Match 12 - Group G - Germany vs Portugal - Monday - 17:00 BST

CaptainPlanet

Well, they do have foundations in reality. There's no denying that by the advent of televized World Cups, even more so in colour in 1970, which marks a crucial turning point in football history (for better and worse), Brazil in their yellow and blue kits and their plenty flair players and fluid systems back then, had been the most flairful side of the Cups.

Similarily, Italy have a prominent history with being defensive, and Germany in between 1970 and 1974 until very recently was an exception from the typical rule too. However, as the world moved on into globalization, once distinctive styles mixed by coaching/player exports and every game in very country being shown on TV, it could be even argued that once distinctive national styles (not tactics) have all but gone for the most part. That's where clichè comes in too.

Only watched England-Italy in full so far, which means this marks the first German WC match I haven't watched live ever since Germany-Colombia in 1990. Which for some reason I still remember as I was toddling about in my parents' garden, and either my mom or my dad came out to tell we'd have drawn. :D Curious what the fabulous lads at SI's comm have got to say about the match now.

Of course they have a basis in reality, but there comes a point where people surely should open their eyes and forget matches of 20 years ago constantly ressuscitated by commentators. I mean Italy has played the best version of tiki taka seen in the competition so far and look mildly shaky defensively. Yet my local newspaper apparently printed out that they parked the bus vs England. :lol:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pepe :D - Whats that now? 13 career red cards? Such an idiot. Can't stand the player.

Pretty straight forward for Germany, was a little surprised at their line up at the start of the game but they never had a problem really at the back.

Muller always in the right position at the right time, just an incredible knack of being where the ball lands. Got a great chance of being the all time top WC goalscorer by the time he is done.

Ahhh, that was good :cool: Pepe fupping animal gets right what he deserves, great moment of great justice. Then Ronaldo not able to get the ball past a one-man, well, it's Lahm, half-man wall :D

Ronaldo getting harsh judgement, reason he couldn't do much because Germany were good, and it is a team effort. Messi is still better though. :D

Germany were great, no doubt. But his performace today was absolutely awful, can't remember last time I've seen him that anonymous

Its our second group game that usually causes problems. We haven't won a second group game, in any tournament, since Euro 2000.

It was at WC 2002, wasn't it? As Germany didn't win anything at EURO 2000

The likes of Spain and Argentina usually have the reputation of playing beautiful football.

I can't understand that reputation of Argentina here in Brazil. Even when they play worse then Brazil (usually happens in almost tournaments) we praise them and criticize our own team.

Yesterday was the same. They did a weak game against Bosnia (good team), but still brazilians think that Argentina always play better.

We played pretty badly, and Pepe should learn to shut up and play. Good thing about this is we won't see Hugo Almeida anytime soon.

Hope this is the first game syndrome for Portugal, and we play with a different attitude vs Ghana and USA else we're out.

Scummy Muller

Yeah right. SCUMMY PEPE - straight red- hope he gets banned for 10 games or more. Absolute scum.

By the way- did ANYONE see "CR7" tonight? Did this guy even play? Ah right I remember a freekick against a ONE MAN WALL with Lahm and "CR7" exactily hitting it :D :D :D

WORLD CLASS i would say.

Bring on Messi - Remember 2010 :)

cristiano-ronaldo-crying.jpg%3Fw%3D788

God I hate Thomas Muller

289797_heroa.jpg

This is what a world class striker is all about :D

Pepe deserved a red card, Muller deserves to have his manhood taken from him. Both are scum, subhuman scum.

Haha yeah right. I would have liked to see Hummels do exactly the same thing to "world class" Ronaldo. Would have

taken 20 minutes for him to stand up again after rolling around the floor and crying like a baby.

Love the Müller hate :D Pure envy. 3 goals silence every sensible human being.

Muller is part of the cancer killing the beautiful game. He is not Joga Bonito.

Another one who believes in the "Joga Bonito" myth :D

I am sure you also believe in true love :)

Muller is just a decent Dirk Kuyt.

Yeah Kuyt also has been a WORLD CUP TOP SCORER and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER.

Your posts are just so ridiculously funny :applause:

IxBuQj6.png

What the hell is Müller supposed to have done wrong? Had the cheek to not let a dirty slap across the face from the dirtiest animal in football go unnoticed or something? Good on him I say! Are we now going to say poor Pepe was provoked into headbutting Müller?

Muller living up to the name of a legendary goalscorer of the past with the same name - being in the right place at the right time. Pepe getting a red card put a huge grin on my face. And then Ronaldo not doing much also made me happy, but I didn't expect him to anyway considering his injury. Even before the start of the WC I've been thinking that Portugal will not make it out of the group, now I'm even convinced they won't.

Will Muller be having surgery to remove the sand from his vagoogoo?

Learn to lose and man up. The ref decision was absolutely spot on for it was an obvious violent conduct and therefore a clear red card. Apart from that every player does some overacting, especially the portuguese when they are touched even slightly they roll around for hours (check out CR7 for some lessons in whining).

And no, Müller will be playing the next game against Ghana in top condition and score some more goals :D

Learn to lose and man up. The ref decision was absolutely spot on for it was an obvious violent conduct and therefore a clear red card. Apart from that every player does some overacting, especially the portuguese when they are touched even slightly they roll around for hours (check out CR7 for some lessons in whining).

And no, Müller will be playing the next game against Ghana in top condition and score some more goals :D

I agree Germany deserved the win, I am just pointing out how pathetic Muller is for diving as I have all the others so far in this WC. FIFA needs to stamp this bs out, it has no place in the modern game.

Win by fair play, not cheating.

I agree Germany deserved the win, I am just pointing out how pathetic Muller is for diving as I have all the others so far in this WC. FIFA needs to stamp this bs out, it has no place in the modern game.

Win by fair play, not cheating.

No offense :)

Just saying EVERY player does that and its not a Müller only thing, so its kinda hard to exclusively blame him for it.

On the game - I am VERY surprised by the result. Never expected that. Before the game i was happy with a draw but that how life is. Germany will go out in the semis again (if they even make it that far). Hummels seems to be ok, that was a scare when he was subbed but he seems ok they say. Still, they wont win the World Cup. Brazil will make it I say. Or the Netherlands. Or Spain.

Muller annoys the hell outta me for some reason

Care to elaborate on the reasons for that? because of his "diving" as you say or what?

The trouble is that some infractions do not get punished if the player aggrieved does not theatrically dive. How many players are being held on their jerseys or arms and nothing is given unless they drop to the floor.

Archived