Sports Interactive Community
sean_oc16

Match 32 - Group G - USA VS Portugal 2300BST

A point is fine for Portugal if Germany and USA don't draw their final game and Portugal beat Ghana...

but I'd be bricking it as a Portuguese right now. Ideally they want the win to avoid awkward moments in the final match. USA can get a point from Germany... can maybe even beat them.

Confess I'm largely ignorant about Varela but being behind Eder inthe pecking order is not a great sign

A point is fine for Portugal if Germany and USA don't draw their final game and Portugal beat Ghana...

but I'd be bricking it as a Portuguese right now. Ideally they want the win to avoid awkward moments in the final match. USA can get a point from Germany... can maybe even beat them.

In fact maybe it isn't. Forgot about Portugal's awful GD. They need two wins really don't they? :lol:

e: oops, pressed quote instead of edit by accident :(

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! JONES THE REAL KING OF SOCCER!!!! :applause:

where´s Ronaldo by the way apart from making turns and stepovers that lead to nothing?

Confess I'm largely ignorant about Varela but being behind Eder inthe pecking order is not a great sign

Winger. Nothing to do with Eder

He's a winger, therefore behind Nani not Éder. Not sure that makes it much better. :D

Varela's a winger iirc.

I can definitely see USA going through in 2nd.

Played some impressive stuff so far and they deserve it as well :cool:

Yedlin is coming on? Interesting

USA should be trying to win this, best chance of qualifying with their own hands is in front of them right now

I know you don't usually get them but the US defender only tried to block Nani off there.

USA should be trying to win this, best chance of qualifying with their own hands is in front of them right now

If they draw that scenario doesn't change tbf. They'd be 2nd with 4 points, Germany 1st on 4, Ghana 3rd on 1 and Portugal 4th on 1.

It'd still be firmly in their hands.

e: Moreso because Portugal would need to win by 3 goals if USA lost by 1 goal just to overturn the deficit GD. Ghana would need only to win 1-0 if USA lost 1-0 because Ghana have a superior GF...

When is Nani finally going to get a card here?

Pls Klinsmann bring on Wondo

We can still go through if Germany hammers the US and we put some 6 or 7 past Ghana. :thup:

So innocuous but he's in visible pain. Maybe strained/stretched ligaments.

Oh he's fine actually. Impact injury :thup:

We can still go through if Germany hammers the US and we put some 6 or 7 past Ghana. :thup:

With Eder banging them in, I don't see how that plan can fail

Here comes Brooks?

I rag on Eder but he's actually Portugal's best finisher. He's completely finished us.

3-0 for you or Germany and 2-0 in the other game would be enough :thup: But that's still a big ask, yes.

Your best bet maybe winning 4-0 and having Germany scrap 1-0 (because I doubt Germany will smash the US). But scoring 4 v Ghana may not be easy :D

Maybe Ronaldo can convince Bale to become Portuguese

Maybe Ronaldo can convince Bale to become Portuguese

National animal rights associations would never approve of letting in a welshman

GO ON CLINTON MY BOY!!!

:cool:

Genuinely went mental when Bradley got the ball, was sure ther ehad to be a goal. Was shouting "GO ON!" :D Hope I didn't wake the family up :o

Clint :cool:

goodbye Portugal unless Ronaldo can summon up something