Sports Interactive Community
Fenech

Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

Is it possible for you to build the German national team fix into the DB?

Just about to head into the World Cup and realised none of the German greats will be there.

Finished second with Napoli in my first season. Some tactical blunders and lack of squad depth held me back.

I've already lined up George Having and Philip Lahm for next year to address to of my weaker areas on the pitch.

Is it possible for you to build the German national team fix into the DB?

Just about to head into the World Cup and realised none of the German greats will be there.

Finished second with Napoli in my first season. Some tactical blunders and lack of squad depth held me back.

I've already lined up George Having and Philip Lahm for next year to address to of my weaker areas on the pitch.

I thought the german team was fixed?

If it isn't then how do I apply the fix, I will do it.

2nd with Napoli is a great achievement considering that is much better than their predicted finish.

Hagi and Lahm will be great buys for you! Good Luck next season! I am sure you can go one better and win the league! :thup:

Update:

Andreas Kupfer will be available on a Free Transfer at 19 when the game begins.

German national team works fine for me.

Great DB having tons of fun with my Barca team, had to bring in Neeskens from Ajax (he was at Barca IRL) to shore up midfield as its a tad top heavy!! But a team with Messi, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho in it....... WOOF!

I thought the german team was fixed?

If it isn't then how do I apply the fix, I will do it.

2nd with Napoli is a great achievement considering that is much better than their predicted finish.

Hagi and Lahm will be great buys for you! Good Luck next season! I am sure you can go one better and win the league! :thup:

Not fixed in mine anyway. I'm sure how exactly to fix it, think you might need to edit some file.

Didn't get Hago after all - went for a bit of a squad clear out and brought in Johnny Giles, Puyol (who for some reason could be had for £8.5m), Koeman (who looks a better midfielder than defender), Ronaldinho (who wasn't getting any games at Barcelona) and some Brazilian kid called Pele for £93m plus add ons.

It has left my squad a but short on numbers - but when you are paying 10 players 100k a week it doesnt leave much room left in the wage budget.

I did snap up a lot of young free transfer players at the start of the game, so farming them out is generating a lot of money in loan payments.

One question - Has the valuation ratings been changed? I got Arturo Vidal on a free at the start of the game, but after a good first season he was only worth 9m. Managed to sell him for 12 as I needed his 100k wages off the books to make room for Koeman but really should have gotten more for him

Finally got to the end of my 1st season, which was very succesful and saw my Norwich side crowned champions of the Championship with an impressive 111 points, 6 clear of 2nd place Stoke City with West Brom winning the play offs. Out of my new signings, Graham Rix gained a regular place on my left wing playing 39 games, scoring 9 goals and providing 11 assists. Steven Caulker, Grzegorz Lato, Paul Merson and Steve McManaman have all made their debuts, but still regulars for my development squad.

I am in the 2nd week of June, and have agreed a loan deal with Spurs for Bobby Smith to join for the season (EDIT, bugger deal fell through), whilst left back Tony Dunne has joined from Shelbourne for £1.4million. The one thing I have never done in all my CM/FM playing days is sign someone from Ipswich, but with them being relegated to League 1 :D I have signed Terry Butcher for a measly £800,000, a decision that infuriated our friends from down the A140 (and will probably infuriate real life Terry as he has a big dislike for us), but he is one of the few Ipswich players I have respect for, so jumped at the chance of making him a City legend as opposed to a Town one.

Back to the 1st season, and this is how is played out:

Prem Champions: Man Utd

Runners Up: Liverpool

Champions League Spots: Arsenal, Southampton

Relegated:

West Ham, Leeds Utd, Spurs

FA Cup Final:

Man Utd 0-2 Nottm Forest (Cloughie finally has won it)

League Cup Final:

Man City 0-0 Liverpool (City win on penalties)

Champions League Final:

Real Madrid 2-1 Bayern Munich

Europa League Final:

AC Milan 3-1 Spurs

World Cup Final:

Argentina 1-1 Portugal (Argentina win on penalties)

*UPDATE* Now a week before the season, noticeable that the 3 relegated sides have lost a lot of players for big money.

My current transfer dealings:

In:

Tom Cleverley - (Free)

Lucas Moura - (season loan)

Terry Butcher - £800,000

Terry Dunne - £1.4 million

Clive Goodyear - £2.6 million

Gylfi Sigurdsson - £5.75 million

Derek Duggan - £12.5 million (new club record)

Ferec Bene - £6.5 million

Alex McLeish - £6 million

Out:

Fabien Johnson - £7 million

Steve McManaman - Season Loan.

Noteable World Transfers:

Mike England - Spurs to Lazio - £38.5 million

Gary McCallister - Leeds to Valencia £38 million

Billy Bremner - Leeds to PSV - £35.5 million

Jonny Giles - Leeds to Bayern Munich - £33 million

Leeds have lost 7 players totalling £197 million and brought in 5 (4 loans and 1 deal for £500K)

West Ham have lost 6 players for £122 million, and only brought in Trevor Steven on loan

Spurs have lost 12 players totalling £316 million, and brought in 6 for £54 million

Will be interesing to see how the 3 relegated sides get on with such massive changes.

Not fixed in mine anyway. I'm sure how exactly to fix it, think you might need to edit some file.

Didn't get Hago after all - went for a bit of a squad clear out and brought in Johnny Giles, Puyol (who for some reason could be had for £8.5m), Koeman (who looks a better midfielder than defender), Ronaldinho (who wasn't getting any games at Barcelona) and some Brazilian kid called Pele for £93m plus add ons.

It has left my squad a but short on numbers - but when you are paying 10 players 100k a week it doesnt leave much room left in the wage budget.

I did snap up a lot of young free transfer players at the start of the game, so farming them out is generating a lot of money in loan payments.

One question - Has the valuation ratings been changed? I got Arturo Vidal on a free at the start of the game, but after a good first season he was only worth 9m. Managed to sell him for 12 as I needed his 100k wages off the books to make room for Koeman but really should have gotten more for him

I have changed the valuations slightly as I wanted to make players generally more affordable, relegation comes at a cost, and that means having to sell players, I think the emphasis needs to be on the positive though, they chose to sell the players, probably because they wanted to leave and it is never good to try to keep a player who wants to go, the positive is there are plenty of clubs wanting to buy players and buying the players.

Finally got to the end of my 1st season, which was very succesful and saw my Norwich side crowned champions of the Championship with an impressive 111 points, 6 clear of 2nd place Stoke City with West Brom winning the play offs. Out of my new signings, Graham Rix gained a regular place on my left wing playing 39 games, scoring 9 goals and providing 11 assists. Steven Caulker, Grzegorz Lato, Paul Merson and Steve McManaman have all made their debuts, but still regulars for my development squad.

I am in the 2nd week of June, and have agreed a loan deal with Spurs for Bobby Smith to join for the season (EDIT, bugger deal fell through), whilst left back Tony Dunne has joined from Shelbourne for £1.4million. The one thing I have never done in all my CM/FM playing days is sign someone from Ipswich, but with them being relegated to League 1 :D I have signed Terry Butcher for a measly £800,000, a decision that infuriated our friends from down the A140 (and will probably infuriate real life Terry as he has a big dislike for us), but he is one of the few Ipswich players I have respect for, so jumped at the chance of making him a City legend as opposed to a Town one.

Back to the 1st season, and this is how is played out:

Prem Champions: Man Utd

Runners Up: Liverpool

Champions League Spots: Arsenal, Southampton

Relegated:

West Ham, Leeds Utd, Spurs

FA Cup Final:

Man Utd 0-2 Nottm Forest (Cloughie finally has won it)

League Cup Final:

Man City 0-0 Liverpool (City win on penalties)

Champions League Final:

Real Madrid 2-1 Bayern Munich

Europa League Final:

AC Milan 3-1 Spurs

World Cup Final:

Argentina 1-1 Portugal (Argentina win on penalties)

*UPDATE* Now a week before the season, noticeable that the 3 relegated sides have lost a lot of players for big money.

My current transfer dealings:

In:

Tom Cleverley - (Free)

Lucas Moura - (season loan)

Terry Butcher - £800,000

Terry Dunne - £1.4 million

Clive Goodyear - £2.6 million

Gylfi Sigurdsson - £5.75 million

Derek Duggan - £12.5 million (new club record)

Ferec Bene - £6.5 million

Alex McLeish - £6 million

Out:

Fabien Johnson - £7 million

Steve McManaman - Season Loan.

Noteable World Transfers:

Mike England - Spurs to Lazio - £38.5 million

Gary McCallister - Leeds to Valencia £38 million

Billy Bremner - Leeds to PSV - £35.5 million

Jonny Giles - Leeds to Bayern Munich - £33 million

Leeds have lost 7 players totalling £197 million and brought in 5 (4 loans and 1 deal for £500K)

West Ham have lost 6 players for £122 million, and only brought in Trevor Steven on loan

Spurs have lost 12 players totalling £316 million, and brought in 6 for £54 million

Will be interesing to see how the 3 relegated sides get on with such massive changes.

Hello IMT,

Thanks for this amazing update and congratulations on leading the canaries to glory! It would be interesting to see what they do with all the money they gained!

I am sure Clough is over the moon at finally winning the FA CUP! :)

Hi Ernest,

The update is still in progress and will not be released for another few weeks at least.

In the meantime, I appreciate your patience with this.

:thup:

I added Ted Ditchburn and Glenn Hoddle in a £1.6million double swoop from Spurs before the end of the window too.

Playing as a newly promoted side in this update is harder than any version I have played before, every week you are up against world class teams. I lost the first 5 games scoring 1 and conceding 13 before finally just beating Wimbledon 2-0. If I keep Norwich up, I think it will be one of my greatest achievements on the game.

Hi Ernest,

The update is still in progress and will not be released for another few weeks at least.

In the meantime, I appreciate your patience with this.

:thup:

Thanks for the heads up mate :thup:

Hey Fenech.

Thanks for the hard work on this. Unfortunately I'm having trouble downloading it myself. Downloaded the file from the link, however it refuses to open/unzip.

Any advice?

Hey Fenech.

Thanks for the hard work on this. Unfortunately I'm having trouble downloading it myself. Downloaded the file from the link, however it refuses to open/unzip.

Any advice?

Ah no worries, think I've solved it myself!

Fenech - Must say I'm enojoying the DB greatly playing as my beloved Leeds, given FM14 a new lease of life. Fair play for the amount of work you must have put in my friend, enviable dedication.

A couple of questons for you, the first as a very biased Leeds fan: I can't find Gary Kelly in the DB (so assuming he's not there), considering I'd put him among my personal Leeds legends I wonder if he should be included. Perhaps Mark Viduka also.

Secondly I notice you've edited a fair amount of nations' regen figure to 200. I think changing this figure is smart, ensuring the regens that come through aren't awful in comparison to the legends. But if this works how I believe it does (200 is the average PA of all newly generated players from that nation), does that not mean we'll get nothing but unbelievable regens (even better than most the legends)? Potentially even exclusively 200 PA regens?

Cheers, Seb

Hi fenech.long time no see. its good ur database released now. Im kind of busy in school now. didnt try it yet

anyway, how about staff and chairman ?, I mean, non player role,like physio,coach etc,they are legend too? and the chairman?

Fenech - Must say I'm enojoying the DB greatly playing as my beloved Leeds, given FM14 a new lease of life. Fair play for the amount of work you must have put in my friend, enviable dedication.

A couple of questons for you, the first as a very biased Leeds fan: I can't find Gary Kelly in the DB (so assuming he's not there), considering I'd put him among my personal Leeds legends I wonder if he should be included. Perhaps Mark Viduka also.

Secondly I notice you've edited a fair amount of nations' regen figure to 200. I think changing this figure is smart, ensuring the regens that come through aren't awful in comparison to the legends. But if this works how I believe it does (200 is the average PA of all newly generated players from that nation), does that not mean we'll get nothing but unbelievable regens (even better than most the legends)? Potentially even exclusively 200 PA regens?

Cheers, Seb

Hi Seb,

The thing is that you can only remember leeds players from your lifetime and I don't know how old you are. But anywhere I doubt that Gary Kelly and Mark Viduka are in the top 25 Leeds players since 1880, but I will do some research and get back to you.

I believe that you will get more players and legends for the future, not every player, just an average amount of players and this is the ultimate legends game so it needs to produce legends in order to give credence to the game.

I will be releasing a new updated version for FM2015 if compatible. If not, I will release an update for 2014 in due course. Thanks for your patience.

I am sure gary Kelly and mark are in the game, but if not, they will be in the upcoming update. Cheers.

Hi fenech.long time no see. its good ur database released now. Im kind of busy in school now. didnt try it yet

anyway, how about staff and chairman ?, I mean, non player role,like physio,coach etc,they are legend too? and the chairman?

Hi,

I hope you enjoy it, Chairman are there, and managers. Staff is no at the moment.

Hi Seb,

The thing is that you can only remember leeds players from your lifetime and I don't know how old you are. But anywhere I doubt that Gary Kelly and Mark Viduka are in the top 25 Leeds players since 1880, but I will do some research and get back to you.

I believe that you will get more players and legends for the future, not every player, just an average amount of players and this is the ultimate legends game so it needs to produce legends in order to give credence to the game.

I will be releasing a new updated version for FM2015 if compatible. If not, I will release an update for 2014 in due course. Thanks for your patience.

I am sure gary Kelly and mark are in the game, but if not, they will be in the upcoming update. Cheers.

Cheers for getting back to me Fenech. Fair enough there. Viduka I'd happily agree would be much further down the pecking order. But I reckon Gary Kelly may well squeeze in - he is one of our leading appearance makers and although different positions I'd say he is more deserving than Ian Harte on that scale (Not that I particularly want him to go, love that guy's left foot, but it's a shame there's no Jack Milburn. Perhaps he could be a youngster?)

I'm surprised Robbie Keane and Erik Bakke are there. Allan Clarke would probably be more deserving than Keane (who could perhaps be at Wolves?), even Tony Yeboah despite his relatively shorter spell with us (that goal). And over Bakke maybe Lee Bowyer, Gordon Strachan or David Batty (However I understand he may be elsewhere for age reasons).

Best of luck with work on the update.

- Edit: After a little research on the regen issue I mentioned I was wrong in thinking they would be too good. It seems you pitched it fairly, with a fair number of clubs producing one 180+ PA regen each season. As long as a few produce more every now and then, and a reasonable number of 190/195+ guys come through this is probably adequate to continue populating the world with the correct level of player for your database.

That all being said, with 1400+ legends/stars (of all ages) and more to come, regens are a minor consideration. I'd rather have Zidane!

PS. Not sure if it's a choice you made or the game's doing, but I wouldn't say Alan Smith was deserving of 20 finishing, he rarely scored double figures in a Premier League season, averaging probably 1 in 3 or 4. Additionally, I may well stand to be corrected on this one, but was Gary Speed not predominantly left-footed rather than right?

Hope that helps in making what is already a fantastically detailed DB that little bit more so. :)

Have to say Fenech that it's a great database. Not sure whether you got my PM but from the thread that I uploaded on the Forest Forum. Here is what people have suggested.

Here is some of the suggestions from one of the Forest Forums.

Is it when players joined the club? Some it appears it is. Others it appears it's not?

Chairman: Fred Reacher - We won a lot under his chairmanship.

In terms of players. Most people seem to be suggesting the squad should be;

*The number of asterisks show how many votes from the Forest Forum if my maths is right.

Goalkeepers

Peter Shilton

Harry Linacre - Needs to have Frank Forman as his uncle/relation.

Possible Replacements for Linacre

Hans Van Breukelen***

Steve Sutton** - If he doesn't get in as #2 then again possibly as a youth player.

Chris Woods** - If youth players are going to be included.

Mark Crossley** - Again came through youth system.

Peter Grummitt***

Jim Barron*

Right Backs

Viv Anderson

Frank Forman - Needs to have Harry Linacre as nephew/relation. Due to the timeframe that he played for Forest and that you have Harry as 19 in game. I'd make Frank 5 years older to show him in the prime of his career.

Possible Replacements for Right Back

Brian Laws***

Gary Charles*

Peter Hindley*

Des Lyttle*

Liam O'Kane*

Left Backs

Stuart Pearce - Needs his penalties and free kicks improving dramatically.

Frank Clark

Possible Left Back Replacements

Nicky Shorey*

Frank Gray**

John Winfield* - Youth System

Colin Barrett**

Chris Cohen*

Alan Rogers*

Centre Halves

Des Walker

Larry Lloyd

Bob McKinlay

Kenny Burns

John Metgod - Someone reckons that as Metgod played as a central midfielder for us that he should have MC, SW & DC in that order.

Possible Centre Halves Replacements

Colin Cooper****

Michael Dawson** - Possibly in the future add him back to the youth team.

Terry Hennessey***

Sammy Chapman** - Youth System

Liam O'Kane* - Youth System. Had a 36 year association with the club according to Wikipedia.

Chris Fairclough* - Youth System

Steve Chettle* - Youth System

Wes Morgan* - Youth System

Luke Chambers*

Central Midfielders

John McGovern

Jack Burkitt

Archie Gemmill - Needs to have Scottish Nationality instead of English.

Steve Hodge

Possible Replacement Central Midfielders

John Metgod***

Roy Keane******* - Aware at United and was originally at Forest.

Neil Webb*****

Lars Bohinen***

Henry Newton*** - Youth System. Could also play left back.

John Barnwell** - Could play as a striker as well. But mainly as a defensive midfielder.

Jeff Whitefoot*

Jim Baxter*

Garry Parker**

Scot Gemmill* - Youth Team

Chris Bart-Williams*

Andy Reid* - Youth Team

Jermaine Jenas* - Youth Team

David Phillips*

Lewis McGugan* - Youth Team

Brian Rice*

Right Wingers

Martin O'Neill

Ian Bowyer - Someone has advised that possibly Bowyer could have MC as first position with DL/DR/DC as equal second choices. I know values are based on many things but possibly Collymore's and Bowyer's could rise slightly. Someone has also advised he could play the box to box role well and finish chances as well. About four or five people have advised that Bowyer played more as a central midfielder.

Possible Replacement Right Wingers

Steve Stone**** - Youth Team

Franz Carr*

Barry Lyons*

Gary Crosby*

Left Wingers

John Robertson

Grenville Morris

Possible Replacement Left Wingers

Ian Storey-Moore***

Bryan Roy*

Alan Hinton*

Barry Lyons*

Gary Crosby*

Ian Woan**

Fred Forman*

Forwards

Trevor Francis - Someone has advised that they thinkFrancis should be ace on pace, dribbling and goalscoring. They also believe Francis should be a little better based on Teddy's value compared to Francis'.

Tony Woodcock

Stan Collymore

Nigel Clough

Peter Withe

Teddy Sheringham -Someone has argued that he only had one season at the club and does he deserve to be included ahead of others who were better more liked. Especially as Teddy was better at Spurs.

Possible Replacement Forwards

Ian Storey-Moore****

Bryan Roy**

Joe Baker****

Garry Birtles********

Duncan McKenzie*** - Youth Team

Wally Ardron**

Pierre Van Hooijdonk***

Frank Wignall*

John O'Hare*

Peter Davenport*

Nigel Jemson*

Kevin Campbell*

Enoch West*

Jonny Dent*

In other news here is some Forest players and stats over the years from one of the posters.

Tom McInnes [1892-1899] - 185 app : 55 goals

Grenville Morris [1898-1912] - 460 app : 217 goals

John Calvey [1899-1903] - 150 app : 57 goals

Will Shearman [1903-1908] - 120 app : 45 goals

Enoch West [1905-1909] - 183 app : 100 goals

Jack Spaven [1919-1925] - 170 app : 50 goals

Johnny Dent [1929-1936] - 206 app : 122 goals

Wally Ardon [1949-1955] - 191 app : 124 goals

Tommy Wilson [1951-1960] - 217 app : 89 goals

James Barrett [1954-1958] - 117 app : 69 goals

Colin Booth [1959-1961] - 98 app : 41 goals

Geoff Vowden [1959-1964] - 105 app : 44 goals

Colin Addison [1960-1966] - 176 app : 69 goals

Think a lot of credit starts coming from about Ian Storey-Moore, Joe Baker & Frank Wignall. Then Duncan McKenzie, Tony Woodcock, John O'Hare, Peter Withe , Garry Birtles, Trevor Francis, Peter Davenport, Nigel Clough, Nigel Jemson, Teddy Sheringham, Stan Collymore, Bryan Roy, Kevin Campbell, Pierre van Hooijdonk, Marlon Harewood, David Johnson & Robbie Earnshaw.

I think if you look back at my stats above, Ardon never did it when we were in the first division but Morris, West, Wilson did. Even players like Booth, Vowden and Addison were part of successful teams and were successful themselves.

From someone else 25 man squad. Narrowly missed out: Barnwell, Chapman, Cormack, S. Gemmill, Newton, O'Neill, Sheringham, Van Hooijdonk, Webb, Wignall

Another forum users 1959 Squad. 59 FA Cup winning team - Chic Thomson (gk) Billy Whare (fb) Joe McDonald (fb) Bob McKinlay (cb), Jack Burkitt (LWH), Jeff Whitefoot (RWH), Stewart Imlach (WL), Roy Dwight (inside LF), Tommy Wilson (CF), Johnny Quigley (inside RF), Billy Gray (WR)

Here is the thread if you want to have a read over it yourself.

2nd Season Update:

Playing as a newly promoted side in this update is as hard a challenge as I have played. In the 1st half of the season I struggled massively and went into the new year 3rd bottom with 12 points, only Stoke and West Brom, who were promoted with me were below. In the Championship the relegated sides, Spurs, West Ham and Leeds were blitzing the division between them.

In the January window I brought in Ronnie Whelan on loan, and this one signing galvanised my season. He made his debut in a season changing 1-0 win at Old Trafford, scoring the winning goal, from there I went 8 unbeaten. I ended the season a respectable 16th with 43 points. Next season will be even harder with a transfer budget of just £4.5million, but am hoping Merson, McManaman and Lato will be ready for the 1st team, whilst I signed Ross Barkley for the U21s side in January. Hoping to get Whelan back on loan too.

2014/15 Honours:

Prem Winners: Chelsea

Runners Up: Sunderland

3rd and 4th: Everton, Arsenal

Relegated: Wimbledon, Stoke, West Brom (WBA scoring a record low of 7 points, and just 1 win, vs Stoke)

Championship:

Winners: Spurs

Runners Up: West Ham

Play Off Winners: Watford

FA Cup Final: Fulham 0-2 Man Utd

League Cup Final: Forest 1-0 Sheff Wed

Champions League Final:Barcelona 2-3 Real Madrid

Europa Final: Spartek Moscow 1-0 Udinese

Hi, really enjoying this is great to see the greats, but gotta say I found it difficult trying to choose which team to go though lol, I don't supose there would be any chance of adding Pierre Van Hoydonk or Jorge Caddete into the celtic team??

Thanks

C

I suspect you have another file loaded as well as Fenech's which is causing a conflict. On the brightside you can sell 1 of your Schmeichels, Charltons and Irwins and still actually have them :D

but they are little bit different. for example, dennis irwin. one play as d/wbl, another as drl, wbl. one left footed,another left footed

peter schemeicel are different attribute each other. one have 20 command of area,but just 15 point for stats below it, and another have just 18 command of area,then 2 stats below it is 16

Charlton, one is left winger,one is mc

so they are 2 ppl,same age,same nationality,and other information. but different attribute,and position for outfield player

and if I dont have 2 of them I would lack of fb for mu. my full back are

left back: dennis irwin (2 people) fabio, and roger

right back :Gary neville.

so my right back backup is just fabio and another dennis irwin

At first, I tought that the right footed irwin is philip neville with misstyping,but I have him already, as my coach, but still 23 years old !

but they are little bit different. for example, dennis irwin. one play as d/wbl, another as drl, wbl. one left footed,another left footed

peter schemeicel are different attribute each other. one have 20 command of area,but just 15 point for stats below it, and another have just 18 command of area,then 2 stats below it is 16

Charlton, one is left winger,one is mc

so they are 2 ppl,same age,same nationality,and other information. but different attribute,and position for outfield player

and if I dont have 2 of them I would lack of fb for mu. my full back are

left back: dennis irwin (2 people) fabio, and roger

right back :Gary neville.

so my right back backup is just fabio and another dennis irwin

At first, I tought that the right footed irwin is philip neville with misstyping,but I have him already, as my coach, but still 23 years old !

There is only one of every player so if you have two of a player than you must be doing something wrong.

Every team has a complete balance of playing positions. Make sure you only have one file in the data editor folder and did you purchase the game via steam?

Ive come across this before on one of the other forums, I think it was fm base and it is def something wrong at your end. This database has been made professionally so, I made sure there was only one of every person before I released it. Cheers.

Gotta say im having a great time with Barceolna on this DB. Any team with Messi, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho is worth gettin excited about.

One small thing though is that Samual Eto'o is listed as 4 foot 11 tall, maybe he had a gorwth spurt in his mid 20's!!! Wiki lists him as 5 foot 10, which looks about right

There is only one of every player so if you have two of a player than you must be doing something wrong.

Every team has a complete balance of playing positions. Make sure you only have one file in the data editor folder and did you purchase the game via steam?

Ive come across this before on one of the other forums, I think it was fm base and it is def something wrong at your end. This database has been made professionally so, I made sure there was only one of every person before I released it. Cheers.

I dont know what I did wrong. I have other file in data editor folder,but I just checked ur database when start the game

the one who bought the game is my brother,not me,Im using his computer. but since its original, the only way he could purchase is by using steam I tought

what is "def"?

How I could fix this?I try to remove all editor files except urs,and the result still same..

Gotta say im having a great time with Barceolna on this DB. Any team with Messi, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho is worth gettin excited about.

One small thing though is that Samual Eto'o is listed as 4 foot 11 tall, maybe he had a gorwth spurt in his mid 20's!!! Wiki lists him as 5 foot 10, which looks about right

Yes. Well Spotted. This was pointed out to me and I had to laugh! I will fix this in the next update. :):thup:

I dont know what I did wrong. I have other file in data editor folder,but I just checked ur database when start the game

the one who bought the game is my brother,not me,Im using his computer. but since its original, the only way he could purchase is by using steam I tought

what is "def"?

How I could fix this?I try to remove all editor files except urs,and the result still same..

I don't know mate. This isn't my area, someone on here should be able to direct you. Sorry bud but my total focus is on the update which is a mountain of work in itself. There is a reason though. :thup:

Def means: Definitely.

I confused with that tall. I used to use cm instead of 4 foot 11. I didnt understand what 4 and 11.. but okay..

about my Man utd, if I got my database right, do I really would get fabio instead of rafael?tought rafael much better than fabio.but if in the original database says rafael,or any better right back ,its okay then

for beckham,didnt his crossing and corner too low for him? Fm 2013 put higher crossing and corners for him. 16 corner and 19 crossing.but if its because he still 18, I understand then.

It is because of Age, let's be realistic, he has until 24 to improve, so he is not going to be completely where he should be until he reaches that age and that is IF he is getting games and training. It is totally unrealistic to have a legends database where all the players are at their peak at 18. or even 20 21. This is why this is the Ultimate Legends Database because it has been focussed on depth and realism.

Hi Fenech, excellent job - this is brilliant. Congratulations on something really awesome.

Just a shout regarding the Fulham squad. Surely Chris Coleman should be a centre back at Fulham, He was a 'better' player than Carlos Bacanegra and played more times for us than Bocanegra and Smalling. Smalling only played 13 times for us, but i understand his inclusion due to the big money move and becoming an England International.

Chris Coleman is one of the all time Fulham legends. Signed from premier league Blackburn - club captain for 5 years and for two promotions. Then when injury robbed him of a premier league return he went on to manage them for a further four years. Legend personified and top drawer player on the pitch!

Anyway, absolutely excellent project and cheers for making it available via steam workshop.

Hi Fenech, excellent job - this is brilliant. Congratulations on something really awesome.

Just a shout regarding the Fulham squad. Surely Chris Coleman should be a centre back at Fulham, He was a 'better' player than Carlos Bacanegra and played more times for us than Bocanegra and Smalling. Smalling only played 13 times for us, but i understand his inclusion due to the big money move and becoming an England International.

Chris Coleman is one of the all time Fulham legends. Signed from premier league Blackburn - club captain for 5 years and for two promotions. Then when injury robbed him of a premier league return he went on to manage them for a further four years. Legend personified and top drawer player on the pitch!

Anyway, absolutely excellent project and cheers for making it available via steam workshop.

Chris Coleman will be in the new update. Cheers

Excellent work really brought back memories with some of these players. Do Hibs, Hearts and Dundee United have teams ??

They don't have teams but they will have teams in 2015 version. Thank You.

Hey Fenech, i know you're working on the 2015 version now but will you still be releasing the updated 2014 version by any chance? Cheers mate.

Hey Fenech, i know you're working on the 2015 version now but will you still be releasing the updated 2014 version by any chance? Cheers mate.

At the moment my full concentration is on getting the FM15 version ready for release, once this has been done, I may well revisit the FM14 Update if there is enough demand to do so. :thup:

this is awesome. just finished my first year at arsenal (4th of course). won both cups and made the quarters in the champions league. sunderland won the league which was cool.

Transfers were Out(Ramsey, Seaman, Kidd and James with Cesc and wilshere on loan) In(Hagi, Petrone, Masopust, Valderrama, Chumpitaz, Mazurkeiwicz, Ancelotti, Dinamite, Panucci, Shaw, Neuer, Morlock Maspoli and Khedira. Rest all on frees Carragher, Saviola, Van der Vaart, Carrick, Fletcher, Mcmanaman, Olivella, Welbeck, Pogba, Albiston, Rossiter, Brennan, Lawrence, Dawson, Lee, Coutinho, Rix, Bazoer, Sturridge, Balotelli, Wright-Phillips, Denswill, Radford, Townsend, Merson, Ivanovic). Basically two whole squads.

Will play a few more seasons to see all of those guys mature, then start up a new game with a portuguese team. Thanks for all the work fenech.

this is awesome. just finished my first year at arsenal (4th of course). won both cups and made the quarters in the champions league. sunderland won the league which was cool.

Transfers were Out(Ramsey, Seaman, Kidd and James with Cesc and wilshere on loan) In(Hagi, Petrone, Masopust, Valderrama, Chumpitaz, Mazurkeiwicz, Ancelotti, Dinamite, Panucci, Shaw, Neuer, Morlock Maspoli and Khedira. Rest all on frees Carragher, Saviola, Van der Vaart, Carrick, Fletcher, Mcmanaman, Olivella, Welbeck, Pogba, Albiston, Rossiter, Brennan, Lawrence, Dawson, Lee, Coutinho, Rix, Bazoer, Sturridge, Balotelli, Wright-Phillips, Denswill, Radford, Townsend, Merson, Ivanovic). Basically two whole squads.

Will play a few more seasons to see all of those guys mature, then start up a new game with a portuguese team. Thanks for all the work fenech.

That's great. I look forward to hearing how you do in the coming seasons! :) You are welcome.

love the database Fenech was great to play with liverpool sunderland are great in it what a strike force the have looking for to the update do you think this can be brought on to fm15 really thanks again for all the hard work you put in

Enjoyed this greatly last year. How is work coming on the 2015 version?

In the meantime, is it possible to transfer the editor file over to 2015? Would very much like to give it a go on this year's version.

Cheers.

Only just seen this amazing thread - looks like an unbelievable effort on your part Fenech, not least your remarkable record of responding in depth to every comment, question or suggestion that's been made!

On that note, I have a small one of my own. It has been addressed before, but I firmly believe Danny Blanchflower should be at Spurs. I appreciate your criteria for deciding which club a player should be at, but you did list "Common sense" as the overriding factor in the decision. Yes, he didn't move to Spurs til he was 28, but he was there for 10 years, captained the most successful (double-winning) team we've ever had, captained the first English team to win a European trophy and is consistently voted amongst the top 5 Spurs players of all-time - indeed The Times ranked him as Spurs' greatest ever player in 2009. He played more than twice as many games for Spurs than he did for Villa, and had immensely more success with us. A Spurs legends side without Blanchflower makes absolutely no sense.

Still, it's your baby and therefore your choice, so keep up the good work and I can't wait for the FM2015 version!