Group E - Ecuador v France // Honduras v Switzerland - 2100 BST

JD nawrat

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I know :(

And now even more of that money is going into Rio in 2 years :thdn:

Let's hope the IOC is wiser than FIFA and move the Olympics to some other place. :thup:

Nothing to worry about if you're French imo. Been the far better side, just that they couldn't bury the chances. On another night they'd have scored 5 like they did against Switzerland.

I think they missed Valbuena tonight and I think bringing two strikers on was not a good idea either.

Oh and Karim Benzema is the most frustrating striker in world football. For all of his talents the man can't finish.

Nothing to worry about if you're French imo. Been the far better side, just that they couldn't bury the chances. On another night they'd have scored 5 like they did against Switzerland.

I think they missed Valbuena tonight and I think bringing two strikers on was not a good idea either.

Oh and Karim Benzema is the most frustrating striker in world football. For all of his talents the man can't finish.

Well apart from this game is finishing in this tournament has been quality.

You know that's never gonna happen :D

Yes, it won't but the organization of the Olympics have been even worse than the World Cup one.

No more Enner Valencia :(

No more Alexander Domínguez either. :(

Well apart from this game is finishing in this tournament has been quality.

Should've scored at least 4 in the opening game and walked away with only 2.

He's been okay prior to tonight, but considering the amount of chances and shots he's had compare to only having 3 goals, he's not doing enough imo.

Never thought I'd say it, but Shearer is correct and I agree with him :eek:

What is Giroud/Sakho supposed to do there? Just stand and be forced to not move because they're being fouled? Swinging elbows is NOT right, but they're being fouled and something has to be done about it.

Never thought I'd say it, but Shearer is correct and I agree with him :eek:

What is Giroud/Sakho supposed to do there? Just stand and be forced to not move because they're being fouled? Swinging elbows is NOT right, but they're being fouled and something has to be done about it.

Sadly, the answer is probably to go down. It's definitely not to elbow them, and while going down is unlikely to get them a penalty, it might lead the referee to look a bit more closely next time there are players clustered in the box. What they did was stupid, should've been red card for Sakho certainly, but really referee was just not good enough.

Sadly, the answer is probably to go down. It's definitely not to elbow them, and while going down is unlikely to get them a penalty, it might lead the referee to look a bit more closely next time there are players clustered in the box. What they did was stupid, should've been red card for Sakho certainly, but really referee was just not good enough.

Unfortunately I don't think the referees will do anything - Martin Skrtel has been bear-hugging and man-handling opposition players inside his and opposition boxes for a good five years now and he still gets away with it every week.

Unfortunately I don't think the referees will do anything - Martin Skrtel has been bear-hugging and man-handling opposition players inside his and opposition boxes for a good five years now and he still gets away with it every week.

I agree, doesn't really matter what you do, if the referees aren't strong enough to give penalties in those situations, nothing will change whether you go down, stay on your feet, whatever.

Still not sure elbowing them is the right way to go though :D Sakho definitely deserved a red, if we're being fair then after Suarez that really does deserve some retrospective action.

Suarez's predilection for chomping on human flesh is weird and disturbing, but I agree with Lineker; what Giroud and Sakho did is way more violent and deserving of retrospective punishment. But holding in the box needs to be stamped out as a matter of urgency. It's a far bigger blight on the game than the typical Anglophone obsession of diving.

Archived