[FM14] A Crook-ed way to the top.

kris0710

qq7wHzi.png

Zane Crook

A 26 year old Australian has found himself hunting managerial jobs across Europe's best footballing countries

England

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Portugal

Spain

Along with the lesser known countries

Austria

Belgium

Bulgaria

Greece

Poland

Russia

Switzerland

Turkey

Ukraine

Oh and Scotland.

Job Interviews

YYjfy2C.png

Not in great shape at the moment, Macclesfield find themselves 23rd in the Skrill Premier, three points from safety after 12 games.

hezEH99.png

Fairing a little better Cambridge are 11th sitting seven points from the Play Off's and six clear of the drop zone.

Job Offer

6Dwe1AJ.png

Moss Rose here i come.

FIJHnik.png

Macclesfield Town Football Club

Skrill Premier

2013/14

Background

fZyBPH9.png

Finances

94oW2aB.png

Results So Far

6oYfwwY.png

Table (as of Oct 4th)

Sxn1gwX.png

The fixtures this month start with a trip to bottom club Tamworth and our other away game is at leaders Forest Green. We host Hereford and Southport plus the FA Cup kicks off for us.

Good luck kris, your Cambridge history was awesome, hope this one will too :)

Thank you. I hope that now i have a new laptop this will be my final save on FM14!

Who is Zane Crook?

He is completely made up. Grabbed the name from a Random Name Generator!

FIJHnik.png

Skrill Premier

2013/14

October

NdJvGVs.png

After the worst possible start losing to bottom club Tamworth we have come back brilliantly. In the clash of the bottom two we struggled to create anything decent and for the most part neither did Tamworth. The goal came from a horrendous error by young keeper Branagan who dropped a routine cross at the feet of Justin Richards who couldn't miss. A first home game in charge brought the first clean sheet of the season with Scott Boden scoring his first goals for the club. Expected very little going to league leaders Forest Green but i couldn't be more wrong. We raced into a two goal lead inside 11 minutes and never looked back. Mid way through the second half we counter attacked the home side to seal a great win and just as pleasing was another clean sheet. A third win followed with Southport going home empty handed. Winger Whitaker opened the scoring before the away side levelle with their only effort on target in the 90 minutes. Soon after the break we got the decisive goal from Chris Holroyd ending a drought going back to early September.

RI0yTYi.png

Still in a relegation battle but things are much better than a month ago. November see's us face two of the sides beneath us and three sides between 8th and 12th.

FA Cup

XLa7nTC.png

A close tie saw us edge past a better Kidderminster side. Once again it was Whitaker and Holroyd doing the damage. The downside saw left back Otis Weber injured with a broken ankle.

FA Cup 1st Round Draw

Gei8elC.png

Not the best of draws but with Torquay struggling in League Two maybe we have a shot at the 2nd Round.

He is completely made up. Grabbed the name from a Random Name Generator!

Oh ok yes very random then.

Had enough of Cambridge for now? :p

Who would want to stay at Cambridge?

Had enough of Cambridge for now? :p
Oh ok yes very random then.

Who would want to stay at Cambridge?

He did :D

Hey there is nothing wrong with Cambridge! I just thought things could be a little boring copying my previous save.

Should've gone to Cambridge.

No no no no no (maybe).

Tell us some of the tactics and formations you are using in this career. What rep did you start with?

With this i started with Semi Pro rep, starting with Sunday League when you start unemployed on a JourneyMan career i have found near impossible to get employed.

As for tactics it is hardly worth talking about, I've only had four games at the club. The first two games i used a standard 4-4-2 and then for the second two i used 4-2(DM's)-1-2(1x AMC 1x AML)-1

FIJHnik.png

Skrill Premier

2013/14

November

CWqutwO.png

Back to earth with a bump after a good start to life at Macclesfield. We kicked off November with a good point against Wrexham as we led just two minutes before the break but the away levelled two minutes after the break. It was a tight game and a point was a fair result. A home defeat to Kidderminster followed that saw us concede twice in the opening period, the second being a right wing cross that my keeper decided to let go through him! Led at home to Dartford early on but that lead lasted just six minutes. As the game looked to be heading for a draw Dartford stepped it up and scored in the 85th minute from a corner. A trip to Cambridge, who we have just been drawn against in the FA Trophy, saw us beaten well again conceding twice inside the opening 18 minutes. At last we won a match this month at Salisbury and we barely deserved it. Led in the sixth minute we were pegged back a minute later. Mid way through the first half the home side scored again from a 25 yard free kick. Out of nowhere we got a leveller through new loanee Jake Kempton and it was Kempton who set up winger Whitaker for a winner with seven minutes left. We came away with the three points with our only three efforts on target!

Q977pfI.png

Back in the bottom four but nothing to worry about yet. It is still tight between 11th and 22nd.

FA Cup

VbJ7Lur.png

A goal behind at League Two Torquay at the break we scored 26 seconds into the second half. The game looked to be heading for a replay until striker Chris Holroyd headed in the winner from six yards.

FA Cup 2nd Round Draw

TzXgjS6.png

League One Bradford await in the next round.

FA Trophy

aqtc0D0.png

A quickfire brace from Chris Holroyd set up the victory over Cambridge and earn revenge for the league defeat. We were well worth the lead and held on despite Cambridge scoring in the 83rd minute.

FA Trophy 2nd Round Draw

6XpYty1.png

A trip to Skrill South side Gosport is the reward. The home side have scored 17 goals in 5 home cup ties this season.

Transfers

Back up keeper Rhys Taylor has been released and his replacement is Dale Newton. The 22 year old was on the books of Sheff Wed as a youngster and will be here until the summer. In addition to Newton coming in we have signed two players on three month loan deals. George Pilkington has come in from League Two side Mansfield and 19 year old Jake Kempton comes in from Wolves.

Quality. :D

Haha, enjoyed that one. :thup:

This game is pretty streaky, a win against Salisbury should improve results :)

This will be the way all season i think. I have 13 players I'm happy with so when it comes to rotation we struggle.

FIJHnik.png

Skrill Premier

2013/14

December

YWn2dba.png

Another month with just a single win. December started with an entertaining draw with Lincoln that saw us come from behind to lead only to gift Lincoln a soft goal early in the second half. Yet more entertainment when Salisbury came to town, we led after 45 second through an own goal but they hot back quickly and by the 6th minute we were 2-1 down. Pilkington levelled from a corner but yet again we conceded quickly after. Looked to be heading for defeat until sub Boden scored in the 92nd minute. With two cup games this month already i decided to prioritise the Christmas/New Year double header with Hyde over trips to Braintree and Grimsby. For both games i made 8 changes and it told with two beatings. Braintree led early before Holroyd drew us level. Two more first half goals then a fourth after 59 minutes completed the scoring and things were worse at Grimsby with us 3-0 down after half an hour. After Holroyd scored Oumare Tounkara scored in either half to complete the rout. In between those defeats we faced lowly Hyde and a strengthened side saw them off with three first half goals, two more for Holroyd.

VeAOrBl.png

FA Cup

cBR6RsJ.png

We put on a great defensive show at League One Bradford but were undone by an 82nd minute following a foul by Joe Connor. A home tie with Arsenal was Bradford's reward. :(

FA Trophy

52E6q9Q.png

Raced into a 2-0 lead at Gosport and seemed to be cruising. But within 10 minutes the game was at 2-2 and we were in trouble. A tactical change at the break put us in the front foot but it took until the 92nd minute for us to score the winner.

FA Trophy 3rd Round Draw

jyWqJjI.png

Given the recent league game it should be entertaining.

Award

3xhuO4N.png

Well deserved award for the top scorer.

Shame it's going a bit tits up.

It gets worse, lost six in seven during Jan/Feb to then be sacked. In September now and not one single interview.

I seem to be in the same cycle, take a job mid season, get sacked a few months later and even with Semi Pro rep i cant get even an interview for another job. A 39% win rate for a club in 22nd isn't all that bad, surely?

I play with the automatic rating. Start with league 2 clubs (regional)and unless I'm league winning successful, I have a hard time getting a job at same level again. In current save went Dag and Red(won league year three, relegated from league 1 and sacked year 4) went to Torquay(relegated to Skrill premier, win the league or be sacked! Won the league. Moved on to NE Revolution of MLS spend 5 years not great but not bad. Resign. After 6 months only Skrill premier Carlisle would hire me and did their board suck. Spent 3 years there. resigned. Spent a year looking for a job. Only Cambria & Cladych of Welsh premier league would hire me. Semi - Pro, $1200/week payroll.

Thing that pisses me off is that the same AI managers get hired over and over.....I hate Moyes

Archived