Match 7 England V Italy 23:00 BST KO BBC1

Djstu23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can tell this is a football manager forum with some of these posts. Can't wait until this game starts so we can move on past team selection and tactics and pressing and marking etc. Although it'll more than likely commence again for the next game.

Yes,probably hundreds of managers on here all giving their opinion my tactics just get out there and be on the front foot dont worry about them,lets get it started!

We're all nervous trying to imagine what the players are like!

At least they are doing an actual programme about England, rather than using which ever match is on to talk just about England.

True, would still rather they didn't spend so long on England but it's more understandable on the day of the game.

True, would still rather they didn't spend so long on England but it's more understandable on the day of the game.

It irritated me on ITV, but not so much there. ITV coverage just makes me cringe where as BBC at least analysed things properly there.

Is painting pitches a normal procedure? Never heard of that happening before?

I am sure they mentioned it happening in Brazil or PMLF did

I think the Balotelli thing was the pitch markings or come to think of it it was a reaction to the grass? Or are they seperate incidents in the career of Balotelli :p

It irritated me on ITV, but not so much there. ITV coverage just makes me cringe where as BBC at least analysed things properly there.

Anyone thinking there won't be England coverage throughout the day of a game is insane. When will we get it ... half an hour before the game starts? Nothing wrong with it

It becomes *cringe* when any conversation is turned into England talk but when there is actual *news* then no problem. It's being shown in England. If other nations in UK qualified then they're show them too. People that aren't utterly miserable do want to hear about things that happened in training or the pitch or potential starting line up based on training

This 'OMG they're talking about England' is utterly tiresome. Of course they freaking are! Turn it on 5 minutes before it starts, you're not missing any indepth analysis really, people been watching football their entire lives in the UK but for some reason seem to expect some indepth analysis and think they are missing out on it when they're talking about England

Anyone thinking there won't be England coverage throughout the day of a game is insane. When will we get it ... half an hour before the game starts? Nothing wrong with it

It becomes *cringe* when any conversation is turned into England talk but when there is actual *news* then no problem. It's being shown in England. If other nations in UK qualified then they're show them too. People that aren't utterly miserable do want to hear about things that happened in training or the pitch or potential starting line up based on training

This 'OMG they're talking about England' is utterly tiresome. Of course they freaking are! Turn it on 5 minutes before it starts, you're not missing any indepth analysis really, people been watching football their entire lives in the UK but for some reason seem to expect some indepth analysis and think they are missing out on it when they're talking about England

Makes me laugh when people get uppity about them being biased towards England during the game.

Really thought Sterling would get a generous 30 mins in the 2nd half in place of Lallana

I hope he grasps this chance and has a run at the defence

I wonder if his training performances (which RH has been raving about) coupled with the loss of De Sciglio have played into this. Would fancy him running at the likes of Chiellini. Starting to get really excited and nervous now.

Italy XI v England: Sirigu; Chiellini, Barzagli, Paletta, Darmian; De Rossi; Verratti, Pirlo, Marchisio; Candreva; Balotelli.

thought Italy might have used Immobile or Insigne, almost looks like a team who would be happy with a draw

Italy XI v England: Sirigu; Chiellini, Barzagli, Paletta, Darmian; De Rossi; Verratti, Pirlo, Marchisio; Candreva; Balotelli.thought Italy might have used Immobile or Insigne, almost looks like a team who would be happy with a draw

Why? Immobile isn't going to play with Balotelli, its one or the other, and obviously you go with Balotelli. Insigne has never been in contention to start.

That's the side I expected. The side he tested vs. Luxembourg. Will probably be 4-3-3.

Abate not injured as far as I know. Just prefers Darmian.

Inexperienced defence, if you take out two of the five? :/

Why? Immobile isn't going to play with Balotelli, its one or the other, and obviously you go with Balotelli. Insigne has never been in contention to start.That's the side I expected. The side he tested vs. Luxembourg. Will probably be 4-3-3.

whos the third guy in attack?

Archived