Should Suarez be banned from football?

jmr

Should he be banned from football?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be banned from football?

By the time we could talk about Giggs on this forum it had been public knowledge for at least a fortnight, and being off the field it was a bit meh after the humour died off.

Outrage for Terry was purely because he was England captain iirc, can't see why anyone would care otherwise.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Uruguayan response is fantastic.

Do they have t-shirts? ;)

What is this 'The UK media are making a big deal out of it'? What rubbish. It's all over the place and FIFA are apparently looking into it so I am pretty sure that guarantees it being reported everywhere

Also, he plays in England so it's of particular interest. If he played for Roma we'd probably not care as much. It's relevant to us, ffs

jmr's RAWK posts ... wtf :D

The most severe punishment I remember is Rojas for Chile in Quals for 1990 World Cup

Led to Chile being banned from 1994 quals after be basically 'bladed' in a qualifier against Brazil, in which defeat would have meant they didn't qualify. He was banned for life too

Something thrown onto pitch, firework and he went down (it went nowhere near him (and bladed). Match called off

Surely everyone could agree that:

1) a multi year ban for biting someone once would be excessive;

2) a multi year ban for biting someone 50 times would be entirely justified.

If so when does the multi year ban kick in. For me it is certainly less than ten, and quite possibly as low as three.

Guys don't go on RAWK. Was reading earlier a post by a guy who said he lives in Brazil and he says he sees kids playing on the street and they are often scrappy and tough. Pulling hair, eye gouching etc. it's the South American style apparently. Part of the culture. Not sure where I've heard that before...

• Administrators
Guys don't go on RAWK. Was reading earlier a post by a guy who said he lives in Brazil and he says he sees kids playing on the street and they are often scrappy and tough. Pulling hair, eye gouching etc. it's the South American style apparently. Part of the culture. Not sure where I've heard that before...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314077.msg12948323#msg12948323

I can only imagine a scouse travel guide for South America :D

"When in Montevideo you may want to partake of the pastime of shouting at foreigners and pulling their hair"

The whole 'shape of his skull' post from RAWK is genuine we need to sit this person down and have a word. It's like 11 year old levels of defending things. Next step is fingers in ears and la la la la laaaaa

And I thought Liverpool's defence of Suarez was pathetic, love the Uruguay response!

I'm pretty sure they've tried to come up with as ridiculous a defence as possible. In which case, solid effort :thup:

Haha yeah biting other footballers and potentially giving them serious infection and/or transmitting potential diseases.

Oh Suarez, your biting antics are so funny and harmless! You wild card, you! :brock:

Give over. Of course he's a ****ing danger. He thinks it's acceptable to bite other human beings.

In defence of the people posting on RAWK you really are cherry picking quotes from one or two loons, I am looking at the site now and nearly everyone is basically calling Suarez a loon and knows he deserves serious punishment. So let's not pretend that all Liverpool fans are calling him innocent etc please.

Most just don't want him to be banned from domestic football. Now you can argue that they are themselves self centered and care more about their club than the good name of football, but let's be honest we are talking about football fans who are a breed unto themselves.

Haha yeah biting other footballers and potentially giving them serious infection and/or transmitting potential diseases.

Oh Suarez, your biting antics are so funny and harmless! You wild card, you! :brock:

Give over. Of course he's a ****ing danger. He thinks it's acceptable to bite other human beings.

So out of interest is Pepe also a danger, as he has been sent off over ten times now. He's headbutted people and stamped on them. He obviously think's this kind of behavior is acceptable. I am pretty sure he is a danger :)

The ball starts rolling:

888pokerVerified account

‏@888poker Following recent allegations made against Luis Suárez, we are reviewing our relationship with him. We will not tolerate unsporting behavior.

Adidas could also follow suit:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/brazil2014/luis-suarez-sponsorship-reconsidered-by-adidas-888poker-1.2687706?cmp=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A far bigger profile for Suarez comes from Adidas, which is FIFA's oldest partner — the relationship goes back to 1970.

In a statement, the German sportswear giant said it awaits "FIFA's full investigation into this matter and will respond accordingly."

FIFA's decision about the eventual ban will be decided today (Thursday).

So out of interest is Pepe also a danger, as he has been sent off over ten times now. He's headbutted people and stamped on them. He obviously think's this kind of behavior is acceptable. I am pretty sure he is a danger :)

He is. I don't know why you're pointing the finger at other people, though. This is about Suarez, not Pepe nor Bob from down the road. It's a kid's argument - "but Pepe did it first!"

FWIW, Pepe is a danger, yes. And he has served punishments accordingly, as should Suarez. Pepe's actually kept himself pretty clean for a few years now - he still flares up and loses the head but he hasn't done anything as bad as when he kicked the Osasuna (?) player on the back of the head, which of course he got a 10 game ban for. That was also his first major offence iirc. Since then he's been accused of plenty but hasn't been charged by the RFEF for them, so there's no issue here imo.

He is. I don't know why you're pointing the finger at other people, though. This is about Suarez, not Pepe nor Bob from down the road. It's a kid's argument - "but Pepe did it first!"

FWIW, Pepe is a danger, yes. And he has served punishments accordingly, as should Suarez. Pepe's actually kept himself pretty clean for a few years now - he still flares up and loses the head but he hasn't done anything as bad as when he kicked the Osasuna (?) player on the back of the head, which of course he got a 10 game ban for. That was also his first major offence iirc. Since then he's been accused of plenty but hasn't been charged by the RFEF for them, so there's no issue here imo.

It's not a kids argument at all, it's completely relative if people are going to start throwing around stuff like 'he's done it before', 'repeat offender' etc. They are both high profile professional players so it's completely fine to question punishments relative to other players.

Hey and for what it's worth i'd much rather get nibbled on by Suarez than kicked in the head whilst laying on the ground from pepe. Ten match ban for him for that one huh, I am surprised he wasn't banned for life, he is after all a danger. Wasn't he also sent off the other day for headbutting someone? I guess that doesn't count as a major offence. Nothing to see here move along.

It's not a kids argument at all, it's completely relative if people are going to start throwing around stuff like 'he's done it before', 'repeat offender' etc. They are both high profile professional players so it's completely fine to question punishments relative to other players.

Hey and for what it's worth i'd much rather get nibbled on by Suarez than kicked in the head whilst laying on the ground from pepe. Ten match ban for him for that one huh, I am surprised he wasn't banned for life, he is after all a danger. Wasn't he also sent off the other day for headbutting someone? I guess that doesn't count as a major offence. Nothing to see here move along.

Well now you're just being a pillock.

Suarez has bitten for the third time. Pepe's kick was his first major event of *********. He hasn't done anything nearly as bad since then.

Pepe's red card v Germany cost him and his team their World Cup. He also got a three match international suspension for violent conduct.

I think he's been punished enough.

There is no reason....none at all...to defend Suarez. He is a great player and one of the best in the world at the moment. He should receive a punishment that is suitable for a player that has carried out this act. I can't think of another player who has done anything like this before and repeated it to an extent of 3 times (the last event also being in the most high-profile tournament in the sport), therefore he should receive a punishment that warrants such a strange and persistent act. Overall, I just find his actions weird, can not believe anyone would be defending him, even by claiming his actions are on a par with another player...these actions are a one-off when you not only consider he has bitten a player, but gone and done this 3 times. I mean come on...he's bitten someone...as in taken a bite out of someone...a bite...mentalist!

Hitler was never banned from football iirc,

He would have gained more international caps, but he had a lot of competition for his Right Wing spot at the time.

Hitler = Germany's Ray Clemence really.

It really is in the grand scheme of things though isn't it. It's a football match where a adult child lost his temper and bit someone. Yeah he's crazy but it's really NOT that important. I guess if you find 5 pages of analysis on a guy biting someone interesting then good for you.

Maybe the first time someone does this, I might agree with you. The third time? No way.

Archived