Sports Interactive Community
Rhino

Match 5 - Group C - Columbo v Grease - 17:00 BST

Goal for Armero! Nice build up, great dummy from James :cool:

Great celebration.

Get in Columbo.

Gonna be a good game.

As boring as Greece are I'm looking forward to see Panagiatis Kone play, guy's got teckerz!

P.S why aren't Jackson Martinez + Carlos Bacca playing?

Because they have got so much other good strikers/wingers. Not surprised. Guitierrez is always a starter as well.

The pace in Colombia's team is frightening.

As boring as Greece are I'm looking forward to see Panagiatis Kone play, guy's got teckerz!

P.S why aren't Jackson Martinez + Carlos Bacca playing?

Because of legendary Gutiérrez.

Wow, didn't expect such an early goal with Greece usually doing well defensively. Nice team celebration.

am-es really? I've always just read as the standard english James..:o

Same :D Wasn't until I was watching a Monaco game recently that I found out it was pronounced like that.

1-0 :cool:

How'd that creep in? :D

I thought the ball would never go in, it sneaked past the defender's leg and the GK reaction was hilarious

am-es really? I've always just read as the standard english James..:o

The 'J' in Spanish speaking countries is pronounced as an H. That's why it's "Hayzes Navas", for example.

I always thought it was "Haymez Rodriguez", mind you.

Cuadrado seems to be injured. He is in my fantasy team :(

I thought the ball would never go in, it sneaked past the defender's leg and the GK reaction was hilarious

The super slow mo of the keeper jumping back towards the ball was great :D

Meh, missed the goal :thdn:

Cuadrado played a low cross, J-Rod lept over it and Armero fluffed a shot that the defender deflected to the goal

Happens but the shot hardly had any power in it

All the Colombian boys hounding gorgeous George :cool:

Fully expecting 'Columbia' to be trending at some point tonight.

And there it is. Took 18 minutes.

Watching the goal again, it was always going in, the deflection just added a nice little comedy factor (the GK 'save' attempt).

Respect to the hipsters backing up this Guttierez lad but is he really better than Martinez, Bacca or even Adrian Ramos?

Greece are like Cameroon - get to the final third and haven't a ****ing clue what to do with the ball :lol:

The Greece defender did well there.

Thou shall not disrupt the run of George

Dealing with Cuardado and Ibarbo is a nightmate. So strong and fast.

Colombia and Ivory Coast is the game I am looking forward to the most though.

Respect to the hipsters backing up this Guttierez lad but is he really better than Martinez, Bacca or even Adrian Ramos?

Well he's just had the best season of his life and has more international goals then Martinez and Bacca combined.

This game reminds me why I hate the Greek national team. There's something deeply disturbing at seeing these kind of teams prosper. Is there anyone on that team that can actually play?

No disrespect to the Greek population btw.

He certainly scored more in qualifiers and current top goalscorer (with Falcao absent)

Well he's just had the best season of his life and has more international goals then Martinez and Bacca combined.

Thought he must've scored a tonne of goals... he's got 12! :D

Brilliant. 12 goals and he's Colombia's 10th highest goalscorer in history.

Tbf, that's because Bacca and Martinez spent most of their careers in lowly leagues

Wow nice! Never knew who he was, sorru guys!

Thought he must've scored a tonne of goals... he's got 12! :D

Brilliant. 12 goals and he's Colombia's 10th highest goalscorer in history.

Martinez and Bacca only have 11 between them though :D

Wow nice! Never knew who he was, sorru guys!

If fairness nor did I till about a week ago when reading a world cup preview :D

Martinez and Bacca only have 11 between them though :D

Yeah hahaha.

If you add Adrian Ramos, Martinez and Bacca together, they all only have 1 more goal than Guttierez :lol:

Yepes looked so happy going forward, and nobody gave him a ball to head

Haha, Armero :D

Yeah hahaha.

If you add Adrian Ramos, Martinez and Bacca together, they all only have 1 more goal than Guttierez :lol:

Clearly a country that doesn't score many historically - the top scorer has 25 goals (Falcao is joint 2nd on 20)

This is the first I've watched BBC commentary and, I have to say, it's so, so much better than ITV. It's nothing spectacular but that just goes to show how **** ITV's is :D

Clearly a country that doesn't score many historically - the top scorer has 25 goals (Falcao is joint 2nd on 20)

Traditionally Colombia aren't much of a side I don't think. This current crop is probably the best they've ever had (excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong... just never heard stories of Colombia's history).

This is the first I've watched BBC commentary and, I have to say, it's so, so much better than ITV. It's nothing spectacular but that just goes to show how **** ITV's is :D

Anything that doesn't make your ears bleed is better than ITV's

Traditionally Colombia aren't much of a side I don't think. This current crop is probably the best they've ever had (excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong... just never heard stories of Colombia's history).

Think this is only their 4th World Cup ever, think the team from the early 90's (with the likes of Heguita and Valderrama) are still considered the "golden generation" but yeah, think this generation will surpass them in time.

the 1990-94 side was pretty hyped, and it's a whole background of Escobar's death

Only problem with this Colombia side is that whilst they have 5 very good strikers, they are all quite old. By 2018, all of their current strikers (inc. Falcao) will be over 30...

The physicality of this Colombia side is fantastic. Technically very good as well. Refreshing to see the Greeks being outmuscled :D

Greece unlucky there.