Match 1 - Group A - Brazil VS Croatia 21:00 BST including the opening ceremony

Baptista_8

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What planet are the commentators on? Clearly a dive.

Disgraceful decision.

thankfully they had the sense to say it was a dive or at least undeserved over here, but it didn't stop them to scream like little girls at a Beatles concert when Brazil scored.

Funeral when Croatia took the lead of course :D

The other teams might as well go home now if that's the standard of decisions Brazil are going to get.

I'm fairly sure there will be a lot more diving from other teams and dodgy pens/ free kicks being given. Not just in favour of Brazil.

:D

See worse penalties being given every season, never mind that being 'the most ridiculous penalty I've ever seen'.

Lovren held Fred a bit. Fred benefited and fell. I can understand that any referee will give a penalty for that.

Flikkertochopman/feck off, that was a massive dive. No holding involved, maybe a touch. A TOUCH.

thankfully they had the sense to say it was a dive or at least undeserved over here, but it didn't stop them to scream like little girls at a Beatles concert when Brazil scored.

Funeral when Croatia took the lead of course :D

You're so lucky, unfortunately I'm in the UK currently and have to put up with ITV and Townsend :(

this really is offensive. Brazil should be down to 10 men, now they get the most ridiculous penalty I've ever seen. white doves of CORRUPTION?
:D ffsBrazil shouldn't be down to 10 men and the ref made a poor decision in favour of the home team in a high pressure game, it happens.

• SI Staff
That penalty, not denying it could have been given, but it's very light. It's that kind of given where being the host-country plays a huge factor.

Considering Neymar COULD have been sent off in the first half too... although I'd agree with a yellow.

Flikkertochopman/feck off, that was a massive dive. No holding involved, maybe a touch. A TOUCH.
Yeah when he is reading a newspaper at the time and thinking who he fancies in the next race at Ascot.

A touch that would be enough for any referee to give that. That is a holding-back movement. Any referee would give that. (Except maybe Rizzoli.)

Thank God (atleast Fred seems to think that) FIFA appointed a referee that would buckle under the pressure of officiating Brazil's opening game...

Should've given Neymar the red, giving Brazil a free-kick every time a Croat look at them, and ignoring almost every Brazilian foul(what is it now, 15-3 to Croatia re fouls?), and that "penalty" to top it all...

Corrupt until proven innocent :D

Archived