Match 10 - Group E - France v Honduras - 20:00 BST - The Emilio Izaguirre Appreciation thread

Rhino

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you knew Izaguirre, you'd know that was very out-of-character for him, he's a consummate professional. But you go ahead and make judgements about a player base one one incident, if you makes you feel clever.

You mean "he's not that kind of player"

France probably getting the most difficult game over here, at least they won't be chopped over the park by Switzerland and Ecuador

Who cares, France is in a rediculously easy group anyway. No wonder they are stopping their 10 games played 1 won streak at major tournaments till today lol.

You mean "he's not that kind of player"
Hehe, not quite. I think just about every player has "that" in them, just that it's premature to judge Izaguirre on 2 incidents when he's got a long track record of good behaviour.

I really wonder hot the hell Honduras managed to finish ahead of Mexico in the CONCACAF qualification? They're by far the worst team so far in this tournament

Because Mexico were a hot mess in qualifying.

Honduras actually beat them at Azteca. Only the 2nd time Mexico has ever lost a WCQ there.

Honduras actually beat them at Azteca. Only the 2nd time Mexico has ever lost a WCQ there.

Ugh they were so awful. I actually was expecting New Zealand to sneak past them

Hehe, not quite. I think just about every player has "that" in them, just that it's premature to judge Izaguirre on 2 incidents when he's got a long track record of good behaviour.

Probably just wants to fit in with the rest of the Honduras team.

Just wait till Iran and/or South Korea play, then you'll see the definition of a **** poor side.

Last time I saw south korea they were so so horrible

Yeah, definitely need players to do a lot more shooted-ing

Can never have enough shooted-ing

Just wait till Iran and/or South Korea play, then you'll see the definition of a **** poor side.

Iran/Nigeria game is prime time, 8pm tomorrow, isn't it? Ouch. I bet BBC had to fight ITV hard on that one. Better hope Messi does a lot tonight otherwise gonna have to go over them England goals again ;)

That goal line technology thing is bollocks :D It may have been over the line, or may not have been, but it certainly wasn't over the line by the margin it showed. It won't make a difference in this match, but the thing itself may become more controversial than goals not/given ^^

It showed it being over the line by about an inch.

Iran/Nigeria game is prime time, 8pm tomorrow, isn't it? Ouch. I bet BBC had to fight ITV hard on that one. Better hope Messi does a lot tonight otherwise gonna have to go over them England goals again ;)

I already know what's gonna happen. They'll treat it like they treated the Tahiti match. And that makes me sad.

"There was a little bit of confusion with the 2nd goal and goal line technology" - Pearce

He'll be in the hotel bar later saying 'that goal line technology was a mess, wasn't it' and everyone nodding and looking down into their pint

It showed it being over the line by about an inch.

In the heat of the moment it looked like much more. Anyway, that stupid goal screwed up my NAP in the predictions league :p:D

Mexico only qualified because the US helped them as well, they were going out to Panama

Archived