Match 7 England V Italy 23:00 BST KO BBC1

Djstu23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christ I know zero about Italian footballers.

No idea at all who Darmian and Candreva are.

Is Paletta the ex-Liverpool flop, who isn't even Italian?

Darmian plays for Torino. He's had a good season, and is a flexible full back, though I'm surprised to see him start. Prandelli being as bold as RH :D. and yes its that Paletta.

Pirlo won't play in front of the defence I don't think. All this talk of marking Pirlo - Prandelli moved him and put De Rossi as the pivot instead because of all the nonsense. Will be funny if England set up to press that position and find they're hounding De Rossi and not Pirlo.

Are we allowed to talk about the England game yet? because apparently its against the rules of the internet to talk about it before/during other games :(

You may chat about a game that is about to be played, The Italy game is next up so you may talk about that.

Not confident the Italians are any good either, we're either being lured into a false sense of hope (Quater Finals) or everyone in our group is really as useless as we've just seen.

Went onto Italy's page to see their lineup and it isnt there, weird, isnt there a certain amount of time you have to announce it in or am i imagining that?

England ‏@england · 10m

#ITA v #ENG 12 Sirigu 3 Chiellini 4 Darmian 6 Candreva 8 Marchisio 9 Balotelli 15 Barzagli 16 De Rossi 20 Paletta 21 Pirlo © 23 Verratti

Are we allowed to talk about the England game yet? because apparently its against the rules of the internet to talk about it before/during other games :(

wish somebody had said that to ITV/BBC

The first six games of World Cup 2014 have produced 22 goals, in 2010 the first six games had brought just eight goals.

it's easily been the best World Cup start since about France 98 I think for me

that had some pretty good games in the beginning, 2002/2010 were just pretty poor quality wise and the atmosphere wasn't great

If this game is anything like other games in Manaus, we can expect most of the action in the first half and a boring second half.

Like happened when Santos played against Princesa do Solimões there for Copa do Brasil.

If you are fed up of pundits talking, you just watch the pre-match warmup on the BBC site (which they seem to stream for every game).

I have no problem with any BBC build-up. ITV's coverage is shocking.

Archived