Yep the getting a job feature is defo broke

Took Stuttgart kickers from 3rd divison in germany to 4th in bundesliga,

Got them into UCL so played 6 months and resigned because when I was with them wasn't getting a look in at another job.

Jobs am getting offered Barsnley,Bolton & a relegated Aberdeen

cmon,Teams like Feyenoord aint even looking at me same with clubs like Sampdoria..

This wouldn't be the case IRL

Okay, so what exactly have you accomplished that should raise your rep outside of Germany?

Taking a team from the third tier into the Champions League, in one of the strongest European league systems?

A manager like that would be hot property all over Europe.

Taking a team from the third tier into the Champions League, in one of the strongest European league systems?

A manager like that would be hot property all over Europe.

You're completely jumping the gun. Let the man answer the questions first.

If you start off with low reputation it takes longer than that to build it up enough so people will know of you. It will take more than one trip to the CL for people to trust you with a top of the table club in Europe over a mid/bottom table club. Just ask Moyes.

I took Barrow from the Non League North division and now have them in the EPL after 8 years and when i got promoted from league 2 in the summer West Ham came calling who had just been relegated from the EPL, it was tempting but i turned them down......On a different note, if i turn down an offer from Man Utd (which i did) does that hurt my chances of taking them over in the future or any club that you reject?

@OP: It sounds like you haven't raised your rep outside of Germany - e.g. your starting rep wasn't professional. You haven't won anything of note outside of Germany. Winning lower leagues and accomplish a 4th in the highest league won't hardly raise an eyebrow outside of Germany.

In real life - how many German managers have managed outside of Germany? How long did it take for Jürgen Klopp to be mentioned in English papers as a possible manager in the EPL?

You have not acheived enough that would make people take note out of Germany, which is why the smaller clubs are willing to take a risk, but the bigger ones are not. Nigel Atkins took Southampton up two divisions in two seasons and had Southampton holding their own in the EPL, his next job was a level down because the reality is he hadnt achieved enough.

You have not acheived enough that would make people take note out of Germany, which is why the smaller clubs are willing to take a risk, but the bigger ones are not. Nigel Atkins took Southampton up two divisions in two seasons and had Southampton holding their own in the EPL, his next job was a level down because the reality is he hadnt achieved enough.

Exactly the example i was going to use. A man who took a side up twice in succession and he ends up at a side virtually relegated from the PL. Taking a club up two divisions and then quitting half way through a season is hardly going to make big clubs in Europe stand up and want you.

The Atkins sacking was seen as harsh at the time and if he'd taken Southampton into the Champions League then he'd be a candidate for all kinds of jobs.

As soon as you take a smaller club into Europe your stock skyrockets. Southampton were stagnating and on course for relegation when Atkins was sacked.

Taking a club up two divisions and then quitting half way through a season is hardly going to make big clubs in Europe stand up and want you.

You left out the bit about him getting them into the Champions League first.

You left out the bit about him getting them into the Champions League first.

I dare bet any rep increase he achieved through getting them into the CL was cancelled out with him breaking his contract and walking away mid season. Not great on the loyalty front.

Maybe it would be good for there to be a definitive guide on what and more importantly how rep increases. These sorts of threads pop up all the time and every save is different. You've seen my Cambridge thread and that was littered with job offers from the early days, even when i was terrible.

The OP also doesn't mention the contract he has at his club. If it was for a decent wage and three of four years then compensation would surely have put teams off as he cites the reason for quitting that others weren't interested in him.

Without looking it up, can you tell me the name of the manager of Eintracht Braunschweig? They have similarly gone up the German league system very quickly over recent times, although they did not get Champion's League football.

Also, if you started with a low reputation and have achieved success quickly then it is possible that you have simply not sustained success for long enough. You could be viewed as a guy who got lucky in taking over a talented team, or something like that.

Archived