Round of 16 - Netherlands vs Mexico (17:00 BST) & Costa Rica vs Greece (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both sides too afraid to lose that they'd rather go to penalties than risk losing a goal :thdn:

I thought Costa Rica would be a lot more adventurous than this, but they've not had a single chance yet.

They're both counter-attacking sides that love parking buses, it was always likely we'd end up with a terrible match.

They're both counter-attacking sides that love parking buses, it was always likely we'd end up with a terrible match.

Counter-attack after counter-attack would be fbbb.

Instead we're getting Greece counter-attack, CRC pass about defence, lose it midfield, Greece counter-attack, CRC stop it, pass about defence, lose in midfield, rinse, repeat, yawn, kill self over this awful ****.

Counter-attack after counter-attack would be fbbb.

That only ever happens if both teams counter-attack with a lot of men hence leaving space on their backs. Not sure why you'd ever expect that from Costa Rica or Greece. :D

That only ever happens if both teams counter-attack with a lot of men hence leaving space on their backs. Not sure why you'd ever expect that from Costa Rica or Greece. :D

I still thought it'd be a bit more exciting than this. I wasn't expecting an end-to-end spectacle of the ages but I thought we'd get a goal or two before HT with another at least in the second half. Both teams will be happy at 0-0 ffs :D

Archived