Sports Interactive Community
Djstu23

Costa Rica V England and Italy V Uruguay - 17:00 BST - Group D

That's not a red card. He wasn't lunging in or out of control. Was pretty slow too.

When his foot is above the ball and studs are into an opposition player's leg, it's either intent to hurt or reckless/out of control. Nobody tackles like that unless they're trying to hurt someone or have lost control.

Potential leg breaker considering the angle. Now the intensity of the touch isn't known to us, but stupid challenge.

Not harsh at all, that was an attempt at crippling, kicking the inside of the leg on the floor, scandalous.

It's not an attempt at all - it's just a really poor tackle. He's not trying to hurt him otherwise he'd have no qualms about the red. He's made a silly reckless challenge and doesn't quite realise it.

So fed up of referees ****ing up. Such a vital game too. Okay, Italy have been boring as hell, but they don't deserve to get sent out by a referee.

I hope they hold on now, just due to this injustice.

Deluded.

yeah but we know you're an idiot. Pretty obvious red card.

Second glance, that is totally understandable.
Not harsh at all, that was an attempt at crippling, kicking the inside of the leg on the floor, scandalous.
When his foot is above the ball and studs are into an opposition player's leg, it's either intent to hurt or reckless/out of control. Nobody tackles like that unless they're trying to hurt someone or have lost control.

Clear late tackle, but no violent conduct. Yellow.

Deluded.
Please, he's clearly tried to hurt him with studs scraping down his leg. Luckily the ref is looking straight at him.

Violent or not, studs are up and he's above the ball. He's lost control of his tackle and it's dangerous. That is a red card offence.

And I'm an Italy fan here - I don't want him to be sent off! :D But unfortunately he had to go. It was a red.

Sturridge has to come off, yet another sitter missed.

Finally, a good move by England

Dammit so so close

England don't need to win. But do they want to?

Wilsheres had a good game, really should have started the other two tbh

Clear late tackle, but no violent conduct. Yellow.

It might have been late but what sort of message is that sending out if players are not sent off? Those kind of tackles are potentially dangerous injuries. Definite sending off.

What a ball from the Master himself :cool:

Shame about the Master's shot :D

That's why we watch you pass more than we watch you shoot, Andrea :lol:

Buffon is not going out at the groups :cool:

Infostrada Sports ‏@InfostradaLive 46s

#ITA 0-0 #URU (59') Marchisio receives 8th RED CARD for ITA at the WC. Only URU (9), ARG (10) and BRA (11) have more.

It's not an attempt at all - it's just a really poor tackle. He's not trying to hurt him otherwise he'd have no qualms about the red. He's made a silly reckless challenge and doesn't quite realise it.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that. Not from an Italian. He was never trying to control the ball, he was putting his studs into the inside of the oppo's knee. Knew full well what he was doing there.

I freaking love Buffon

Shows what an impossible situation referees are in. If a group of people from across the world seem split almost 50/50 on an incident after a few views, referees have no chance with their one, full speed, look.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that. Not from an Italian. He was never trying to control the ball, he was putting his studs into the inside of the oppo's knee. Knew full well what he was doing there.

Woah! Coming from a Dutchman?! Home of de Jong? :brock:

Think it's a good job England are going home, this has been a fantastic tournament, and our slow and predictable football has no place in it, sadly.

Infostrada Sports ‏@InfostradaLive 46s

#ITA 0-0 #URU (59') Marchisio receives 8th RED CARD for ITA at the WC. Only URU (9), ARG (10) and BRA (11) have more.

South America and 'jogo bonito'. :cool::D

It seems Uruguay are finally going to win this game.

Shows what an impossible situation referees are in. If a group of people from across the world seem split almost 50/50 on an incident after a few views, referees have no chance with their one, full speed, look.

That is a good point.

Providing it's not one of those calls like Brazil's penalty in the first game where it's almost unanimously against the referee, then it's not a bad job from the ref imo.

Sturridge with so many damn dives this tournament, such a ****.

Oh dear Immobile. Offside or not, that shot was atrocious!

Go on lads, tell me he didn't go down easy there :D

Woah! Coming from a Dutchman?! Home of de Jong? :brock:

Pfffff, that was never a red, just a clumsy challenge, what game were you watching then? ;)

Uruguay looking complacent because of their man-advantage. I think Tabarez bringing a striker on for a defender in reaction to the red was a bad decision. Italy will get the job done here I feel.

It seems Uruguay are finally going to win this game.

I'd expect you to have seen some tournaments, to write off Italy that easy is wrong :D

Well, intentional or clumsy, it was a red and no one could be doubting that.

Pfffff, that was never a red, just a clumsy challenge, what game were you watching then? ;)

The beautiful thing is that I don't even know which decision we are speaking specifically of - there's too many to choose from! :D

Nah I love de Jong, was a hero for us at City. Will always be one of my favourites, great player. Just loves a dirty tackle or two :cool: