Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

http://www.ranker.com/list/famous-soccer-players-from-france/reference got some different names on this....it has1001 French players.....dont now how many you may already have but heres one example..... Henri Bard was a professional French footballer. Bard, born in Lyon, started his career in Switzerland, when his parents lived there. His first club was Servette Genève. From 1911 he played as forward for Racing Club de France. Two years later he became a member of the French National team. In 1918 he became a member of Paris club Cercle Athlétique. With this team he won the French Cup in 1920, scoring both of his team's goals in the final against Le Havre AC. From 1922 to 1925 he played again for Racing Club. He won 18 caps for France and scored 6 goals from February 1913 to October 1923. World War I interrupted his international career for five years. He also played for the French team during the Olympic Games of 1920.:)

Excellent Link! It is very useful, of course I have most of these but Henri is on my radar now! :thup:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Fenech just noticed you have Willy van der Kuijlen as both a player and a scout at PSV

Hi Izagooner,

Well Spotted, The scouts name was spelt slightly differently which is how it had escaped me, the scout has now been deleted. Cheers. :thup:

So there it is! Confirmation that The Mighty Magyars were the best international team of all time! another question has been answered! :lol: Good to see a Torino player getting top scorer as well.... excellent work! Puskas is a great player. No doubt about that.

I'm not taking issue with your player ratings as this is a fantasy update and so should have an element of fantasy and mythical player abilities, but a real life peeve of mine is the way I believe past greats are over rated, especially compared to today's players. While Puskas was a great player, the great Hungarian team was built as much on tactical innovation as anything else - at a time when the players level of fitness and tactical complexity was much lower than what we have now - not to mention the lack of an offside trap.

Back then it was enough to be skilful in many cases, with players being given much more time on the ball and attacking players freed from most defensive commitments.

While the likes of Pele, Puskas, Eusebio etc were all phenomenal players, they never had to deal with offside traps, high pressing lines etc. the game was simpler so they never had to develop the positional awareness, fitness, composure, tactical awarenss etc that players do today.

I firmly believe if you dropped Messi or Ronaldo, or even Zidane or Ronaldinho into the 1966 World Cup Pele would be forgotten.

Even through the 80s and 90s players could above alcohol addiction problems and still not be found out.

Now, there's an argument that if you had pele training in La Masia since 12 with modern training methods he could reach the same heights. But it's not a given.

In Ireland during the World Cup, we had Eamon Dunphy repeatedly telling us on telly how bad and defensive Brazil were compared to the great Brazilian teams of the 1980s. What he never seemed to grasp was that the swashbuckling 1980s Brazilians would be torn apart by any well organised counter attacking team.

So I would say the Magical Magyrs wouldn't have a chance against the 2014 Germans.

I'm not taking issue with your player ratings as this is a fantasy update, but a real life peeve of mine is the way I believe past greats are over rated, especially compared to today's players. While Puskas was a great player, the great Hungarian team was built as much on tactical innovation as anything else - at a time when the players level of fitness and tactical complexity was much lower than what we have now - not to mention the lack of an offside trap.

Back then it was enough to be skilful in many cases, with players being given much more time on the ball and attacking players freed from most defensive commitments.

While the likes of Pele, Puskas, Eusebio etc were all phenomenal players, they never had to deal with offside traps, high pressing lines etc. the game was simpler so they never had to develop the positional awareness, fitness, composure, tactical awarenss etc that players do today.

I firmly believe if you dropped Messi or Ronaldo, or even Zidane or Ronaldinho into the 1966 World Cup Pele would be forgotten.

Even through the 80s and 90s players could above alcohol addiction problems and still not be found out.

Now, there's an argument that if you had pele training in La Masia since 12 with modern training methods he could reach the same heights. But it's not a given.

In Ireland during the World Cup, we had Eamon Dunphy repeatedly telling us on telly how bad and defensive Brazil were compared to the great Brazilian teams of the 1980s. What he never seemed to grasp was that the swashbuckling 1980s Brazilians would be torn apart by any well organised counter attacking team.

So I would say the Magical Magyrs wouldn't have a chance against the 2014 Germans.

Hi Bittah,

This is an age old question and an opinion which is held my many people.

I was of course being very light hearted when I made the statement that the Mighty Magyars were the greatest international team of all time.

It is my firm belief that if players like Pele or Puskas, had played today, they would have been just as successful, maybe even more successful because they would have been fitter. You might say that they wouldn't have been as good, simply because they would have suffered the same temptations as footballers of today, they would of earned a lot of money and that takes away from the hunger to succeed, and after researching the last 100 years, I can conclude that talent seemed to go downhill as soon as players starting earning mountains of money, and I don't think it is a coincidence.

So maybe they would of earned a lot more money today and not quite had the hunger or desire to reach the heights they did. I have decided to show the player respect based on their achievements, on their success, the truth is that for every advantage todays players have, there is a disadvantage as well. In those days e.g. you could easily just chop a man down and still stay on the field, the offside rule was harder as well. you had to get past three defenders and the goalkeeper before you could score, for defenders they could just be barged into the net and that was a goal, for the strikers, they just could get taken out and had to get past more people to score, so for me it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

It's unfair to compare the mighty Magyars with the 2014 germans, and I will say this. Take the Mighty Magyars, and the 2014 Germans, give them a year of the same fitness training, same conditions everything the same and I believe that the Mighty Magyars would have won that game comfortably.

We could talk for hours and hours on this and still wouldn't agree completely but it's all opinions at the end of the day and whilst I totally get where you are coming from, I fundamentally disagree with the theory because they lived in different eras, different conditions, but ultimately the truth is the same, Puskas was an amazing footballer and put him in this age and in these conditions, he would be as good or even better.

It is true that In my research I have found there were a lot more talented players in years gone by then the players of today but I think the main reason for this is because of the amount of money players earn today, they get very comfortable, very quickly and desire seems to fade away. In those days, players played purely for the joy of playing, they earned next to nothing compared to what they earn today. They played to succeed, they played to achieve and they never got comfortable so the motivation was success, today the motivation is money and they have much more things going on in their lives to be overly concerned with reaching amazing heights, a handful of players still are motivated to succeed, but it is much harder to motivate players in this way, jose Mourinho is very good at it, harry redknapp understands this too. Money has changed the game, and I firmly believe that this is connected with the motivation for success amongst todays players as well.

In my research I am taking many different factors into consideration, which I have detailed before and I am making my judgments based on this research only. I am treating all players the same regardless of the era they lived in and this is because i firmly believe that put any player in any era and they would have adapted to the advantages and disadvantages of that era and achieved exactly the same, because you can take the player out of the class, but you can never take the class out of the player! :thup:

This is a great season and it is good to see Torino back where they belong! A fitting tribute to a brilliant group of players. I bet they must be a great team to watch.

They are a great team to watch :) ...They always find a way back in games they go behind in not that that happened very often as the table shows also only failed to score in 1 game early in the season away to Juve .. Only 25 goals short of the real scoring record for Serie A set by Torino in the 1947-48 season ( 40 games) so i think your recreations are fairly accurate :thup:

They are a great team to watch :) ...They always find a way back in games they go behind in not that that happened very often as the table shows also only failed to score in 1 game early in the season away to Juve .. Only 25 goals short of the real scoring record for Serie A set by Torino in the 1947-48 season ( 40 games) so i think your recreations are fairly accurate :thup:

Yes, Great Season and Champions League to look forward to now. Onwards and Upwards! :thup:

Hi Bittah,

This is an age old question and an opinion which is held my many people.

I was of course being very light hearted when I made the statement that the Mighty Magyars were the greatest international team of all time.

It is my firm belief that if players like Pele or Puskas, had played today, they would have been just as successful, maybe even more successful because they would have been fitter. You might say that they wouldn't have been as good, simply because they would have suffered the same temptations as footballers of today, they would of earned a lot of money and that takes away from the hunger to succeed, and after researching the last 100 years, I can conclude that talent seemed to go downhill as soon as players starting earning mountains of money, and I don't think it is a coincidence.

So maybe they would of earned a lot more money today and not quite had the hunger or desire to reach the heights they did. I have decided to show the player respect based on their achievements, on their success, the truth is that for every advantage todays players have, there is a disadvantage as well. In those days e.g. you could easily just chop a man down and still stay on the field, the offside rule was harder as well. you had to get past three defenders and the goalkeeper before you could score, for defenders they could just be barged into the net and that was a goal, for the strikers, they just could get taken out and had to get past more people to score, so for me it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

It's unfair to compare the mighty Magyars with the 2014 germans, and I will say this. Take the Mighty Magyars, and the 2014 Germans, give them a year of the same fitness training, same conditions everything the same and I believe that the Mighty Magyars would have won that game comfortably.

We could talk for hours and hours on this and still wouldn't agree completely but it's all opinions at the end of the day and whilst I totally get where you are coming from, I fundamentally disagree with the theory because they lived in different eras, different conditions, but ultimately the truth is the same, Puskas was an amazing footballer and put him in this age and in these conditions, he would be as good or even better.

It is true that In my research I have found there were a lot more talented players in years gone by then the players of today but I think the main reason for this is because of the amount of money players earn today, they get very comfortable, very quickly and desire seems to fade away. In those days, players played purely for the joy of playing, they earned next to nothing compared to what they earn today. They played to succeed, they played to achieve and they never got comfortable so the motivation was success, today the motivation is money and they have much more things going on in their lives to be overly concerned with reaching amazing heights, a handful of players still are motivated to succeed, but it is much harder to motivate players in this way, jose Mourinho is very good at it, harry redknapp understands this too. Money has changed the game, and I firmly believe that this is connected with the motivation for success amongst todays players as well.

In my research I am taking many different factors into consideration, which I have detailed before and I am making my judgments based on this research only. I am treating all players the same regardless of the era they lived in and this is because i firmly believe that put any player in any era and they would have adapted to the advantages and disadvantages of that era and achieved exactly the same, because you can take the player out of the class, but you can never take the class out of the player! :thup:

I think there's a lot more in it than just fitness - though that is a part of it.

For example, I watched a YouTube reel of Pele's 10 best goals this morning and one thing that struck me was the defensive naïveté of the opposition. There was so muh space in the opposition half, and rather than retaining shape and forcing him to find a way through, defenders lunged forward to intercept, but were beaten leaving a hole for him to run into. I also don't notice much in the way of midfielders tracking back or doubling up on him, or putting any form of organised pressure on men in possession in the middle of the pitch.

Nowadays, Messi and Ronaldo don't have anything like that space to work it (except in counter attack situations) and defenders hold their line much better making it harder to find your way trough with just one shoulder drop.

(In the pele clips, the defence seemed to be in a line initially but would break shape to intercept).

So I genuinely think that Messi and Ronaldo are up against far better defences, and more importantly better organised defences, than anything from the 50s - 70s. Would Pele's skil set have been able to unlock them? We'll never know - but in my book he since he never had to evidence the same ability or face the same calibre of opposition, we can't say he proved himself to be of a higher standard.

And I think it's a bit simplistic to say today's players are lesser players because of money. There are many greats today who talk about coming from absolute poverty and how that motivates them - Suarez and Alexis Sanchez are two in particular who've talked of it. Even going back a decade, Rivaldo's body actually still shows evidence of childhood malnutrition.

But even if you take Cristiano Ronaldo, who wouldn't have had to experience anything like that, he's one of the richest men in sport today, and yet he's credited with having absolute dedication, commitment, and work rate in terms of training and conditioning which has enabled him to reach the heights he has.

In any event, I don't think today's players are worse - I think the game has changed and different skill sets are preferred by coaches than before. For example, at Chelsea we saw how Mata, the better footballer, was dropped in favour of Willian, who was a harder worker and was more willing and able to sacrifice the attacking side of the game to help out defensively.

Another example is the rise of the box to box midfielder role - people like Arturo Vidal who have to be capable of doing everything, and having the fitness, stamina and strength to do so.

In the past, even up to the 90s, teams were willing to carry one or two attacking talents - who weren't expected to track back or contribute defensively. Most of the great number 10s filled that role. Player roles tended to be simpler as well, with players not generally being asked to fulfil multiple functions to each phase.

Nowadays players are asked to perform multiple roles and more complex roles at that. Even the likes of Messi are expected to work back. Ronaldinho was shipped out of Barca because of his poor work rate and attitude. He could have gotten away with that 20 or 30 years ago but the game has changed. The defensive systems are much more developed and all players need to contribute.

So even if pele was better offensively than Messi (though I'm not conceding that point), Messi was better around and added more.

Yes, if trained in La Masia pele might have ended up just as good. But there are too many variables involved for us to know. And I'm not talking about money.

For example, would his attitude have been good enough to see him succeed in tougher conditions. Would he have worked as hard as Ronaldo? Would he have the ability, balance, dribbling, positional sense, appreciation of space etc to be able to play through the same defensive systems Messi faces? Would he contribute enough defensively to his game to operate today, or would he be discarded as a luxury player who didn't contribute enough.

Even midfield players - would they have the composure of pirlo, Xavier, iniesta - who are never given time on the ball, yet always seem to be able to find enough to make a killer pass.

They might have - but again we'll never know since the never found themselves up against the same systems, and so never proved that they had that ability.

I know I asked for Nils Liedholm to be added as a player, but looking at his clips this week I wondered where the hell were the opposition players. All his passes seemed to be in completely unpressured positions.

I think there's a lot more in it than just fitness - though that is a part of it.

For example, I watched a YouTube reel of Pele's 10 best goals this morning and one thing that struck me was the defensive naïveté of the opposition. There was so muh space in the opposition half, and rather than retaining shape and forcing him to find a way through, defenders lunged forward to intercept, but were beaten leaving a hole for him to run into. I also don't notice much in the way of midfielders tracking back or doubling up on him, or putting any form of organised pressure on men in possession in the middle of the pitch.

Nowadays, Messi and Ronaldo don't have anything like that space to work it (except in counter attack situations) and defenders hold their line much better making it harder to find your way trough with just one shoulder drop.

(In the pele clips, the defence seemed to be in a line initially but would break shape to intercept).

So I genuinely think that Messi and Ronaldo are up against far better defences, and more importantly better organised defences, than anything from the 50s - 70s. Would Pele's skil set have been able to unlock them? We'll never know - but in my book he since he never had to evidence the same ability or face the same calibre of opposition, we can't say he proved himself to be of a higher standard.

And I think it's a bit simplistic to say today's players are lesser players because of money. There are many greats today who talk about coming from absolute poverty and how that motivates them - Suarez and Alexis Sanchez are two in particular who've talked of it. Even going back a decade, Rivaldo's body actually still shows evidence of childhood malnutrition.

But even if you take Cristiano Ronaldo, who wouldn't have had to experience anything like that, he's one of the richest men in sport today, and yet he's credited with having absolute dedication, commitment, and work rate in terms of training and conditioning which has enabled him to reach the heights he has.

In any event, I don't think today's players are worse - I think the game has changed and different skill sets are preferred by coaches than before. For example, at Chelsea we saw how Mata, the better footballer, was dropped in favour of Willian, who was a harder worker and was more willing and able to sacrifice the attacking side of the game to help out defensively.

Another example is the rise of the box to box midfielder role - people like Arturo Vidal who have to be capable of doing everything, and having the fitness, stamina and strength to do so.

In the past, even up to the 90s, teams were willing to carry one or two attacking talents - who weren't expected to track back or contribute defensively. Most of the great number 10s filled that role. Player roles tended to be simpler as well, with players not generally being asked to fulfil multiple functions to each phase.

Nowadays players are asked to perform multiple roles and more complex roles at that. Even the likes of Messi are expected to work back. Ronaldinho was shipped out of Barca because of his poor work rate and attitude. He could have gotten away with that 20 or 30 years ago but the game has changed. The defensive systems are much more developed and all players need to contribute.

So even if pele was better offensively than Messi (though I'm not conceding that point), Messi was better around and added more.

Yes, if trained in La Masia pele might have ended up just as good. But there are too many variables involved for us to know. And I'm not talking about money.

For example, would his attitude have been good enough to see him succeed in tougher conditions. Would he have worked as hard as Ronaldo? Would he have the ability, balance, dribbling, positional sense, appreciation of space etc to be able to play through the same defensive systems Messi faces? Would he contribute enough defensively to his game to operate today, or would he be discarded as a luxury player who didn't contribute enough.

Even midfield players - would they have the composure of pirlo, Xavier, iniesta - who are never given time on the ball, yet always seem to be able to find enough to make a killer pass.

They might have - but again we'll never know since the never found themselves up against the same systems, and so never proved that they had that ability.

I know I asked for Nils Liedholm to be added as a player, but looking at his clips this week I wondered where the hell were the opposition players. All his passes seemed to be in completely unpressured positions.

I don't disagree with you at all. There is a lot more to it than Fitness for sure. Of course the game has advanced in every way and I am sure that in 20 years from now, we may look back at the football of today as a certain naivety as we learn more, become even fitter, become more tactically aware, maybe be more complete footballers indeed. Yes there is no doubt that Pele would have benefited from the defence tactical naivetés and we will never truly know. This is an age old question where we cannot say for sure one way or another.

I believe that Pele would of adjusted to the advantages and disadvantages of football today and would have been just as successful. That is my opinion. Of course I might be wrong. I don't deny that. I think he was born with an amazing talent and he would of been given the ability to express it. It is not his fault if the defences were not as organised as the defences today but we have to show respect nonetheless for all his achievements and not disregard them just because there is a possibility the achievements may not be the same had he been alive today.

Everything you say makes perfect sense to me. I completely respect Messi and Ronaldo for what they have achieved and of course we may ask in 50 years, if e.g. Messi or Ronaldo are really as good Marquino or Randomaidia because of the same reasons. (hyphothetical)

I believe that skill and ability is something you are born with and that in any era the player would be given the environment and conditions to express the skill and talent and they would have achieved success.

I am not saying that earning more money is the only reason players are generally less successful today, i just think that the world has changed, and money is the main motivator whereas before success was more of a motivator, players earn so much money today, there are so many more things to do today with that money, the world is much more economy based and therefore i think it is easy for players to become more comfortable today and the hunger to not be the same. Therefore i think some players become far too comfortable to quickly and lose some of that hunger to succeed, again this is my opinion, i might be wrong, i do think that this is not true for every player, what a wonderful game it would be if every players had the attitude of messi or the hunger to succeed like Ronaldo.

I know what your saying and I agree with it, it makes perfect sense. I still think that the players would have been just as successful today, they would adapted to the conditions and the systems of today and they would have found a way of expressing their born talents and abilities, we will never know for sure, but it is good we have different opinions and thoughts because that is what makes us unique and individual.

In short, I think if someone achieves something, no matter what, you can never take that achievement away from them because they have earned that achievement. They can all be very proud of their achievements. I agree totally with your reasoning and thank you for making these excellent and interesting points. :thup:

I don't disagree with you at all. There is a lot more to it than Fitness for sure. Of course the game has advanced in every way and I am sure that in 20 years from now, we may look back at the football of today as a certain naivety as we learn more, become even fitter, become more tactically aware, maybe be more complete footballers indeed. Yes there is no doubt that Pele would have benefited from the defence tactical naivetés and we will never truly know. This is an age old question where we cannot say for sure one way or another.

I believe that Pele would of adjusted to the advantages and disadvantages of football today and would have been just as successful. That is my opinion. Of course I might be wrong. I don't deny that. I think he was born with an amazing talent and he would of been given the ability to express it. It is not his fault if the defences were not as organised as the defences today but we have to show respect nonetheless for all his achievements and not disregard them just because there is a possibility the achievements may not be the same had he been alive today.

Everything you say makes perfect sense to me. I completely respect Messi and Ronaldo for what they have achieved and of course we may ask in 50 years, if e.g. Messi or Ronaldo are really as good Marquino or Randomaidia because of the same reasons. (hyphothetical)

I believe that skill and ability is something you are born with and that in any era the player would be given the environment and conditions to express the skill and talent and they would have achieved success.

I am not saying that earning more money is the only reason players are generally less successful today, i just think that the world has changed, and money is the main motivator whereas before success was more of a motivator, players earn so much money today, there are so many more things to do today with that money, the world is much more economy based and therefore i think it is easy for players to become more comfortable today and the hunger to not be the same. Therefore i think some players become far too comfortable to quickly and lose some of that hunger to succeed, again this is my opinion, i might be wrong, i do think that this is not true for every player, what a wonderful game it would be if every players had the attitude of messi or the hunger to succeed like Ronaldo.

I know what your saying and I agree with it, it makes perfect sense. I still think that the players would have been just as successful today, they would adapted to the conditions and the systems of today and they would have found a way of expressing their born talents and abilities, we will never know for sure, but it is good we have different opinions and thoughts because that is what makes us unique and individual.

In short, I think if someone achieves something, no matter what, you can never take that achievement away from them because they have earned that achievement. They can all be very proud of their achievements. I agree totally with your reasoning and thank you for making these excellent and interesting points. :thup:

Dont get me wrong - not taking anything away from their achievements. To be the best of your generation is an amazing achievement, regardless of the generation.

I was just making the point that I believe that todays's crop are being unfairly judged against the legend of previous players, rather than an analysis of what actually brought to the game.

And i think today's tacticians will tell you that they have only built what came before them. Without total football, there would be no tiki-taka etc.

On a separate note, some players are born with talent, but without the right attitude and approach its for nothing. Ravel Morrision has natural ability. He'll never be a Messi, Ronaldo or even a Lallana unless he has a serious change of attitude.

Dont get me wrong - not taking anything away from their achievements. To be the best of your generation is an amazing achievement, regardless of the generation.

I was just making the point that I believe that todays's crop are being unfairly judged against the legend of previous players, rather than an analysis of what actually brought to the game.

And i think today's tacticians will tell you that they have only built what came before them. Without total football, there would be no tiki-taka etc.

On a separate note, some players are born with talent, but without the right attitude and approach its for nothing. Ravel Morrision has natural ability. He'll never be a Messi, Ronaldo or even a Lallana unless he has a serious change of attitude.

I completely agree with you. I have said this quite a few times, I don't believe in making comparisons, I am certainly not comparing any players at all, I am just treating every player individually and unique to themselves so you can rest assured I am not treating any of todays crop unfairly.

I completely agree that having the born talent isn't enough, you still need to work hard to reach the heights and you need the right attitude. Spot on!

I am researching every player thoroughly and being as fair as I can possible be. Cheers. :thup:

Few things after having a quick glance:

1st of of all whats the age criteria? i see some players, are 16/17 others early/mid/late 20s, how are you deciding this?

Simao at benfica - pace and acceleration of 13/12 is a really bad, considering he was a fast player in his prime. also agility

rui costa should be natural AMC not MC

Eusebio was physically a beast -> 14 pace/14 balance/15 agility imo are not correct. 8 leadership is also shocking

Also where is Joao Pinto ? Nuno Gomes ? Zahovic? Mantorras? - Mantorras at a young age before the injury problems, was regarded the next best foward.

also where is michel preudhomme legend GK of benfica?

Why is moutinho at porto and quaresma?

Jardel was an amazing finisher and header of the ball but other than that he couldnt run with the ball or dribble or do anything else. 15 dribbling a bit too much, 17 crossing no way, 17 long shots way too much, 16 passing too much aswell.

Other noticeable things but here this is down to people opinion, Henry 14 first touch, Alan Shearer doesnt he have the most goals scored in the EPL ? yet only 17 finishing, but Gary Lineker has 20 lol?

How can Giggs have 20 dribbling yet fat ronaldo has 18, maradona 19, some of these amongst others doesnt make sense when you compare it to other players

Hey Pipson,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Most of those changes have been already rectified by the portuguese research team (the likes of Simao, Jardel, etc, there were a few mistakes that were rectified straight away and will be replicated in the big update). Some other changes are being discussed as well.

Regarding Eusebio, he is only 18, when he fully develop, he will be the physical beast you mentioned. Its important to note that the idea is to bring realism to this patch as well, and players like Zidane, Ronaldo, Maradona, Eusebio, etc, were not near their peak when they were 18 years old. They will indeed develop into world class players.

Mantorras was a fan favourite, but there are other names that would make the team before him to be completely honest. Preud'Homme would make the team if there were 3 goalkeepers, but due to his age when he first joined Benfica (he was 35 yo) and the fact that Costa Pereira and Bento are also legends, we think it makes way more sense to keep Preud'Homme in Standard Liege. Anyone can buy him anyway, if you eventually want him, you can go for it!

Hi Fenech,

I have a few suggestions for Inter which I hope you can implement if you agree with. First off, I believe that Giuseppe Meazza and not Ronaldo should be listed as the best player on the team :p

I also noticed that Mario Corso has been set as a 16 year old when he played with Sandro Mazzola and Giacinto Facchetti.

I think you also missed out on a few Inter players in Aristide Guarneri and Gianfranco Bedin. Both are scouts in game but both of them were an integral part of Grande Inter.

Antontio Valentin Angellilo is listed as an attacking midfielder in the game when he was a striker as well.

And I think that Andreas Brehme should take Luigi Allemandi's place in the squad although that is up to you because it might weaken Brehme's team.

And I also think you should include Evaristo Beccalossi in the game as he was Altobelli's partner in crime. He's also listed as an icon in-game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaristo_Beccalossi

I also think that Meazza and Facchetti should have better leadership ratings.

Christian Vieri should also be in Inter instead of Torino because that is where he peaked and had the greatest scoring record as a player. He should take Adriano's place I believe.

Nicola Berti should be in Inter as well instead of Parma I believe even as a youth.

It would also be great if we could have Ivan Cordoba in the game even as a free transfer.

Pietro Ferraris is in Torino and that could be justified but he was also a great player for Inter and played alongside Meazza for 5 years. But I think Torino is better for him.

Andrea Mandorlini is a coach in game but I think he should be a player as well. He played at Inter for 7 years.

Gianfranco Matteoli as well who played for Inter for 4 years making over 100 appearences.

Aldo Serena is another legend who is missing who actually played for Inter, Milan, and Juventus.

Ramon Diaz is another legned who should be in the game I think.

Walter Zenga is 14 but I think he should be in his prime as he is more than a legend for Inter than Julio Cesar.

Toldo and Giuliano Sarti are both at Fiorentina but both are considered Inter legends as well.

I also noticed Fabio Grosso isn't in the game and he's considered an Italian legend after 2010.

And Luca Toni should be sent to Fiorentina and made younger.

Sorry for the length but I hope this information has been useful to you. And if you need any help or information please let me know. I am more than glad to help.

Currently in my second season in Inter and been handed one hell of a tough champions league group with Aston Villa, Celtic, and Benfica.

Thank you for such a great database!

Hi Fenech,

I have a few suggestions for Inter which I hope you can implement if you agree with. First off, I believe that Giuseppe Meazza and not Ronaldo should be listed as the best player on the team :p

I also noticed that Mario Corso has been set as a 16 year old when he played with Sandro Mazzola and Giacinto Facchetti.

I think you also missed out on a few Inter players in Aristide Guarneri and Gianfranco Bedin. Both are scouts in game but both of them were an integral part of Grande Inter.

Antontio Valentin Angellilo is listed as an attacking midfielder in the game when he was a striker as well.

And I think that Andreas Brehme should take Luigi Allemandi's place in the squad although that is up to you because it might weaken Brehme's team.

And I also think you should include Evaristo Beccalossi in the game as he was Altobelli's partner in crime. He's also listed as an icon in-game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaristo_Beccalossi

I also think that Meazza and Facchetti should have better leadership ratings.

Christian Vieri should also be in Inter instead of Torino because that is where he peaked and had the greatest scoring record as a player. He should take Adriano's place I believe.

Nicola Berti should be in Inter as well instead of Parma I believe even as a youth.

It would also be great if we could have Ivan Cordoba in the game even as a free transfer.

Pietro Ferraris is in Torino and that could be justified but he was also a great player for Inter and played alongside Meazza for 5 years. But I think Torino is better for him.

Andrea Mandorlini is a coach in game but I think he should be a player as well. He played at Inter for 7 years.

Gianfranco Matteoli as well who played for Inter for 4 years making over 100 appearences.

Aldo Serena is another legend who is missing who actually played for Inter, Milan, and Juventus.

Ramon Diaz is another legned who should be in the game I think.

Walter Zenga is 14 but I think he should be in his prime as he is more than a legend for Inter than Julio Cesar.

Toldo and Giuliano Sarti are both at Fiorentina but both are considered Inter legends as well.

I also noticed Fabio Grosso isn't in the game and he's considered an Italian legend after 2010.

And Luca Toni should be sent to Fiorentina and made younger.

Sorry for the length but I hope this information has been useful to you. And if you need any help or information please let me know. I am more than glad to help.

Currently in my second season in Inter and been handed one hell of a tough champions league group with Aston Villa, Celtic, and Benfica.

Thank you for such a great database!

Hi Trunks,

I will take all these requests into consideration and get back to you in due course.

Thank you for taking the time to make all these suggestions, I am bringing a lot of new players into the next update so my main focus is there at the moment but once that is done, I will go through all these requests and try to be as fair as possible. :thup:

Thanks very much mate!

I have a few suggestions of players to be added in there so if you could work those in and then look at the other information later it would be great.

And I honestly can't thank you enough for this database!

You are welcome. :thup:

Hi Fenech, not wanting to sound like I'm nagging :D but do you know roughly when the update will be out? Reason I ask is I haven't had time to play over the past couple of weeks, so am still half way through the 1st season, and if the update is within the next week, I will hold off on this save, and wait to play with the Norwich legends side you have been working on. Also any chance of a sneaky screenshot of the Norwich side? Sorry if I sound impatient :D

Hi Fenech, not wanting to sound like I'm nagging :D but do you know roughly when the update will be out? Reason I ask is I haven't had time to play over the past couple of weeks, so am still half way through the 1st season, and if the update is within the next week, I will hold off on this save, and wait to play with the Norwich legends side you have been working on. Also any chance of a sneaky screenshot of the Norwich side? Sorry if I sound impatient :D

Hi IMT,

The best thing to do is just carry on with your save, I am still in the process of creating more players and then I have to code and photo them, do all the programming and coding work, then I have to deal with all the suggestions and requests, so it's fair to say the update will not come out anytime in the next few weeks. Cheers. :thup:

Has anyone noticed the amount of players who leave PL clubs who get relegated? Wolves sold 22 players totalling £215m upon relegation and are still managing to remain top of the championship with a 5 point lead to their nearest rivals Blackburn who were also relegated, selling 17 players of their own for £149m including Alan Shearer for £28m (seems reasonable) although surprisingly to Roma, Wimbledon who went down with them however languish in 10th which is unsurprising however they only made £115m from the 18 players they sold.

I kind of expected the 3 relegated PL teams each season to be instantly dominate the championship bounce back seeing the 3 promoted championship teams instantly being relegated after their third season ( they are all in the relegation zone despite Cardiff managing 5 wins) however it doesn't seem to be the case for Wimbledon and considering how their squads have been depleted I doubt upon promotion again these teams will managed to avoid relegation for a second time which is disappointing as the gulf in quality will much like the original championship teams be too great, considering the quality of the Championship IRL would it be worth upping the reputation of the league?

Has anyone noticed the amount of players who leave PL clubs who get relegated? Wolves sold 22 players totalling £215m upon relegation and are still managing to remain top of the championship with a 5 point lead to their nearest rivals Blackburn who were also relegated, selling 17 players of their own for £149m including Alan Shearer for £28m (seems reasonable) although surprisingly to Roma, Wimbledon who went down with them however languish in 10th which is unsurprising however they only made £115m from the 18 players they sold.

I kind of expected the 3 relegated PL teams each season to be instantly dominate the championship bounce back seeing the 3 promoted championship teams instantly being relegated after their third season ( they are all in the relegation zone despite Cardiff managing 5 wins) however it doesn't seem to be the case for Wimbledon and considering how their squads have been depleted I doubt upon promotion again these teams will managed to avoid relegation for a second time which is disappointing as the gulf in quality will much like the original championship teams be too great, considering the quality of the Championship IRL would it be worth upping the reputation of the league?

Hi JB

This all makes sense and the transfer market explodes into action in the 3rd window. Everything you say makes sense although I've not seen Wimbledon get relegated before, although you would expect them to. To be fair this all makes sense, and there are no shortage of buyers for relegated clubs players, when wolves got relegated, Liverpool came in for billy wright and I think he cost about 22 million.

I think what you will find is that as I create more of the championship teams in line with my new ratings system, the gulf between the premiership and the championship teams will decrease significantly so that the same teams don't automatically keep getting relegated and promoted.

Hey Fenech

I do hope so, I was wondering if it would just create a huge pool of players who were simply waiting to be snapped up by the high reputation teams in the world, of which there are many in many more tempting leagues now you have raised the reputations of lesser footballing countries however I have noticed that despite Stanley Matthews currently nearing the end of his second season in the Championship he has remained at Stoke City and I fail to remember any speculation regarding him (despite my scouts reminding me of his presence every 2 days) which is probably in no small part down to the fact he has retained his £54m valuation

Hey Fenech

I do hope so, I was wondering if it would just create a huge pool of players who were simply waiting to be snapped up by the high reputation teams in the world, of which there are many in many more tempting leagues now you have raised the reputations of lesser footballing countries however I have noticed that despite Stanley Matthews currently nearing the end of his second season in the Championship he has remained at Stoke City and I fail to remember any speculation regarding him (despite my scouts reminding me of his presence every 2 days) which is probably in no small part down to the fact he has retained his £54m valuation

Yes, this is because he was on a long contract, stayed at stoke his whole life which is why he started there, and in my research he loved stoke, so of course I made him a very loyal bloke who loves stoke, so im not surprised he stays with them, of course in the update that will all change as we discussed before, im making legends much more affordable and stoke will be improved so there will be players to accompany him, its the same with tom finney at preston, once I bring back their double winning team, that will improve too for him and for preston.

Hi Fenech just noticed a slight problem with regards home grown players there are hardly any for example Tony Adams should be Arsenal trained at club but he is trained in nation i opened him up in FMRTE and deleted trained at club 0-21 and changed it to trained at club 15-21 and now its fine i think this maybe a problem for a lot of the players :cool:

Hi Fenech just noticed a slight problem with regards home grown players there are hardly any for example Tony Adams should be Arsenal trained at club but he is trained in nation i opened him up in FMRTE and deleted trained at club 0-21 and changed it to trained at club 15-21 and now its fine i think this maybe a problem for a lot of the players :cool:

Hi Izagooner,

You are right and it is an issue which I have become aware of, and will be fixed in the next update.

In the meantime, it makes the champions league more of a challenge! I know it's no consolation, but all teams are in the same boat where that's concerned. :)

Do you think there's maybe too many 195 PA/CA players in the DB for anybody to really stand out as being the greatest?

I think most would agree that the likes of Pele, Maradonna, Messi, Cruijff stand out as being a step above anybody else in the history of the game.

Yet, because there are so many 199 PA type players in the game, they aren't appreciably better than other players in the game.

As constructive criticism, I would suggest that some ayers be toned down, and that PA's of over 190 should be given only in very rare cases - players who have a genuine claim as being the best ever to play the game, rather than the best ever to play for their team or country.

Perhaps maybe confine it to no more than 3 or 4 players from each era or decade should be above 190.

For example, I think on FM 14 the likes of Xavi and Iniesta are below 190 PA, and yet could compete with 99% of the legends in your DB in terms of ability and accomplishments.

Ronaldo is presently 195, and arguably one of the best to ever play the game - top 10 or 15 players at least.

Do you think there's maybe too many 195 PA/CA players in the DB for anybody to really stand out as being the greatest?

I think most would agree that the likes of Pele, Maradonna, Messi, Cruijff stand out as being a step above anybody else in the history of the game.

Yet, because there are so many 199 PA type players in the game, they aren't appreciably better than other players in the game.

As constructive criticism, I would suggest that some ayers be toned down, and that PA's of over 190 should be given only in very rare cases - players who have a genuine claim as being the best ever to play the game, rather than the best ever to play for their team or country.

Perhaps maybe confine it to no more than 3 or 4 players from each era or decade should be above 190.

For example, I think on FM 14 the likes of Xavi and Iniesta are below 190 PA, and yet could compete with 99% of the legends in your DB in terms of ability and accomplishments.

Hi Bittah,

It is an excellent point you raise however it all depends on how you interpret the ratings system and as I said, I have recoded and redesigned the ratings system to my own way of thinking. I don't agree that Messi is miles better than any of the other top players. I think the game reflects that he is the best in the world, but inside that 1% margin, could be a massive difference in ability. I think those players were fantastic in their own positions but perhaps don't get the complete recognition they deserve for their talents and abilities.

I don't think they are miles better than some of the other players that have existed over the last 100 years, there are players in defence which were just as good as a defender or close to being as good, as messi is in his position but they don't get the recognition they deserve because of the position they play, if I had agreed with the way the ratings system had been interpreted than I wouldn't of changed anything, but I don't agree and that is why I changed it, so you cannot compare this game to the other games because this one is different and is based upon my vision of what the ratings should be.

I don't believe in confining players to below a certain level when in my opinion they should be at a higher level. I have research every player thoroughly and taken many factors into account before deciding on the current and potential abilities and in my opinion both Xavi and Iniesta are higher than 190 in ability.

If you want to highlight any specific player, I am happy to look at them based on my ratings system but I am not going to change back to the normal ratings system because this is what I believe in, it is all very mathematical and about percentages at the end of the day, and each percentage can be different, in 10% there may be very little difference at all, but in just 1% at the higher end of the spectrum there may be a world of difference so it just depends how you look at it and how you interpret it at the end of the day.

I am only using this as an example, there is of course very little difference in 1% at the end of the day but I am just saying that there may be a bigger difference in the percentages at the higher end of the spectrum than there is at the lower end of the spectrum and there were players who were just as good and / or very similar in different positions or in similar positions and having done the research have demonstrated this in their achievement and from all the sources have proven to be worth a certain percentage within my new ratings system and I am happy with this, and I can see that not only has it worked but the match engine and the quality of play is a hell of a lot better and more realistic in my opinion as well.

I wasn't saying the gulf in class between Messi/pele and the rest is that large, but they are appreciably better than others. I realise it's difficult to measure the difference, but I would have thought it might be more than just one or two PA points.

I think you can still give proper recognition to exceptional defenders as well without needing to re-do the ratings. E.g. The likes of Cannavaro, Beckenbauer, Baresi would all be one of the top 4 or 5 of their respective decades/generation. Other defenders would come close to that, without quite making the same heights.

I wasn't saying the gulf in class between Messi/pele and the rest is that large, but they are appreciably better than others. I realise it's difficult to measure the difference, but I would have thought it might be more than just one or two PA points.

I think you can still give proper recognition to exceptional defenders as well without needing to re-do the ratings. E.g. The likes of Cannavaro, Beckenbauer, Baresi would all be one of the top 4 or 5 of their respective decades/generation. Other defenders would come close to that, without quite making the same heights.

Hi Bittah,

That is the thing, I don't agree that messi and pele are that much better than the rest, they are the best in their own position.

The ratings system needed a complete overhaul in my opinion and that is what I have done and I am not going to change that. It is a system which I am very happy with.

I just want to focus now on specific players within their specific positions and if you look at Cannavaro you will see that 136 caps for Italy plus you look more in depth, it is easy to conclude he was one of the best defenders of all time and deserves his potential ability of 197 in my opinion.

I have concluded that there is a bigger difference in the percentages at the higher end of the spectrum, so whilst 197 reflects the fact that he was one of the best defenders ever, it also shows that Messi was still slightly better in his position who is a 200. That 3% is significant enough to show the difference between the two players. They are different positions so you cant compare, but Lionel only has 93 caps, and has lionel achieved as much as cannavaro on the international stage, no he has not, he hasn't even won a world cup.

Don't get me wrong I still think Messi is the best in the world today but Its all opinions at the end of the day and this is my opinion and I am sticking to it. ;)

Archived