Highest Transfer Fee Received

Tbh, Reccy, you said you offered him out. If you want to sell, set an asking price. Don't offer him out! You're telling other teams that you're looking to sell. People who tend to get these big offers are for players they don't want to sell (so they don't offer him out) but they, in some cases, set an asking price to either ward off the suitors or get them to make a "proper" bid that they can't refuse.

When i "Offered" him out, i meant they bid £45m negotiated £60m, £50m and then £46m. My mistake, could of chosen better context.

What year are you in? I sold someone for £50m in 2018, so it's not an especially prolonged period before the big bucks roll in.

Also depends on your level of success, as player values increase exponentially relative to your achievements.

AC Milan, Won the Series A 3 times in a row, 1 Champs league (3x in final). One of the (according to FM) most reputable clubs at the moment (only 2/3 above me).

Thing is, its £45m straight cash (or £7.5/7.75m with 39m over 36/48 months). has happened on 5 of my players so far (Youngsters to Peak)

It is what it is. Will carry on with it..

Cheers

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll say again that you're claiming there is a bug because of one sample - it's not really a decent amount of samples to be shouting "bug" from the hill-tops. :D

Dude, i hear what you say, but subjective views my friend. Smiley Face.

I've bigger offers than the £7.5m, of course. I recently received a bid of £24.5m for a rotation player worth £28.5m. Obviously I wasn't going to accept, so I negotiated to £40m up front. They kept coming back with similar 24-30m negotiations, but what stood out was the fact that all their offers worked out to the same amount of cash up front. That told me that either they only had 22-23m in the budget or they had 22-23m to spend on this player and save money for another. I can't check their finances or needs, so this was just an assumption.

I changed my approach. I asked for some of the money up front and the rest in installments over 12 months, totaling £40m. This was the January window, so half (I assume) of the installments would not be subtracted from this season's budget. They accepted my negotiation! I obviously didn't go through with it, since the highest I've actually received is still only £7.5m. The AI also has transfer budgets. Remember that.

Yeah because it's £1m more than mine.

(does transfers on the history tab take into account clauses? It has recorded me as £66m rather than the £71m?)

See post #44 :brock:

Note that was £12m up front and £60m in instalments, so it seems the full value including clauses is reflected immediately in my case.

I have a player worth £37m. New season starts and Juventus offer £34.5m. I negotiate to £60m.

They come back with £40.5m and £2m in installments. I negotiate to £60m.

They accept.

I don't remember the exact sum (I still have the save though), but I was managing in the Spanish 2nd Division B when 2nd Division Villarreal made a bid for my talented 16 year old winger. I negotiated the after promotion fee to £200M, and for some reason Villarreal accepted. The player moved, and soon I receid the £200M as Villarreal were promoted. I quit the save as I didn't really want that much money.

I have sold for £69m.

That was a good few years ago - now bids for any of my players will not go past the £74m mark.

Is there a rule in the game that an AI team will not offer more than £5m past the world record amount?

World_Transfers_zpsb9e644dd.png

Highest I've received was £55 million for Dzeko. But that was back in the day. Sold him to Juventus. A season later I sold them Lukaku. After that I prayed to God that I wouldn't run into them in the Champion's League :D

€30m from Man City for my young CB. I was at Rangers at the time and where the players values wouldn't go beyond €6m due to league rep.

And, €40m from PSG while at BVB. I've only been at Dortmund 18 months, so I can easily beat that figure in the future.

OK.

I have lots of offers coming in for some of my players and I am keen to off-load some of the non-(SMR) players.

I really want more than £50M plus add-ons though and I don't seem to be able to get it.

The biggest transfer fees paid in my game have been....

£33.5M Aug 2032 Man City to Napoli.

£36.5M Jul 2032 PSG to Sampdoria, (who have a tycoon now).

£37.5M Feb 2032 Real to Juve.

£35.5M Jul 2031 Inter to Barca.

£35.0M Jul 2031 AC Milan to San Marino. (I was drunk). :( He is a right-sided left winger and I hate hate hate wrong-footedness. :herman:

£33.5M Jul 2031 Atalanta to AC Milan.

£34.5M Jan 2031 San Marino to Shakhtar.

£48.5M Aug 2030 Werder Bremen to Sampdoria.

£34.5M Aug 2030 Bordeaux to Arsenal.

£31.0M Aug 2030 PSG to Napoli.

£38.5M Jul 2030 Real Madrid to PSG.

Going back further and just looking at deals of more than £40M...

£44.0M Jul 2029 Juve to FC Bayern.

£40.0M Jan 2029 Porto to Napoli.

£44.0M Jan 2028 Barca to Juve.

£45.0M Jun 2025 Barca to Man City.

Now I recently got offered £46.5M cash up front for a 22yo Croatian left-back, (which is great), but I want £50M, (or at the very least a World record fee of £48.6M). They just won't budge though.

It's Sampdoria doing the buying obviously, (more money than sense), and of course the player isn't worth that, (despite being brilliant).

Bloomin hell!!! I have just looked and he is actually valued at £41.5M. When on Earth did that happen? :confused:

What are your experiences in selling top end players like this? I never really do it so don't really know how it works. Is it very hard to get them to break the existing record? or do they not pay attention to that at all?

I set an asking price. Usually I set it a little higher than I'd accept an offer for. For my record £72m sale, I set an asking price of £80m. The offers I received were obviously not all cash up front, but it didn't matter to me. I was able to get almost £30m (with the rest coming in the next 12 months) and I bought a replacement for £27m. I don't imagine many teams would have £50m+ in their budgets to pay up front and the ones that do, might be happy with their current left backs.

Ok. Might give that a go.

PSG are interested in him now and have just bid £41.5M cash up-front plus a friendly and 20% of re-sale. I will up hos valuation and see if I can drag it up between now and the end of the season and then look to sell him then I think.

This player was only valued at £26m and I had an offer for £72m. I have no idea how much I'd hold out for with a £41.5m rated player!

I never offer them out. I'm not that desperate to sell. I wait until they really want him enough to make a good offer. Until then, I'd negotiate to my asking price and if they don't want to pay, I reject with the "offer isn't good enough" reason.

I'm in a bit of a strange position though. While the 22yo Croatian is by far my best left-back, I have 2 reasonable left backs who are Sammarinese. For the purpose of this save I want to play the 2 poorer players so this really good left back needs to go just so that the two (SMR) guys can play more. If I only had 1 then it would be ok, but 3 left-backs, (and a left-back tutor), is 1 too many left-backs. I need the tutor and I don't want to let the Sammarinese guys go so this bloke has to go despite being effectively my 2nd best player. :(

[Edit]

Also, time is just starting to run out a little bit. It's Jan 2033 now and his contract expires in Jun 2034. He's only on £15k a week, (mentally low for a player like that), and I don't want to pay a proper contract for him.

Also, time is just starting to run out a little bit. It's Jan 2023 now and his contract expires in Jun 2034. He's only on £15k a week, (mentally low for a player like that), and I don't want to pay a proper contract for him.

You're fine. He has 11 years left on his contract! :D

Well, June 2033 will be crucial then. Budgets for the season will be set, so set your asking price of £50m and see what happens. You'll obviously need to be more desperate in late August if you're not getting offers, but that won't happen because he's obviously really good, £50m for a £41m rated player is good value and his wages (so likely demands too) are incredibly low.

On a network save I play my mates striker is constantly having £69m bids from Man City and PSG. He is worth about 30m, he isn't even that amazing to be honest, top but not in the Worlds top 3 etc.

I've sound about 10 or so players for 30m+ on that save alone, and turned down a few bids close to 50m.

99mAU for my top striker whom had a release clause of 99mAU. I was shocked as thats why i put it that high to keep people away. That was until PSG came calling.

£54m isn't a very high clause for a star striker, tbh. All up front though?

€30m from Man City for my young CB. I was at Rangers at the time and where the players values wouldn't go beyond €6m due to league rep.

And, €40m from PSG while at BVB. I've only been at Dortmund 18 months, so I can easily beat that figure in the future.

BVB record now at €50m for a CAM to Chelsea. I have a few players valued over €50m, but I really don't want to sell them. I want to try and get €80m though.

Archived