Round of 16 - Netherlands vs Mexico (17:00 BST) & Costa Rica vs Greece (21:00 BST)

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised Ray on the ads is awake to give us some live odds on the match :(

going for 1-0 as well, even bet365 don't expect goals

Both sides too afraid to lose that they'd rather go to penalties than risk losing a goal :thdn:

I thought Costa Rica would be a lot more adventurous than this, but they've not had a single chance yet.

They're both counter-attacking sides that love parking buses, it was always likely we'd end up with a terrible match.

They're both counter-attacking sides that love parking buses, it was always likely we'd end up with a terrible match.

Counter-attack after counter-attack would be fbbb.

Instead we're getting Greece counter-attack, CRC pass about defence, lose it midfield, Greece counter-attack, CRC stop it, pass about defence, lose in midfield, rinse, repeat, yawn, kill self over this awful ****.

Counter-attack after counter-attack would be fbbb.

That only ever happens if both teams counter-attack with a lot of men hence leaving space on their backs. Not sure why you'd ever expect that from Costa Rica or Greece. :D

That only ever happens if both teams counter-attack with a lot of men hence leaving space on their backs. Not sure why you'd ever expect that from Costa Rica or Greece. :D

I still thought it'd be a bit more exciting than this. I wasn't expecting an end-to-end spectacle of the ages but I thought we'd get a goal or two before HT with another at least in the second half. Both teams will be happy at 0-0 ffs :D

A goal for all of the attackers out there.

A goal for all North Americans!

and if Greece score it'll be a goal for all Heartbroken North Americans! :D

Thought that was gonna be 2-0 :eek:

This match has me a little excited now, not going to lie. Greece have to attack now, so we should get another goal from one of the sides...

wish you'd turned it on earlier

People like ringwoodrob make me sick! We stick with this crap for 55 minutes just to see one goal...he lucks into it 30 seconds before the goal and takes all the glory :mad:

:D