Sports Interactive Community
Baptista_8

Match 1 - Group A - Brazil VS Croatia 21:00 BST including the opening ceremony

And it starts, what a disgrace. Well done ref, you ******.

oh dear.

1 match

1 horrendous referee howler.

Almost justice in the end -- but only almost :(

FFS game was 50 50 until the ref had a nightmare. :(

Fred sat on his back and the defender never touched him

Brazil getting all cheese

What planet are the commentators on? Clearly a dive.

Disgraceful decision.

An ITV world, of which you need to be completely mad to be on.

2-1 Brazil :thdn:

So unlucky for Croatia, Pletikosa almost had it :(

And NOT F*CKING WAY that was a penalty. Fred basicly dived :thdn:

The other teams might as well go home now if that's the standard of decisions Brazil are going to get.

Was very soft but yet again why is Lovren holding Fred? No need. And keeper.... hit the ball onto one hand to another then went in.

That run up to the penalty kick was illegal all the way. That Japanese ref can go home.

Yeah I thought they outlawed those stupid stutter runs?

What planet are the commentators on? Clearly a dive.

Disgraceful decision.

thankfully they had the sense to say it was a dive or at least undeserved over here, but it didn't stop them to scream like little girls at a Beatles concert when Brazil scored.

Funeral when Croatia took the lead of course :D

this really is offensive. Brazil should be down to 10 men, now they get the most ridiculous penalty I've ever seen. white doves of CORRUPTION?

The other teams might as well go home now if that's the standard of decisions Brazil are going to get.

I'm fairly sure there will be a lot more diving from other teams and dodgy pens/ free kicks being given. Not just in favour of Brazil.

:D

See worse penalties being given every season, never mind that being 'the most ridiculous penalty I've ever seen'.

Would really like to think that dodgy decisions wouldn't play a part in this WC, such a shame.

'Highly debateable'?!? Are you kidding me?

Referee should just be sent home now, no excuses for that poor of a decision.

Was very soft but yet again why is Lovren holding Fred? No need. And keeper.... hit the ball onto one hand to another then went in.

holding him :D seriously?

Well, I've just seen the most blatant match fixing in World Cup history. Almost no point in watching the rest now.

Lovren held Fred a bit. Fred benefited and fell. I can understand that any referee will give a penalty for that.

Flikkertochopman/feck off, that was a massive dive. No holding involved, maybe a touch. A TOUCH.

Croatia to go down to 10 when somebody loses it and gives neymar a punt

holding him :D seriously?

It was very soft but he had his hands on him. But no doubt had that been Croatia the ref would not have done that.

thankfully they had the sense to say it was a dive or at least undeserved over here, but it didn't stop them to scream like little girls at a Beatles concert when Brazil scored.

Funeral when Croatia took the lead of course :D

You're so lucky, unfortunately I'm in the UK currently and have to put up with ITV and Townsend :(

Lovren held Fred a bit. Fred benefited and fell. I can understand that any referee will give a penalty for that.

Yeah when he is reading a newspaper at the time and thinking who he fancies in the next race at Ascot.

Come on Croatia, get Neymar (or anyone else) sent off and the world will be back in balance

That penalty, not denying it could have been given, but it's very light. It's that kind of given where being the host-country plays a huge factor.

Most definitely no penalty there, but I think everyone knew something like that would happen sooner or later... The referee seems really enthusiastic once he needs to make a decision and really looks like he's rushing into the decisions.

this really is offensive. Brazil should be down to 10 men, now they get the most ridiculous penalty I've ever seen. white doves of CORRUPTION?
:D ffsBrazil shouldn't be down to 10 men and the ref made a poor decision in favour of the home team in a high pressure game, it happens.

Sorry, but was that not a foul from Luiz?

The president!

She is a clown, says ignorant things all the time too.

Croatia to go down to 10 when somebody loses it and gives neymar a punt

Srna wouldn't have anything less

That penalty, not denying it could have been given, but it's very light. It's that kind of given where being the host-country plays a huge factor.

Considering Neymar COULD have been sent off in the first half too... although I'd agree with a yellow.

Flikkertochopman/feck off, that was a massive dive. No holding involved, maybe a touch. A TOUCH.
Yeah when he is reading a newspaper at the time and thinking who he fancies in the next race at Ascot.

A touch that would be enough for any referee to give that. That is a holding-back movement. Any referee would give that. (Except maybe Rizzoli.)

Best possible change FIFA could introduce is retrospective bans for diving, say 3 game minimum.

Thank God (atleast Fred seems to think that) FIFA appointed a referee that would buckle under the pressure of officiating Brazil's opening game...

Should've given Neymar the red, giving Brazil a free-kick every time a Croat look at them, and ignoring almost every Brazilian foul(what is it now, 15-3 to Croatia re fouls?), and that "penalty" to top it all...

Corrupt until proven innocent :D

Well, I've just seen the most blatant match fixing in World Cup history. Almost no point in watching the rest now.

:lol:

The state of this.

Sorry, but was that not a foul from Luiz?

More of a foul then Lovrens :D.

Should have been a Brazilian throw that, complete bias to the away team.

Best possible change FIFA could introduce is retrospective bans for diving, say 3 game minimum.

For example, in the NBA there's player fines for flopping.

A touch that would be enough for any referee to give that. That is a holding-back movement. Any referee would give that. (Except maybe Rizzoli.)

Dude you're drunk, go lie down.