Robben as well, was player of the tournament so far for me until he started diving again against Mexico.

Fabian Johnson another player I'd consider a favourite. Been the best RB of the tournament, can't sing his praises enough :thup:

I was surprised by Paulinho, he seemed like the leader of the group despite not actually playing.

I was surprised by Paulinho, he seemed like the leader of the group despite not actually playing.

He would be useless as a captain though as he is not a starter anymore.

He will start vs Colombia though as Luiz Gustavo is suspended.

Yedlin was a massive surprise for me, I hope to see him move to a European club this season.

benzema would of been up there if he hadn't been slung on to the left wing, why they did that I do not know

The thread simply asks favourite player, tbf. He has been class though imo, although not quite other level (yet). He has still to show his best, yeah.

If we're ranking best, I'd probably say James (this is easy), Robben, Neymar, Messi, Muller...the usual suspects tbh.

Aye, that's fair enough. Speaks volumes about the lad's talent really when he can still do well in the World Cup without being at his best.

benzema would of been up there if he hadn't been slung on to the left wing, why they did that I do not know

Don't rate Benzema this tournament - been quite moody and if he had taken his chances could have scored about 8 goals by now; been profligate in front of goal.

Sign in to follow this