Sports Interactive Community
CaptainPlanet

Match 13 - Group F - Iran vs Nigeria - Monday - 20:00 BST

Feel sorry for Ameobi here, surrounded by utter tripe.

Iran boots it to the Nigerian end. Nigeria boots it right back. Compelling stuff this.

Switching off now, wish they could have surprised me but only shock is that they have not lost 1-0

Feel sorry for Ameobi here, surrounded by utter tripe.
He should be used to it HAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA

What happened?

Was just an egregiously late dive from an Iranian player. Wasn't paying enough attention to tell you who though, I'm at work. But it was like he was running through the stage directions for the dive in his head. "Ok, gotta start diving. Maybe should begin with a stumble. Oh damn, that wasn't much of a stumble. I'll try a little hop instead. WHOA, too much hop, better bend the knees a bit. Almost forgot, hands in the air. Now slide, pose, then grab the knee."

0-0 is 2/1 atm, surely worth a punt at that price looking at how this game went 1st half

couldn't be bothered topping up my account as my funds were tied up :(

Can't believe Scotland only got a draw against this mob

Probably they were more disappointed by the draw then Scotland were...

An NEC player just entered the field during the WC. Who'd of thunk it ^^ As NEC have been relegated to the Dutch 2nd division, this indicates quite well what quality game we are watching. Sadly, this is the first absolutely torrid game of the WC IMO.

Doesn't beat the situation 2006, where Togo had a player from the German Oberliga or so :D

First poor game of this tournament. I really don't hope that this is some turn to bad in cases of entertainment/quality

Thank **** that is over.

I wonder if the Iranian defense was just really good or the Nigerian attack was really poor.

or both, I guess we'll see when Iran faces Argentina.

Draw suits neither of them. Dont understand Iran holding on for it.

Nigeria like every other African team. Athleticism, pace, all the physical attributes, but little technical quality.

Booed. :D

I think Iran played well, in accordance to our expectations. It was Nigeria who stank. They could have done better with the precision of their passing.

They never play a route one style of play. I have no idea why they went with that today.

Going to write a strongly written email to FIFA demanding the money I spent on the 4 beers I drunk during that match to be refunded!

Oh that was dreadful. What were Nigeria doing? Couldnt even make a simple 5 yard pass with making a mess of it. There I was thinking they'd get to the knockout stages. This should have been the late night game, wish it got swapped with Ghana vs USA wouldnt have had to sit through that then.

You only drunk four daylight??
And 6 vodka & cokes.

Nigeria like every other African team. Athleticism, pace, all the physical attributes, but little technical quality.

That's an unfair generalization.

There's no defending this performance yes. But the issue isn't technical quality. It's focus and discipline. But whatever.

Could have done with Ameobi and Odemwingie from the start instead of Emenike. :D

Goes without saying.

You only drunk four daylight??

Actually spent most of the night making cigarettes and smoking them, that reminds me, I was also demand they pay for the throat sweets I will need tomorrow.

That's an unfair generalization. There's no defending this performance yes. But the issue isn't technical quality. It's focus and discipline. But whatever.
dont pay any attention to him, he's just a typical temperamental Italian.

Nigeria were abysmal, man for man they're miles better than Iran but they played with the chemistry and teamwork of eleven randoms plucked off the street.

Actually spent most of the night making cigarettes and smoking them, that reminds me, I was also demand they pay for the throat sweets I will need tomorrow.

You drive a hard bargain, sir.

dont pay any attention to him, he's just a typical temperamental Italian.

I can't help it :(

I think this game was worse than the seminal Algeria-Slovenia match in 2010.

It was worse than the worst dose of crabs!

Great game. Far too much crap defending so far in this World Cup as evidenced by the stupidly high number of goals. Just a pity neither side attempted to kick lumps out of the other :(

:p

Alls good that ends good.

Worth watching the program to see Mario Balotelli's tweet of the Panini book with stickers of just him and reading "why always me".

Great stuff!

:D

I'm not watching the Ghana game, its on too late so I'm hoping that Belgium vs Algeria ends up about 5-4 to make up for this disaster tonight.

3 0-0s could send Iran through. :cool:

Imagine Iran 0-0ing their way to the World Cup Final :D

Iranians drinking alcohol in São Paulo as they can't in Iran:

20140616175837110857o.jpg

Hang on. If Sone Aluko is Nigerian, why was he not playing? Better than their other attacking options. Planks of wood would have been more useful than Emenike, Moses and Azzez tonight however.

@PMLF I saw some Flamengo fans in the crowd having a good time

You'll find Flamengo fans in pretty much every game as Flamengo have fans all over the country, far more than Corinthians for example.