Match 31: South Korea vs Algeria, 8 p.m. BST

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gee Asia hasn't been covering itself in glory. Japan and Korea very disappointing, Australia better performed than thought but have still lost both games. Iran the most impressive which is not saying much
South Korea just woeful. Asian football really is pretty **** atm.

Asian football is always of low quality. Sometimes, you do get a strong set of players, but there is no constant regularity. Saudi were good in 1994, you saw quite nobody in 1998, South Korea were an anomaly in 2002, and there was none in 2006 and 2010.

Yeah, one of my mates was slating me last week for saying Algeria would get 2nd in this group. Told me they'd not even score (egg on his face when they took the lead v Belgium :D) and their best hope of a point was a draw against South Korea but even that was unlikely. :lol:

Had the same thing from a few people after saying Algeria would get through, safe to say I'm enjoying this! :D Also said they'd get a draw from Belgium, so close :(

I like Algeria. They're capable of doing well at the WC, defensively they are very good. A lot of people have underrated them I think. Were unfortunate not to get a point against Belgium.

How were they unfortunate? Tonight they're finally showing they can play football very well, against us they were fine with parking the bus, resulting in a grand total of 2 shots (barely) on goal. Makes you wonder why they didn't try that before.

Algeria to go through over Russia perhaps? Russia has looked pretty toothless.

Russia are a very average side imo. Algeria just as good as them, so yes, I can see Algeria going through in second place.

A draw in their final match will be enough for Algeria to progress, because it is against Russia :thup:

Archived