International and Continental League of Nations.

Firstly, I would like to reference this excellent file, which showed me that doing this was possible, and which I referred to a lot whilst setting up these files - without these it would have taken a lot longer to work out how to make this. Check out this file too, because the league system is a lot more intricate that the one I have created.

League of Nations

What I am aiming to create here is a complete set of league competitions, with working promotion and relegation, for national sides to play in. These will run alongside the club divisions, and actually will add an interesting element to club play as you have to learn how to play without your international players. But I was not happy with simply setting up an international competition, in which all national teams play together. This somehow loses a whole lot of interesting potential for continental competitions. Thus, I have decided on the following format:

- An International league system, containing 6 levels in which all the national sides in the game will compete. This will contain relegation and promotion of teams between levels, and runs on odd years.

- Continental league systems (or competitions for the federations that only have a small number of teams), in which all national teams from a particular continent will play. Again, there is promotion and relegation where appropriate, and these competitions will run on even years.

- A knockout cup, with all national teams in the world, which will run every year.

So in the end you have two interleaved league systems; World wide and continental, which take place on alternate years, and a knock out cup that takes place every year.

Screenshots

FIFA First Division

FIFA Second Division

AFC First Division

CAF First Division

UEFA First Division

CONCACAF First Division

OFC Championship

CONMEBOL Championship/

Intercontinental Competitions

African Competitions

Asian Competitions

European Competitions

North American Competitions

Current state of the files

There are some naming errors, and weird things with the order of the leagues, but everything is stable and works as expected. Feel free to let me know if you come across any big bugs, I will try to fix them. I also give permission to anyone who wishes to extend, correct, or use this file to do so. If I cannot give it the love it deserves, I hope someone else can!

Download link here

There are 7 files, one for each continent and one for the intercontinental system. Select all of them when you start a new game. You may want to load a database with as many current national players as you can. Finally, choose a league that loads in December/January as your start date, the leagues run from January to November.

I like the idea of Continental Leagues. I once made a system of different regional tournaments and cups, but it always crashes on the fifth season. If you like I could send you the file to look for ideas.

Good luck on this project mate!

I am struggling to find the time to properly finish this project actually, which is a damned shame because it could have been the basis of a really interesting edit.

I do know that it is stable over long time periods, and that the only bugs I have are competition naming, and the fact I know I have missed a team in the Inter-continental league (I just have to check all the teams I guess!). I am tempted, once I have corrected the last point, to release the files as they currently are. This way, people can let me know any issues they notice whilst playing, which would be great.. I miss my student days when I could afford to spend days doing something like this. Damn you responsibility. I will make a decision this weekend.

well, I certainly do not have time for my old perfectionist ways on such things. Which is a shame. Anyway, I fixed the one major bug I was aware of - which was the missing team in the FIFA League system. So I will release it as is, and hope that people enjoy playing with it.

Download link here and first post updated.

There are 7 files, one for each continent and one for the intercontinental system. Select all of them when you start a new game. You may want to load a database with as many current national players as you can. Finally, choose a league that loads in December/January as your start date, the leagues run from January to November.

I thought I had removed Pays Basques from the leagues, I only added them originally because I had missed a team somewhere and needed a place holder until I worked out which team it was. At the moment I do not have the time to dedicate to any big editor project, so sadly I cannot add any more teams. The only thing I can do is fix any major issues people come across. I am glad you are enjoying the file, sorry I could not give you the answer you wanted.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Sorry for digging this old thread up, but does this file still exist anywhere? I swear I used to play the Continental version of this database but I can't find it anywhere.