Sports Interactive Community
CaptainPlanet

Match 15 - Belgium V Algeria - 17:00 BST - Group H - ITV

Really looking forward to seeing this Belgium side.

We can play some boring stuff from time to time though. But I'm anticipating us to SHOCK THE WORLD!!!

Some massive over-hyping, boasting and over-anticipation, I really have the feeling all the pieces are set for a massive disappointment.

My gut says 1-1 and if we really disappoint 0-1. But in spirit of the tournament and a hopeful start I'm going for a 2-1. Our tempo needs to go up compared to the previous games though.

Friendlies are just that, friendlies. Also we did look impressive against Sweden. Only the match against Tunesia was disappointing, which was to be expected with no-one wanting to get injured.

You can count on them being fired up for this.

Go Lukaku hattrick. :cool:

Number of league goals when turning 21:

Messi - 57

Owen - 55

Rooney - 44

Shearer - 10

Lukaku - 65

In Rom we trust :cool:

Algeria has good forwards, Slimani is tall and good at headers, Ghilas is a powerhouse with a good shot, Soudani is skilful.

Some decent midfielders too, on a good day they might surprise. The centre-backs and keepers look a bit dodgy though.

Algeria have vowed that they are no longer the dour anti-football merchants of 2010 and now have more firepower to attack teams.

So they might park the bus a bit, but probably not as bad as Iran. Depends whether they fancy their chances more against Russia/South Korea if they can try and avoid defeat today.

Taider and Feghouli to lead Algeria to an upset victory today :cool:

Hopefully good Feghouli turns up today. He's brilliant at his best but so, so, so inconsistent.

Januzaj to come off the bench to grab a brace.

Belgium: Courtois, Vertonghen, Van Buyten, Kompany, Alderweireld, Witsel, Dembele, Chadli, De Bruyne, Hazard en Lukaku.

Dembele instead of Fellaini or Defour.

Chadli instead of Mertens, Mirallas or Januzaj.

Van Buyten instead of Vermaelen or Lombaerts.

apart from that no real surprises.

Mbolhi, Bougherra ©, Ghoulam, Halliche, Feghouli, Medjani, Bentaleb, Soudani, Taider, Mahrez, Mostefa

Mbolhi, Bougherra ©, Ghoulam, Halliche, Feghouli, Medjani, Bentaleb, Soudani, Taider, Mahrez, Mostefa

Anyone know Bentaleb? I have him on my bench in my fantasy team.

Surprised neither Slimani nor Ghilas are starting, think these two will get out of the group but would be brilliant to see Algeria get a result today :cool:

The BBC just said we already have 2* the number of goals that was in 2010WC. That can't be true surely?!

The BBC just said we already have 2* the number of goals that was in 2010WC. That can't be true surely?!

Think they mean at this stage?

ITV having "um" Andros "um" Townsend :(

I am not sure, cause he's seems reluctant to mention it, but I believe he wants to take his game to the next level

At this stage :D

Mahrez makes the Algeria lineup :cool: really think they can cause an upset, not necessarily today but I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat Russia and/or South Korea and qualify from the group with Belgium.

I will always like Vertonghen, Courtois is my favourite goalie, so therefore: go Belgium!

Rais M'Bolhi :cool: Was great for Hearts on one of the older FMs.

It will be interesting to see how Belgium do in this group but also the matches amongst the other 3, not sure what to expect from Russia and people slating Korea lately too so Algeria may be able to nick results

I anticipated the previous matches with massive expectations, e.g., Argentina vs Bosnia. And those matches turned dour and like a bowl of soup without salt.

Now, I just expect nothing. That way, I'll have no disappointment if this also turns boring.

Bowl of soup without salt, yeah nailed it there georg, can't think of anything worse ...

What the hell is Strachan on about? Speedos fgs!

Now then, are Belgium finally back? Come on Red Devils!!

I was confused why you would put salt in soup, and now I'm more confused why you would put Salt in Carbonara!

It's like Carbonara with no Pancetta. There, fixed it for you ;)

I was confused why you would put salt in soup, and now I'm more confused why you would put Salt in Carbonara!

It's like Carbonara with no Pancetta. There, fixed it for you ;)

You need a bit of salt in everything.

Why are Belgium getting booed here?