• Excessive
    • Should have effected international games ames only
    • FIFA got the ban spot on
    • Should have been longer- 24 game ban?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.

The first option is the only one I wouldn't select. I don't love the idea of punishing a club for the actions of their player while playing internationally, but I can see the benefit. Maybe should have been longer, but not a LOT longer. And by and large, it's in the neighborhood of what I think is appropriate.

Went for spot on, as it was the closest to my thoughts.

I'd have preferred it to have been a bit longer & also for him to have to have his psychiatric counselling continue, with him having to reach certain caveats within a given time frame that could be agreed between the organisation & the assigned psychiatrist.

4 months may have been enough if it did not start in June.

The ban should have went to the end of the year, this is his 3rd attempt to take on an in game snack!

Having said that the guy is an idiot and I am sure when he comes back from the ban he will be fine for maybe the rest of the season and then next season the red mist will appear and he will be at something like this again.

Liverpool are best getting rid of him, take the cash that is going and move on.

He should be banned until the Uruguayan camp admit he done something wrong.

That will never happen, the whole Suárez situation is great for them to feel like they are the victims and to encourage and motivate their own players.

And if they lose, they can just blame FIFA and foreign media.

Was contemplating between 3 & 4.

Personally think that the ban is almost spot on - but I think it should have been until January 1, 2015. Six month ban would put him off a lot more, especially because he'd miss over half of Liverpool's season. That's the sort of thing that'd really make him think twice about opening his mouth.

Personally think it should've went for the entire season, Cantona got 8 months for kicking someone for the first time (although it was way more violent).

What will FIFA do once he comes back and does the same thing? Ban him for the rest of his career?

Though I am biased against him, he comes in late for tackles in a sly manner and yet no ref seems to see his dirtiness on the field

Very good decison by FIFA :thup:

4 months is a long time, but not as ridicolously long as some people suggested. And by banning him from all football they asured that he definetly will have some time to thing over things

I voted for 'should have affected international games only', with the reason being it becomes more of a pain in the arse for us to sell him now :D.

Why the hell do you want to sell him? He might be an idiot but he's your best player by far

:) I've voted for spot on,but the guy clearly needs some sort of therapy which FIFA should have suggested imo

Was talking to a teacher yesterday she said its something a very young child would do(biting)and he clearly has not outgrown it,she also said his school reports(if any)would probably make interesting reading!,,??

Should have been longer. He clearly still has no clue what he's done. In his head it's all right to do these things. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we'll see something similar again before his career ends. If he wasn't such a tool he'd be my favorite player in the world by far.

Why the hell do you want to sell him? He might be an idiot but he's your best player by far

Also misses a hell of a lot of games. Granted his amazing when he plays but hardly want to be relying on a ticking time bomb that misses like 10 games a season through suspension if you want to win the major honours.

The fact there's been no remorse or acceptance of what he's done means the ban clearly isn't long enough IMO. I really hope he's hounded for the rest of his career because I don't think he will change now.

He told the panel that he fell into his shoulder, but there was no bite. So he doesnt even recognise it happened. Suspect that's part of why the ban was so severe.

The ban isn't long enough for the third time biting a player imo.

But, Its seems that this is something that is hard wired into him and it will happen again and again. It is a mental illness.

I believe he shouldn't be punished for something he can't control but that also means he can't play professional sport if he can't control it.

Why does everything have to be mental illness? Why can't he just be a bit of a *****?

That is the two options, mentally ill or Scum.

Don't think he should be playing football if he is either tbh.

Should have been longer, or the 4 months starting in mid-August.

That is the two options, mentally ill or Scum.

Don't think he should be playing football if he is either tbh.

Clearly scum, with no care for the opposition, the amount of shocking tackles he puts in, trying to hurt the opposition is disgraceful, he then decides to play act right afterwards as if he got hurt. Too much of a danger to others.

Also misses a hell of a lot of games. Granted his amazing when he plays but hardly want to be relying on a ticking time bomb that misses like 10 games a season through suspension if you want to win the major honours.

Pretty much as pearcey said. He will serve this ban and then it will be a case of when next. He always going to have that hanging over his shoulder and he will explode again at some point. Might as well cut our losses and be rid of such lunacy.

Just me who's bored of the whole coverage this is still getting? Even as a Liverpool fan I'm not interested in it (until after the World Cup).

It probably gets very much coverage because 1) he didn't apologize yet, 2) he, the national team, and some in the whole nation are deluded, and 3) people keep asking themselves whether this ban will change him in the future.

It probably gets very much coverage because 1) he didn't apologize yet, 2) he, the national team, and some in the whole nation are deluded, and 3) people keep asking themselves whether this ban will change him in the future.

Aye, I'm not saying it's getting more coverage than it should, just that even as a Liverpool fan I don't care about it now while the World Cup is still going on.

RAWK is pretty funny, talking about how the ban is against Suarez human rights and how it is illegal due to stopping him working.

Saw this post on RAWK:

Great post. It is not like he has murdered someone. It was just a bite and that too not piercing type. He was just looking to be clever and get reaction from defender.

"looking to be clever" ok :D

My opinion is it should have been 12 months. People may think that's excessive but I think it isn't just about Suarez, it is about deterring others from doing the same.

Maybe even expand domestic bans to count against all forms of soccer - banned in the league, you're banned from UCL/cups/internationals. Make players a bit more accountable. May need to only apply for bans that are given for everything other than cards.

Interesting.

Football__Tweet ‏@Football__Tweet · 56m

Luis Suárez's stadium ban is so strict that FIFA say Liverpool must take their 2014/15 team picture outside Anfield if they want him in it.

Coral ‏@Coral · 42m

Apparently the stadium ban on Luis Suarez is so strict that if Liverpool want a squad photo at Anfield, Suarez is not allowed in it!

:D

I don't quite understand the point of banning him from the stadium. What do they hope to achieve with that?

Rather than have grey areas, its nice and plain not allowed in stadiums.

I think it shows FIFA are taking it seriously.

What's grey about it? A ban from playing is pretty clear cut.

I don't think he should have been banned from training with Liverpool either. It's pretty ridiculous actually. That's the kind of ban that is only merited after getting caught with performance enhancing drugs I think.

What's grey about it? A ban from playing is pretty clear cut.

I don't think he should have been banned from training with Liverpool either. It's pretty ridiculous actually. That's the kind of ban that is only merited after getting caught with performance enhancing drugs I think.

so only opposition players are in danger from being bitten? What if he bites a team mate during training?

That could've happened already tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool would cover it.

Archived