Sports Interactive Community
Thomasmc135

Is there a limit to how many times you can take the same role?

I've recently been hired as the Scunthorpe manager for the third time in three seasons, and I was wondering whether there was a limit. If not, how many times have you taken the same role?

SU33mvD.jpg

I don't see why there'd be an actual numeric limit. I've seen a few AI managers rejoin clubs a couple more times.

I always thought once you left a club you became a disliked person to that club so they would never hire you again? Or does that only happen in specific cirumstances (or maybe old versions of the game)?

On FM13 Jose Mourinho had a love for Man Utd it seemed on one of my saves. He went back there 4 times, each spell worse than the last :lol:

I always thought once you left a club you became a disliked person to that club so they would never hire you again? Or does that only happen in specific cirumstances (or maybe old versions of the game)?

I think it largely depends on how you leave. If, for example, you left Man City for United, you'd never get to go back there. If you left to take the England job, they'll probably welcome you back with open arms. If you get fired, you'll have to get uber-successful somewhere else to go back. If you leave to take a job you've been offered, it's a crapshoot. I imagine if you just uit on them, it depends how successful you were in your previous spell.

I think it largely depends on how you leave. If, for example, you left Man City for United, you'd never get to go back there. If you left to take the England job, they'll probably welcome you back with open arms. If you get fired, you'll have to get uber-successful somewhere else to go back. If you leave to take a job you've been offered, it's a crapshoot. I imagine if you just uit on them, it depends how successful you were in your previous spell.

They actually dismissed my interest before hiring me a second time. I thought that I had missed my chance, so I attended a Scunthorpe match and that garnered some media attention. As a result, they offered me an interview.

I was rehired 4 times by FC Zwolle on FM12, I was a club legend after my first two spells there which may explain why they were so eager to keep having me back even after I kept ditching them to get better jobs all around Europe.