A World Cup Sign-Up: OTF World Cup

Whoopy D

So basically I'm running a Fm based sign-up over on OTF, there's already a fair few places filled up but we need five more to make up the numbers so places are limited. Someone suggested I try posting it over here to attract a few more people. Here's the opening post from OTF and here's a link to the other thread *click*. So if you're interested head on over there and sign up.

OTF World Cup 2014

Finally a game on OTF that actually matters, this one isn't just about getting one over on the rest of OTF. It's not just about winning so you can put it in your location. It's about winning the World Cup.

I'm going to run an OOTP Style sign-up using FM14 to play out the World Cup. I'll quickly explain how the game will work for anyone who hasn't heard of the format.

You guys sign up, I load up a game of FM and add you as the managers of the 32 teams in the World Cup. Each manager sends me their squad, starting 11 and tactics etc and I play out the games until we have a winner. It's basically the same as playing an Online game of FM but you don't need everyone online at the same time to play.

A few notes from me

• Please don't sign up if you're not going to participate beyond the initial stages ie picking your squad
  • Ideally be on OTF as often as possible because I don't want to be waiting ages on people to update their tactics/starting eleven etc
  • It would be ideal if you have FM14 so I can upload and then you can download the save game and you can pick your squad knowing who is injured etc but it's not a requirement as I'm sure if you don't have it some kind person who does will help you out
  • As far as tactics go, I'd prefer it if they're sent to me as a downloadable tactic so it saves time, I don't care if it's some super tactic from the Tactics forum, everybody has access to them so it's an even playing field. If you want to send me a massive word document detailing your tactics feel free but I'll most likely miss something.
  • If you're going to stick with the same tactic for every game, let me know so I don't have to worry about waiting for deadlines etc if you're not changing.
  • You can also give me a list of substitutions to make, again be as vague or as detailed as you like
  • Yes the draw for teams will be random, no first come first serve

The first deadline for squads/tactics for the first game will be Monday 16th (assuming this fills up quickly)

If there's any other questions then ask away.

So if you want a chance to be the inaugural OTF World Cup winner, sign-up below.

Participants:

1. JDownie

2. Bliss

3. Pukey

4. cms186

5. Carmi88

6. RFM

7. Cardio

8. gillsminnow

9. Cougar2010

10. MattieCoopz

11. IWWROCKS