Match 1 - Group A - Brazil VS Croatia 21:00 BST including the opening ceremony

Baptista_8

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to SBS Australia this is what to expect from the opening ceremony.

The opening ceremony of the 2014 FIFA World Cup will feature musical performances, acrobatic gymnasts, trampolinists, capoeira performers and stilt walkers in a spectacular show which will pay homage to the host country, Brazil.

Pitbull, Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte and Brazilian band Olodum will perform the official anthem of the World Cup to close the ceremony.

SBS's live coverage of the opening ceremony will be hosted by David Zdrilic, with commentary from Martin Tyler.

According to SBS Australia this is what to expect from the opening ceremony.

Jennifer Lopez will also appear to sing the song, seemingly she pulled out earlier this week but it seems she will be there now.

Still giving it a miss.

No Anitta either. Not that I like her but better Anitta than Jennifer López.

The only somewhat credible World Cup song. Made in Engerland, naturally. Unlikely to feature prominently anywhere though, though the mere thought of it getting chorused by thousands at the opening ceremony is priceless. :D

The only somewhat credible World Cup song. Made in Engerland, naturally. Unlikely to feature prominently anywhere though, though the mere thought of it getting chorused by thousands at the opening ceremony is priceless. :D

the best world cup song (at least this cycle) is zinedine zidane

I've listened to it way too much today :o

Yep! Keep pinching myself that I'm here. Travelling around South America and seen some amazing things but been looking forward to the football more than anything. Party in Rio tonight:)

Very jealous, have a good one mate

Cheers. Hopefully Brazil play well, don't want the atmosphere to turn sour if they don't! Being here it's hard to tell if they've taken to it or not. There's a fair few banners and merchandise/tat about but it feels like it's mostly for the tourist's benefit. I'm sure they'll all be behind the team when it gets going.

It's also hard to maintain sympathy for the locals when you're on the receiving end of the blatant (and frankly, brutal) profiteering going on! Some of the prices, for accommodation in particular are eye-watering :D

Woke up like a kid on Christmas day this morning! Going to watch the game at the fan zone on Copacabana beach later.

Have a good one mate!

Pretty jealous I can tell you.

I woke up with a screaming baby and a whining kid, been busy all day trying to tire the kids and the wife out so they are all sleeping by the time the footy starts.

Not my best plan, the kids are still all hyper and I am flippen knackered!

:D

My little 'un has been counting the days down for about two weeks. This morning I dropped the bombshell that the game wouldnt start until after he was in bed and there was just two hours of talking first. "Oh. I don't think I'll ever want to watch that". Smart kid. He is also supporting France because "it rhymes with pants".

Archived