World Cup Transfers

JD nawrat

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perišić is supposedly wanted by Milan, Juve, Napoli, Everton.

Brozović (insanely average plonker that was brought in vs Brazil) is supposedly wanted by Inter. Dinamo rejected €4m offer and want 6 they say. That would be 2nd most ridiculous Dinamo transfer I've ever seen.

Eduardo "wanted" by Flamengo and Fiorentina.

Rebić "wanted" by Schalke and Wolfsburg.

Memphis Depay, only 20, having a great World Cup off the bench. Could get a big move this summer.

Four years ago Elia had kind of the same impact. Depay is deadlier, but he still has a long way to go.

About Oar: ofcourse Utrecht wants to start talks. He's not even good enough for Eredivisie ffs.

Four years ago Elia had kind of the same impact. Depay is deadlier, but he still has a long way to go.

About Oar: ofcourse Utrecht wants to start talks. He's not even good enough for Eredivisie ffs.

Never rated Elia at Hamburg, always thought of him as a speed merchant with the occasional trick in his book. Depay looks to have a bit more know-how, he finds himself in good positions.

But yes, the problem with these tournaments is that 2/3 great performances =/= great player. Elia is a very good example :thup:

Did Elia really have a good 2010? Not IMo anyway.

He wasn't amazing but he had a solid tournament for a relatively unknown (at the time) 23 year old. His ability to run at defenders earned him a lot of plaudits iirc.

Pogba to Chelsea, says... Pogba. :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2664580/Paul-Pogba-likes-look-Chelsea-shirt-picks-Blues-midfield-Football-Manager.html

International competitions like the World Cup and the European Championship and other similar comps are overrated, shame clubs sometimes still don't realize that.

Good point too. The World Cup had probably stopped representing football at its peak in the wake of the Bosman ruling.

Lol I guess Pogba chose to manage Chelsea obviously because they got money in the bank to splash on buying Pogba. Tbf, if I was a professional player and made it on FM, I too would sign myself for a ridiculous price.

Lol I guess Pogba chose to manage Chelsea obviously because they got money in the bank to splash on buying Pogba. Tbf, if I was a professional player and made it on FM, I too would sign myself for a ridiculous price.

Don't even have to be a professional. Mate of mine was in it one year when he played for a 4th division team in Belgium :D

Fulham have confirmed the signing of 21-year-old Australian striker Adam Taggart from Newcastle Jets, who played the first half in Australia's 3-0 loss to Spain. Transfer fee undisclosed by Fulham but reported here as $300k AUD.

I'd like to know what possessed his parents to name him Memphis, ffs

I think his father is from Ghana. I notice that many Africans have quite adventurous names. Guess he's lucky, could have been called Goodluck or something ^^

Brozović (insanely average plonker that was brought in vs Brazil) is supposedly wanted by Inter. Dinamo rejected €4m offer and want 6 they say. That would be 2nd most ridiculous Dinamo transfer I've ever seen.

Which transfer is the most ridiculous?

I think his father is from Ghana. I notice that many Africans have quite adventurous names. Guess he's lucky, could have been called Goodluck or something ^^

There was a comment on this over here in one of their WC clips. Apparently it's quite common with a pile of middle names for Africans, paying respect to their father, grandfather, mother, some random famous person, and suchlike.

Rafik Halliche of Algeria in touch with HNK Rijeka, Croatia. Only stumbling point is that he asked for a delayed holiday during the Ramadan fasting.

Flamengo president seen in a hotel with Eduardo and his mom confirmed that she would like to see him join them.

Have really liked the look of Carlos Sanchez. Joel Campbell will probably get a PL loan move. Enner Valencia, Aurier, Blind and Depay have been decent.

I've been very impressed by Sanchez and Campbell too.

Aurier has performed well, as was to be expected - and will surely get a decent move soon enough.

Navas and Diaz from Costa Rica, Cuadrado, Ochoa and Darmian have also looked good, as have the 'Rodriguez brothers' - Ricardo and James.

This WC has had so much more good play than 2010, although South Africa hosted a great tournament.

Weren't Arsenal reportedly looking into Serge Aurier? Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sort something out for him ASAP, both as a replacement for Sagna and because his price tag will likely increase soon after his successful campaign at the WC. Having said that, Ivory Coast are out now so if his price is to inflate it's too late for Arsenal to try and buy him before it does so.

I'm pretty sure Rangers signed 2 Russians that did well, however, this is the Scottish league we're talking about. They also signed that horrendous player, who's name escapes me, that scored 5 (or was it 7?) in a single WC match. Money well spent imo.

Oleksiy Mykhalychenko did reasonably well at Rangers but he's a Ukrainian. The only other I can think of is Oleg Kuznetsov, who as well as being it bit less prolific in Glasgow than Mykhalychenko was actually born in East Germany and poached by the USSR due to his parentage.

Can't think of any true 'Russians' at Rainjurs apart from Salenko.

Jeez, even Sergei Baltacha was Ukranian.

I think Yeltsin Tejeda is a steal, considering he's 22 and still playing in Costa Rica. Will surely move to a richer league.

Bosnia's Besic, Ghana's little right-back Afful too.

Algeria's Brahimi also looks good. I didn't knew him, but seems he already plays in Spain for Granada, so might be expensive.

Blind and Depay have been linked already

Blind. The same Blind who has played for Ajax the last umpty years. Who got demolished 6-0 by Red Bull Salzburg and thus never would add up to anything.

Depay. The same Depay who hasn't been able to hit a barn door from a yard out this season. The PSV player whose team struggled to get into the Europe places in their Mickey Mouse league.

Both play 3 good matches and all of a sudden the clubs wake up?

You have to wonder if scouts are doing any work at all these days, and if so, how they can switch from meh to wow over the course of 3 matches.

Blind. The same Blind who has played for Ajax the last umpty years. Who got demolished 6-0 by Red Bull Salzburg and thus never would add up to anything.

Depay. The same Depay who hasn't been able to hit a barn door from a yard out this season. The PSV player whose team struggled to get into the Europe places in their Mickey Mouse league.

Both play 3 good matches and all of a sudden the clubs wake up?

You have to wonder if scouts are doing any work at all these days, and if so, how they can switch from meh to wow over the course of 3 matches.

Three words. Louis Van Gaal.

Algeria's Brahimi also looks good. I didn't knew him, but seems he already plays in Spain for Granada, so might be expensive.

Pretty sure I've read somewhere either Porto or Benfica or both were in for him, but then PSG got interested too.

Shaqiri looks like he has almost guaranteed a move elsewhere now, looks quite sorted to the prem as well, although short seems to be a very strong and fast player. That said, I dunno if he is particularly better than any of Arsenals wide players (Theo, Oxlade, Podolski are all as good or better imo) or Liverpools unless Suarez goes/gets a long ban

Actually I was thinking of Pokrivač to Monaco but now you made me think with Balaban there. Let's call it a tie :lol:

Nikola Pokrivac! This has made me remember a conversation that I had with 3 croatians on the tube in London after a match. They liked Pokrivac IIRC

Yeah, Shaqiri etc not going to get a move. And if he does, it'll be a mega, mega move that would have happened with or without the WC.

He's had a terrible WC anyway, was absolutely diabolical in the first two games :lol: A hattrick against one of the worst sides of the tournament doesn't make him world class all of a sudden.

He'll be kept at Bayern as a back-up/future replacement to Robben.

Think that lad who scored 3 for the swiss today, shakkeri, should've done enough to earn himself a big move abroad. Congrats to him, announcing himself on the world stage like that. :thup:

the sarcasm is strong on this one

Archived