Spain V Chile - 20:00 BST KO - Group B - BBC

Djstu23

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't get the hate for BBCs coverage. This has been good so far. The bigger games they been spot on

I've been a big fan of BBC's punditry so far - miles ahead of ITV, who seem to be getting worse. The thing letting BBC down though is some of their commentator choices.

Btw only just now fully noticed the Spanish lineup.

I like it. Xavi as much as it pains me cannot control a match anymore. Pedro in for a wing is obvious, should've been there in the first match already. Whilst many constantly call for Iniesta to be used as a #10 as it appears he'll be in this match (though he seems to be on left with Silva central), I'd have considered dropping Silva as well and bringing in Fabregas as #10 though (with Iniesta on left). That'd be totally focused on the directness they seemed to have at the start of the first match - two pacey runners in Pedro and Costa and their most direct playmaker in Cesc. This because Chile gifts ridiculous amounts of space.

Javi as a centre-back is surprising but Piqué is way off form and surely Javi will have more intensity.

Chile hooligans done a mess before the match! Imagine what they'll do after, when they're eliminated.

Many detained by the police too after invading the stadium:

Bqb0XNYCQAAsAMX.jpg:large

Spain started well vs Holland too so it might be deceiving, but I'm getting a better vibe out of these first 15 minutes already. Despite the 2 first minute chances for Chile - Chile just gives too much space at the back.

**** me. Make the change and hook Xabi.

Baffles me how he escapes the 'this Spanish midfielder' is done hyperbolic nonsense when he's been as poor as any.

But who do you play then? Drop Xabi for Cesc? That's a midfield of Busquets, Cesc, Iniesta, Silva, Pedro. That's 4 outright extremely attacking players with Busquets trying to hold it together, surely he cannot cover that much space?

Hey look, Chile goal. Guess I should stup up about Spain looking good. :D

Archived