Sports Interactive Community

Finished 2nd in the league with Liverpool in my first season which was considered an overachievement. In the first season I played a 4-2-3-1 which looked like this

KzCBcTo.jpg

Instructions are Retain possession, pass into space, hassle opponents, lower tempo and push higher up. I would often drop the CM(d) into the DM position and AP into the midfield position to make a 4-5-1.

I understand changes need to be made for the second season as teams will more likely be used to the way I play, but I am not sure how drastic the changes should be. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Your setup looks pretty logical to me. I don't agree that changes need to be made second season however teams will look to exploit weaknesses in your tactic. All tactics have flaws at the end of the day. Why not just see how it goes on a game by game basis? You might struggle to break defensive teams sitting deep due to the low tempo play (retain possession and lower tempo). If so this is easily adjusted.

I agree with Matthew2. There's nothing wrong with your set up, and there's no point making changes for the sake of it.

Stick to your guns and see how things pan out.