Costa Rica V England and Italy V Uruguay - 17:00 BST - Group D

Djstu23

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And there in sums all the problems with this country right now - they are playing for England, every game matters. They have embarrassed themselves in the first two games and this was their chance to stand up and show what they can do. You might be happy with them being apathetic in this game, I want them to win every game regardless of who we are playing or what the situation.

You should be part of the England setup because you don't appear to give a flying f either.

This is amazing, wp.

because both Uruaguy and Italy were terrible when playing them.

So what?

They were tipped as whipping boys and haven't lost to any of the three supposedly superior teams in the group. They've generally looked more entertaining than the other three as well.

He said this was his last World Cup. He may still be in the Euro.

Let's hope so. Would be unfortunate to go out of international football like this. He's still so bloody good, if he can keep up physically he should still do allright in two years.

Shame he didn't bury that freekick. Would have been glorious if he sent Italy through.

Italy are rubbish, Uruguay are rubbish, we should have been beating them tbh.

As I have said previously, this group was made up of three mediocre teams past their best, & a team unproven. The unproven side wanted it more, & played to win & qualify, whilst the other three were poor. People keep saying England played well, but you have to compare their opponents, & the truth is I will be very surprised if either Costa Rica or Uruguay go any further.

He said this was his last World Cup. He may still be in the Euro.
Let's hope so. Would be unfortunate to go out of international football like this. He's still so bloody good, if he can keep up physically he should still do allright in two years.Shame he didn't bury that freekick. Would have been glorious if he sent Italy through.
That's not true. He's said this will be his last tournament, and appearance, for Italy.

That was the worst performance from England I've ever seen, I think. Absolutely spineless, and laboured to create chances against a half-arsed team who were meant to be the group' shipping boys. Wilshere, Smalling, Jones and Lallana in particular looked well short of the quality required to play at this level.

That was the worst performance from England I've ever seen, I think. Absolutely spineless, and laboured to create chances against a half-arsed team who were meant to be the group' shipping boys. Wilshere, Smalling, Jones and Lallana in particular looked well short of the quality required to play at this level.

underestimating how awful mcclaren was, if I'm being completely honest

Why on earth as a Scot were you watching the meaningless England game? :D
I recorded it and watched it after I got in from work. Was hoping for an England win, but **** me that was dire. Shaw and Barkley looked really impressive though.

Hodgson should be allowed to carry on and build on these wonderful performances :thup:

Wilshere showed a few flashes of what he could do and what we needed as a third midfielder. Obviously gave the ball away a few times as normal and keeps falling over but I wouldn't have said he was one of the worst performers. If we are building for the future I think he should be a regular.

I recorded it and watched it after I got in from work. Was hoping for an England win, but **** me that was dire. Shaw and Barkley looked really impressive though.

Are you sure you're Scottish? :D

The one-two with Sturridge was wonderful and should have been a goal, and he's one of the few Englishmen who could make a pass like that, so he's clearly got it in him to be fantastic, but other than that pass he was slow, sloppy and lacked any creative edge .

Hodgson should follow Prandellis route.

Not a chance, he's convinced himself we so close to being one of the top sides at the tournament. We dominated midfield today, and against the mighty Costa Rica dontcha know!

You obviously didn't watch Algeria in the last World Cup or Norn Iron in quals under Sven then

That was never a red for Marchisio for Italy

Yeah, I think that picture of the bite is getting worse with every picture ffs :D He'll have no arm in the next one

I realise that may well be a joke but they do seem increasingly more visible with the teeth marks. He absolutely did bite him and whether there is a mark or not is irrelevent in terms of punishment

Haha, ace pic looking again :D

As awesome as it was to be at a World Cup game that was without doubt one of the worst displays I've ever seen. When did we get so bad?! Not only is my first ever taste of live major tournament football a dead rubber but it's a shocker too. If I was watching at home I'd have turned it off.

I missed the team announcements so early in the first half I was squinting down at the pitch from my lofty cheap seats trying to figure out who was playing on the right. I worked out eventually it was Milner and Jones. Then a few seconds later it hit me and I was like "Milner and Phil Jones?! Is that the best we've got?!". With Smalling at the back too and no sign of a decent defensive midfielder on the horizon where is the future for England? We were sodding terrible and I really don't know what's left out there that could improve it.

Oh yeah, and the large section of England fans in front of us once again embarrassed us by kicking off and generally acting like the animals and knuckle draggers they are towards the end of the game. Managed to turn what was a 50/50 England/Costa Rica supporting Brazilian crowd completely against us. Was ashamed to be English from the performance of our team and our fans.

Still had a great day, but the match itself was instantly forgettable.

Archived