Match 10 - Group E - France v Honduras - 20:00 BST - The Emilio Izaguirre Appreciation thread

Rhino

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mexico only qualified because the US helped them as well, they were going out to Panama

Yeah, two goals in stoppage time.

You could see the Panamanian players looking at the Americans like "WTF are you doing?" :D

Impressive performance there from France, looked good in the final third, created lots of chances.

Nobody has singled out France this WC as even dark horses to win, been a low key hype for them it seems.

Brazilian press apparently called them their team to watch.

Brazilian press apparently called them their team to watch.

Yes, France were praised a lot, especially after they crushed some of their pre-WC opponents.

Missed the first half so only just seen the penalty, seems a bit soft at first glance?

It was a penalty in my opinion, he made no effort to get the ball. The yellow card was probably harsh, but he had made many bad tackles already and was running out of chances.

Honduras can't have any complaints over the penalty imo, no intent to even get the ball, Palacios just stupidly barging straight into the back of Pogba.

Fair play to the French players tonight for keeping their calm during the calm with all the poor challenges/tackles going in.

It was a penalty in my opinion, he made no effort to get the ball. The yellow card was probably harsh, but he had made many bad tackles already and was running out of chances.

I'd say it was a fair yellow card. As you mention though he ahd made several other poor challenges prior to that so if the yellow wasn't specifically for the penalty challenge then maybe it was for a collection of fouls.

I just analyzed this picture with my ruler.

The diameter is 1.8 cm, corresponding to 22 cm in reality. The ratio is then 1:12.

The ball is 0.1 cm over the line, corresponding to 1.2 cm in reality.

Taking error from my eyes and the positioning of my ruler, with GoalControl claiming that their accuracy is up to 0.5 cm, I say it was a goal. :thup:

The diameter is 1.8 cm, corresponding to 22 cm in reality. The ratio is then 1:12.

Taking error from my eyes and the positioning of my ruler, with GoalControl claiming that their accuracy is up to 0.5 cm, I say it was a goal. :thup:

Congratulations on working out what everyone else in the thread was saying about an hour ago

Impressive performance there from France, looked good in the final third, created lots of chances. Nobody has singled out France this WC as even dark horses to win, been a low key hype for them it seems.
Because they're not going to win it. Even with their laughable draw.

The thing is, I don't even think you're joking! :D

Archived