Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

COMING TODAY!

EUSBIO1_zps6112eb38.jpg

BENFICA LEGEND!!! ^^^^^^^^^

PLUS!!! .. A long long time ago, long before PORTO had heard of Falcao, there was another PORTO SUPERSTAR.. Called: Artur de Sousa Pingas

THE RETURN OF: PINGA

PORTO LEGEND!!!!

History

5 National Championships 1st Division (Portugal)

1 Cup of Portugal

Port 13 Championships

3 Championships Funchal

Games: 400

Goals: 394

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that it would be very popular. In this Legends game, you will find a lot of depth because it's covering over 100 years of footballing history. Hopefully it will be as close as possible to what an official legends game would look like. I am looking forward to releasing it soon. :thup:

It would be popular indeed. That said, this will be too. You are creating the logical successor to the great Deus84 database of former FM's, and he was an inspiration for loads of us!

Hi French any chance of this player being included http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Peyroteo ?

Also found a link you might find useful http://www.free-elements.com/

Hi Izagooner,

Thanks very much! I find this link very useful and I will look at it in more detail as well.

I have created Fernando Peyroteo, I just need to test him and then I will do a feature on him. :thup:

It would be popular indeed. That said, this will be too. You are creating the logical successor to the great Deus84 database of former FM's, and he was an inspiration for loads of us!

I completely agree with you, I only hope you get as much enjoying out of playing this game, as you have done from the previous legends games of yesteryear. If this is a natural successor to the great Dues84 databases of former FM's, then it has a lot to live up to and I hope that you are satisfied with the results once the game is released!

I couldn't have seen this project through without all the support and advice from the FM Community, I have been encouraged by the communities interest in this project and it has inspired me to keep going with this massive project every day. I am close to completing a football world where every legend and star from the 1800's to the present day is back and ready to play, along with all the managers and chairman too and we will see what will happen!

e.g. We will see what happens when certain Leeds players of the 70's face the referees of today! :lol:

All the hard work and research which has gone into creating this has been worth it because of the all the feedback and encouragement from this community and you all deserve credit for keeping this massive project alive!

I really appreciate everyones feedback and support. :thup:

Hi Izagooner,

Thanks very much! I find this link very useful and I will look at it in more detail as well.

I have created Fernando Peyroteo, I just need to test him and then I will do a feature on him. :thup:

Your welcome ........ cool look forward to the feature

F.C. Porto, or simply Porto, is a Portuguese sports club based in Porto. It is mostly known for its professional football team, which plays in the Primeira Liga, the top tier of the Portuguese football league system. Porto have never been relegated from the top division in Portugal.

Porto is the most successful Portuguese club in terms of overall titles, having won a total of 74 titles. Domestically, Porto has won 27 Primeira Liga titles, five of which in consecutive seasons (between 1994–95 and 1998–99), a record in Portuguese football. Other national honours achieved by the club include the Taça de Portugal (16 times), the defunct Campeonato de Portugal (a record four times, along with Sporting CP) and the Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira (a record 20 times) Porto became the second team in Portuguese league history, after Benfica, to complete two 30-game seasons without defeats, namely in the 2010–11 and 2012–13 seasons. In the former, Porto achieved the largest difference of points ever between champion and runner-up (21 points) in a three-points-per-win system, on its way to a second quadruple.

Internationally, Porto won the European Cup/UEFA Champions League in 1987 and 2004, the UEFA Cup/Europa League in 2003 and 2011, the UEFA Super Cup in 1987, and the Intercontinental Cup in 1987 and 2004, for a total of seven titles. It is the only Portuguese team to have won any of the last three competitions, and one of few teams in the world to have won three international titles in the same season (1987). In addition, Porto was runner-up at the 1983–84 European Cup Winners' Cup and the 2003, 2004 and 2011 editions of the UEFA Super Cup.

It's time to release 'THE BLUE AND WHITES' --- HERE COME 'THE DRAGONS'!!!!!

President: Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa

Manager: József Szabó

FCP_SquadPlayers-3_zpsc3869631.png

Artur de Sousa Pinga

For 15 years, he donned the BLUE AND WHITE of Porto. When people saw him play, they often remarked of their admiration and total surprise. He played with an honour and value of the shirt often not seen today and he was the dynamo in so many of Porto's amazing performances.

Jose Mourinho declared himself the Special One after his achievements at Porto, but long before Jose Mourinho, Pinga was the first ever special one!

In Ball Control, Reflexes, Speed, Pinpoint Passing, Pinga was the number 1! PINGA gave Porto fans so many great memories to remember, he was simply Brilliant!

History

5 National Championships 1st Division (Portugal)

1 Cup of Portugal

Port 13 Championships

3 Championships Funchal

Games: 400

Goals: 394

Pinga was Pure Class. He was one of the greatest players in the history of Portugal and HERE HE IS! BACK AGAIN! .....................

Give it up for PINGA!!

Pinga_OverviewProfile_zpsa46d2ab8.png

S.L. Benfica

Benfica has never been relegated! Benfica is the most supported Portuguese club and has one of the largest fan bases in the world, having the most members (sócios) of any football club in the world. It is the twenty-sixth richest football club in terms of revenue, with an annual turnover of €109.2 million, and is evaluated as the thirty-eighth most valuable football brand in the world.

Benfica have won a total of 72 titles, and is the only club to have won all Portuguese competitions. It is the current Portuguese champion and has won a record of 33 Primeira Liga titles, a record of 25 Taça de Portugal (and 4 consecutively)—achieving a record of 10 doubles (dobradinhas)—a record of 5 Taça da Liga (and 4 consecutively), 4 Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira and 3 Campeonato de Portugal.

In 2014, Benfica achieved an unprecedented treble (triplete) of Primeira Liga, Taça de Portugal and Taça da Liga. It is also the only club to have achieved the double of Primeira Liga and Taça da Liga (twice), and to have conquered the Taça da Liga without conceding a goal. Benfica became the first team in Portuguese league history to complete two 30-game seasons without defeats, namely the 1972–73 and 1977–78 seasons. Benfica also holds the European record for the most consecutive wins in domestic league (29) between 1971–72 and 1972–73, as well the record for the longest unbeaten run in Portuguese league (56), between 1976–77 and 1978–79.

Internationally, Benfica won the European Cup/UEFA Champions League in 1961 and 1962, a feat in Portugal. In addition, it was runner-up at the Intercontinental Cup in 1961 and 1962, at the European Cup in 1963, 1965, 1968, 1988 and 1990, and at the UEFA Cup/Europa League in 1983, 2013 and 2014. Benfica has reached 10 European finals, which ranks seventh all-time among UEFA clubs and is also a Portuguese record. In 2000, it was ranked twelfth in FIFA Club of the Century award. In 2009, it was ranked ninth in "Europe's Club of the Century" by IFFHS. In January 2014, it was ranked tenth in World Club Ranking by IFFHS. Benfica is ranked fifth in UEFA club rankings, which is the best position ever obtained by a Portuguese club.

O GLORIOUS ONES! ARISE YOU BENFIQUISTAS!!!! IN THE RED CORNER, RISING HIGH,

HERE FLIES THE EAGLES!!!!

President: Maurício Vieira de Brito

Manager: Cosme Damião

SLB_SquadPlayers-3_zps4a13795b.png

Eusébio da Silva Ferreira was a Mozambican-born Portuguese football striker. He is considered one of the greatest footballers of all time.

He was known for his speed, technique, athleticism and his right-footed shot, making him a prolific goalscorer.

He helped Portugal reach third place at the 1966 World Cup, being the top goalscorer of the tournament with nine goals (including four in one match against North Korea and received the Bronze Ball award. He won the Ballon d'Or award for European footballer of the year in 1965 and was runner-up in 1962 and 1966. He played for Benfica for 15 out of his 22 years as a footballer, thus being mainly associated with the Portuguese club, and is the team's all-time top scorer with 638 goals scored in 614 official games. There, he won eleven Primeira Liga titles, five Taça de Portugal titles, a European Cup (1961–62) and helped them reach three additional European Cup finals (1963, 1965, 1968). He is the eighth-highest goalscorer in the history of the European Cup and the second-highest, behind Alfredo Di Stéfano, in the pre-Champions League era with 48 goals. He was the European Cup top scorer in 1964–65, 1965–66 and 1967–68. He also won the Bola de Prata (Primeira Liga top scorer award) a record seven times. He was the first ever player to win the European Golden Boot, in 1968, a feat he replicated in 1973.

Eusébio's name often appears in best player of all time lists and polls by football critics and fans. He was elected the ninth-best footballer of the 20th century in a poll by the IFFHS and the tenth-best footballer of the 20th century in a poll by the World Soccer magazine. Pelé named Eusébio as one of the 125 best living footballers in his 2004 FIFA 100 list. He was seventh in the online poll for UEFA Golden Jubilee Poll. In November 2003, to celebrate UEFA's Jubilee, he was selected as the Golden Player of Portugal by the Portuguese Football Federation as their most outstanding player of the past 50 years. He has been called "Africa's first great footballer" and "Africa's greatest-ever player".

"For me Eusébio will always be the best player of all time". Alfredo di Stefano

It is an honour to feature this great man here today!

Euseacutebio_OverviewProfile-2_zpsc05c41a8.png

Fernando Baptista de Seixas Peyroteo de Vasconcelos

He played his entire career with Sporting, scoring 544 goals all games comprised (friendlies included), winning eleven major titles and being crowned his country's top division scorer on six occasions!

He scored 34 goals in only 14 games in his first year to win both the Lisbon Championship and the Taça de Portugal, then named Portuguese Championship.

During his spell with the Lisbon side Peyroteo won five Primeira Liga trophies, five domestic cups and the first Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira match at the new Estádio Nacional, netting twice in the latter for an eventual 3–2 extra time win against S.L. Benfica. He scored nine times in a single game against Leça F.C. and eight against Boavista FC, and his goals-per-game ratio was arguably the best in the history of football, at 1.7 successful strikes per game.

Peyroteo contributed with 39 goals in the 1948–49 campaign as the Lions conquered their third league in a row.

He made only 187 career appearances for Sporting Lisbon but managed to score a mighty 331 goals. That is a 1.7 goal per game return. No player in the history of football from Pele, Puskas, Di Stefano, Eusébio, Cruyff, Van Basten, Maradona, Ronaldo to Messi has ever bettered. And the odds are no one ever will. He was truly the ultimate goal scoring machine. He is till date the all time leading goal scorer in the Portugese league ahead of Benfica legend Eusébio.

Goalscoring for Peyroteo was nothing worth talking of. He often scored multiple times in a match. He remains the only player I have heard of who has scored nine times in one match, and eight goals in another. He scored six goals thrice, while scoring five or four goals was nothing out of the ordinary for him.

He was, simply put, an outstanding goalscorer! Wouldn't you want him in your team??

He is smiling in his picture because he just scored 9 goals in 1 game!!!!!!!

AND HE HAS COME OUT OF RETIREMENT TO STAR IN THIS FM2014 ULTIMATE LEGENDS AND STARS 1880 - 2014 SERIES!!! HERE HE IS! READY TO SCORE FOR FUN AGAIN!!!!

FernandoPeyroteo_OverviewProfile-6_zps1ea26898.png

Gheorghe Hagi is the best Romanian footballer the world has ever seen.

Nicknamed "The Maradona of the Carpathians", Hagi is considered a hero in his homeland. He was named Romanian Footballer of the Year seven times, and is regarded as one of the best football players of his generation. He was renowned for his technique, vision, passing and finishing.

Hagi played for the Romanian national team in three World Cups in 1990, 1994 (where he was named in the World Cup All-Star Team) and 1998, as well as in three European Football Championships in 1984, 1996 and 2000. He won a total of 125 caps for Romania, ranked second after Dorinel Munteanu, and is the joint leading goalscorer (alongside Adrian Mutu) with 35 goals.

In November 2003, to celebrate UEFA's Jubilee, he was selected as the Golden Player of Romania by the Romanian Football Federation as their most outstanding player of the past 50 years. In 2004, he was named by Pelé as one of the 125 Greatest Living Footballers at a FIFA Awards Ceremony. Hagi is one of the few footballers to have played for both Spanish rival clubs Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Anyone who has had the honour of watching this guy in his prime will know how good he was. Hagi was one of those attacking midfielders that, back in the day, everyone wanted. Someone who could dribble, take a shot and pick a pass. He's one of the most famous Eastern Europeans to ever play the game, and he's called the King back in Romania. Rightfully so as well with 125 caps.

GheorgheHagi_OverviewProfile-3_zpsd431a704.png

Even today many rate Soviet player Lev Yashin as the greatest goalkeeper in the history of soccer. Nicknamed “The Black Spider” for his incredible agility and trademark black jersey, Yashin won numerous titles, yet never lost his common touch.

In the 1990s, FIFA named great Soviet goalkeeper Lev Yashin the best of the 20th century. He, together with Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Bobby Charlton, and Eusébio, became part of an all-time world team selected by the world’s soccer and journalistic associations.

Lev Yashin was known throughout the world as the “Black Panther” because of his unusual black uniform, agility and acrobatic leaps. His other nicknames were “Black Spider” or “Black Octopus,” owing to his ability to reach balls from long distances.

Lev Yashin’s style of play designated a new era in the art of goalkeeping. He had superb coordination and his reactions were quick as lightning. Yashin’s ability to predict the run of the game helped him to choose the best position to take on the pitch. Some of his tactics were innovatory, later becoming traditional goalkeeping techniques. For instance, Lev Yashin was one of the first goalkeepers to pass the ball to his players with a throw instead of a kick. He would also often venture outside his area during play, to support his team-mates. Football experts still often accredit these two tactics to Yashin.

Yashin is considered by many to be the greatest goalkeeper of all time.

Yashin appeared in four World Cups from 1958 to 1970, and in 2002 was chosen on the FIFA Dream Team of the history of World Cups. In 1994 he was chosen for the FIFA World Cup All-Time Team, and in 1998 was chosen a member of the World Team of the 20th Century. He made over 150 penalty saves and kept over 270 clean sheets in his career, winning a Gold medal at the 1956 Olympic football tournament, and won the 1960 European Championships. In 1963, Yashin was named the European Footballer of the Year, the only goalkeeper ever to receive the award. He was voted the best goalkeeper of the 20th century by the IFFHS.

With this guy in goal, you can always count on a clean sheet!

LevYashin_OverviewProfile_zpsb47c097c.png

wow ,great database. I wanna ask several question

1.those footballer come from different era.what tactic we would use? classic 2-3-5 , 3-2-5, or modern one?

2.what position u gave to alfredo di stefano? jorge campos?

thanks a lot for creatign this amazing things

Hi Adsuperjenius,

Thank you for your questions.

The answer is to use modern tactics because these legends are back playing in the modern world, so they would need to adapt to the new tactics and new environment.

Of course it might be a bit of culture shock for some players given the change in refereeing however again they will need to learn to adapt.

A lot of these players would of had no problems adapting to any tactic, they were just told how to play and this is no different, you tell them which tactic you want them to play and they will do it for you.

Alfredo - I have done a feature on here, see if you can find him! He plays any position, he is one of the most versatile players ever. A natural AMC and Striker though.

Campos - Eccentric fellow but 130 caps for Mexico! Legend for sure. He is a natural Goalkeeper and a natural Striker. The Legend goes he would start a game in goal and finish it in attack and rotate between the 2 positions, the ultimate sweeper keeper but he took it to a whole other level!!

Your Welcome! Thank you for your feedback! Hopefully you enjoy the ultimate legends and stars game once it is released! :thup:

Hi Adsuperjenius,

Thank you for your questions.

The answer is to use modern tactics because these legends are back playing in the modern world, so they would need to adapt to the new tactics and new environment.

Of course it might be a bit of culture shock for some players given the change in refereeing however again they will need to learn to adapt.

A lot of these players would of had no problems adapting to any tactic, they were just told how to play and this is no different, you tell them which tactic you want them to play and they will do it for you.

Alfredo - I have done a feature on here, see if you can find him! He plays any position, he is one of the most versatile players ever. A natural AMC and Striker though.

Campos - Eccentric fellow but 130 caps for Mexico! Legend for sure. He is a natural Goalkeeper and a natural Striker. The Legend goes he would start a game in goal and finish it in attack and rotate between the 2 positions, the ultimate sweeper keeper but he took it to a whole other level!!

Your Welcome! Thank you for your feedback! Hopefully you enjoy the ultimate legends and stars game once it is released! :thup:

good answer.now,it gave me another question tought

1.Classic game and modern game, are very different. the player ,if we put onto modern,may change to another position.

for example, classic forward. we know there is Inside-forward in wm or mw formation. This inside forward, would drop deep to help midfield.on modern game,would they become ST or AMC? seems its amc,but I didnt see any inside forward role in AMC position on newer FM :(

also, classic wing half.where they would put for modern game? I still not clear wheter they are limited full backs , or complete wing backs

2.About alfredo, is there any ppm "move everywhere on the pitch" . Im so curious how you made this man on FM :)

3.Jorge campos, could FM made player ,a goalkeeper who could also be an outfield player?

4.and about older era player. u say your database come from 1880 era. how did you scout player before 1954? there isnt much video about soccer, especially before 1950,almost no complete video happen there..

thanks lot for your answer :)

1.Classic game and modern game, are very different. the player ,if we put onto modern,may change to another position.

for example, classic forward. we know there is Inside-forward in wm or mw formation. This inside forward, would drop deep to help midfield.on modern game,would they become ST or AMC? seems its amc,but I didnt see any inside forward role in AMC position on newer FM

also, classic wing half.where they would put for modern game? I still not clear wheter they are limited full backs , or complete wing backs

You can have 'inside forward' in the AMC position, it's just uncommon. There is no 'perfect' way to translate defunct positions into modern football, but the game hasn't changed that much, it's still 11 guys using movement and space to kick a sphere into a net, so there is always room to negotiate in terms of what role they should be able to play. For me, when I read about a classic inside forward, I'm basically reading about what we would now describe as an attacking midfielder with goal scoring instincts.

Wing halfs are defensive midfielders with a bit of left and right wing back mixed into the equation. That is one position that just doesn't exist any more in its old form, but whether they're complete or limited etc depends on the individual attributes of each player I would have thought.

good answer.now,it gave me another question tought

for example, classic forward. we know there is Inside-forward in wm or mw formation. This inside forward, would drop deep to help midfield.on modern game,would they become ST or AMC? seems its amc,but I didnt see any inside forward role in AMC position on newer FM :(

2.About alfredo, is there any ppm "move everywhere on the pitch" . Im so curious how you made this man on FM :)

3.Jorge campos, could FM made player ,a goalkeeper who could also be an outfield player?

4.and about older era player. u say your database come from 1880 era. how did you scout player before 1954? there isnt much video about soccer, especially before 1950,almost no complete video happen there..

thanks lot for your answer :)

Of course positions have changed down the years and we have to use common sense and creativity too when we look at the previous position of a player and then decide where that would most likely have played, had they been alive today. In some cases it is very clear, and outside left or right is a winger left or right for example, it could also be the position of a modern day inside forward.....

This is very much my take on things so I have used research, common sense and been creative as well, before deciding on each players positions. For me a centre forward stays in the centre, an inside forward just shifts slightly to the left or right of centre and cuts inside and you are right in the sense that that exact position is not catered for in FM, but for me an inside forward could play both on either wing and then cut inside depending on if he in a left inside or a right inside or both as the case may be and I would also imagine them to be quite comfortable if not natural in the centre forward role as well, again each player is unique and different and only after extensive research can these decisions be made.

The inside forward could also mean that they played in the AMC position, it just depends on the player. The thing is that they were not as advanced as the central striker, they played further back and either to the left, right or centre in some cases and cut inside towards the goal. It is very much all about interpretations.

Wing Halfs were like wing backs or defensive midfielders, and later on when formations changed, they could be full backs as well, again this depends on each player individually and the tactics they were told and taught to play by the coaches.

I have provided a feature on Alfredo, as you can see, he can play anywhere on the pitch except Goalkeeper.

He has the following preferred moves:

Runs with ball everywhere

Shoots with Power

Runs with ball often

Comes Deep to get ball

Dictates Tempo

Knocks ball past opponent.

I have test him extensively and I am happy that he is ready.

It is possible to make a goalkeeper who is also an outfield player and I have done so.....

This is the Ultimate Football show, it doesn't come from the 1800's era, It comes from the present era, but includes Legends and Stars from the 1800's to the present day, I have searched extensively, and spent a long time on researching, online and public resources and you would be surprised what information is available if you search hard enough... I have used reports, newspaper, media, online, offline, private research, public reports, public opinion and public libraries, including inside sources and my own existing knowledge, to research the required information and if there has not been enough information on a player, then I have not been able to reproduce that player... however I am happy to say that it is only rare cases where the information has not been found. it just takes a lot of extra work and dedication to bring this massive project into a reality which we are now very close to doing. :thup:

Furthermore as I have said before, the whole community has been really helpful in offering advice and support as well and finally, thank you for raising these excellent points, and please note that even when the project is complete, I welcome all feedback and will be happy to update further as required, as a massive project like this is never perfected, there are always improvements, debate, opinion and of course we can work on those and decide together on what they may be when the time arrives.

In the meantime, if you do have any further thoughts and questions then please do not hesitate to ask. :thup:

You can have 'inside forward' in the AMC position, it's just uncommon. There is no 'perfect' way to translate defunct positions into modern football, but the game hasn't changed that much, it's still 11 guys using movement and space to kick a sphere into a net, so there is always room to negotiate in terms of what role they should be able to play. For me, when I read about a classic inside forward, I'm basically reading about what we would now describe as an attacking midfielder with goal scoring instincts.

Wing halfs are defensive midfielders with a bit of left and right wing back mixed into the equation. That is one position that just doesn't exist any more in its old form, but whether they're complete or limited etc depends on the individual attributes of each player I would have thought.

Yes, this is true. :thup:

As I said you need to decide if it is not clear, where they would have played, had they been alive today and what positions they were 'most likely' to have played in. i.e (Creativity!)

Yes, this is true. :thup:

As I said you need to decide if it is not clear, where they would have played, had they been alive today and what positions they were 'most likely' to have played in. i.e (Creativity!)

Yeah exactly, and we'll never really know how their role would translate to the modern day because they are from a different era. These aren't real players though, they are interpretations of our own limited understanding of the numbers we use to bring long dead footballers back to life through the medium of FM.

Hi French was wondering if this goal machine is in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Bambrick

A

nother link you might find useful http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top_association_football_goal_scorers_by_country

Hi Izagooner,

I will be researching Joe Bambrick and hopefully I will do a feature on him once he has been created. :thup:

Thanks for the link and I will be going over it in more detail as I find all links with this kind of information very useful. I wouldn't want to miss any legend or star out!

If you have any more gems like Bambrick, please do let me know.. :thup:

Ryan Giggs

Ian Rush

Neville Southall

Gareth Bale

John Charles

Billy Meredith

Gary Speed

Cliff Jones

Grenville Morris (who has been featured on here)

Ron Burgess (Starred for Spurs in the Sixties)

and do you remember? Leighton James

Of course there are many more good welsh players, but these are the ones of most note. Also, there may be more once the game is completed that I haven't got round to yet!

I don't remember Leighton James, just looking him up he was just coming to the end of his career as I was starting pre-school, so I guess that explains my lack of knowledge there.

That's a good mix of players, and I'm glad it's not all of them! For what it's worth, I would consider Jack Kelsey, Mike England, Kevin Ratcliffe, Joey Jones, Mel Charles, Mark Hughes, Trevor Ford and Terry Medwin.

Also, have you considered making Jimmy Murphy the Wales manager as his dual role with Man Utd as assistant? He was easily the best manager Wales ever had, we qualified for our only World Cup with him in charge.

Yeah exactly, and we'll never really know how their role would translate to the modern day because they are from a different era. These aren't real players though, they are interpretations of our own limited understanding of the numbers we use to bring long dead footballers back to life through the medium of FM.

Exactly, we can do the best we can to get as close as possible to the reality but because it is a different era, we can never get total perfection in every case, we must strive for being close but accept that we are limited through the medium of FM to the positions available to use in the game..:thup:

I don't remember Leighton James, just looking him up he was just coming to the end of his career as I was starting pre-school, so I guess that explains my lack of knowledge there.

That's a good mix of players, and I'm glad it's not all of them! For what it's worth, I would consider Jack Kelsey, Mike England, Kevin Ratcliffe, Joey Jones, Mel Charles, Mark Hughes, Trevor Ford and Terry Medwin.

Also, have you considered making Jimmy Murphy the Wales manager as his dual role with Man Utd as assistant? He was easily the best manager Wales ever had, we qualified for our only World Cup with him in charge.

Hi Benny,

In regards to Jack Kelsey, I looked for two keepers for Arsenal and I chose David Seaman and Frank Moss! However I did create Jack and he will be available on a free transfer when the game starts.

Mark Hughes is at Manchester United, albeit only 15 years old!

Mike England is at Spurs - Check the Spurs Squad...

Kevin Radcliffe, Joey Jones, Mel Charles, Trevor Ford and Terry Medwin are on my list to research and create as well.

Jimmy Murphy will be there as well :thup:

It is worth a lot as if they are not already on my list, I will add them to my list to research and they will be available when the game is released or in the first update after the game has been released. :thup:

Do you have a master list, Fenech? Perhaps we can look for ones you may have missed, rather than repeating names you already have?

Hi Benny,

I do not have a master list unfortunately as there are currently 1089 Legends and Stars and counting, however I don't mind you repeating names I already have, you are not to know that I already have them, and if you mention the name, it takes me no time at all to check if I have them so keep them coming!!

You can also check the relevant squads if the teams they played for have been released, but I realise that it might just be quicker to ask as well, so please feel free to do so anytime! :thup:

I do not have a master list unfortunately as there are currently 1089 Legends and Stars and counting, however I don't mind you repeating names I already have, you are not to know that I already have them, and if you mention the name, it takes me no time at all to check if I have them so keep them coming!!

OK, no worries. Here's some names who might have been missed. They might not even be worth considering, but that's up to you:

Robin Friday, Jim Baxter, George Weah, Jari Litmanen, John Giles, Dixie Dean, Sjaak Swart, Eddie Colman, Matt Le Tissier, JayJay Okocha, Abedi Pele, Lucas Radebe, Hossam Hassan

Anyone in this list: http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/may/27/the-world-cups-top-100-footballers-of-all-time-interactive

OK, no worries. Here's some names who might have been missed. They might not even be worth considering, but that's up to you:

Robin Friday, Jim Baxter, George Weah, Jari Litmanen, John Giles, Dixie Dean, Sjaak Swart, Eddie Colman, Matt Le Tissier, JayJay Okocha, Abedi Pele, Lucas Radebe, Hossam Hassan

Anyone in this list: http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/may/27/the-world-cups-top-100-footballers-of-all-time-interactive

Robin Friday - To be researched

Jim Baxter - Is 21 at Rangers

George Weah - Is 22 at Monaco

Jari Litmanen - Is 24 at Ajax

Jonny Giles - Is 23 at Leeds

Dixie Dean - Is 22 at Everton

Sjaak Swart - is 18 at Ajax

Eddie Colman - To Be researched

Matt Le Tissier - is 23 at Southampton

JayJay Okocha - is 19 at Frankfurt

Abedi Pele - 23 at Marseille

Lucas Radebe - 25 at Leeds United

Hossam Hassan - To be created shortly..

The link you provided is excellent and I will be ensure all those footballers are there as well if they are not already there. :thup:

Hi fenech hows the database going do you have much more to do you tbink ull release it this week????????

At the moment I don't have a definite release date but it is coming soon! I am in Scotland at the moment.

Of course positions have changed down the years and we have to use common sense and creativity too when we look at the previous position of a player and then decide where that would most likely have played, had they been alive today. In some cases it is very clear, and outside left or right is a winger left or right for example, it could also be the position of a modern day inside forward.....

This is very much my take on things so I have used research, common sense and been creative as well, before deciding on each players positions. For me a centre forward stays in the centre, an inside forward just shifts slightly to the left or right of centre and cuts inside and you are right in the sense that that exact position is not catered for in FM, but for me an inside forward could play both on either wing and then cut inside depending on if he in a left inside or a right inside or both as the case may be and I would also imagine them to be quite comfortable if not natural in the centre forward role as well, again each player is unique and different and only after extensive research can these decisions be made.

The inside forward could also mean that they played in the AMC position, it just depends on the player. The thing is that they were not as advanced as the central striker, they played further back and either to the left, right or centre in some cases and cut inside towards the goal. It is very much all about interpretations.

Wing Halfs were like wing backs or defensive midfielders, and later on when formations changed, they could be full backs as well, again this depends on each player individually and the tactics they were told and taught to play by the coaches.

I have provided a feature on Alfredo, as you can see, he can play anywhere on the pitch except Goalkeeper.

He has the following preferred moves:

Runs with ball everywhere

Shoots with Power

Runs with ball often

Comes Deep to get ball

Dictates Tempo

Knocks ball past opponent.

I have test him extensively and I am happy that he is ready.

It is possible to make a goalkeeper who is also an outfield player and I have done so.....

This is the Ultimate Football show, it doesn't come from the 1800's era, It comes from the present era, but includes Legends and Stars from the 1800's to the present day, I have searched extensively, and spent a long time on researching, online and public resources and you would be surprised what information is available if you search hard enough... I have used reports, newspaper, media, online, offline, private research, public reports, public opinion and public libraries, including inside sources and my own existing knowledge, to research the required information and if there has not been enough information on a player, then I have not been able to reproduce that player... however I am happy to say that it is only rare cases where the information has not been found. it just takes a lot of extra work and dedication to bring this massive project into a reality which we are now very close to doing. :thup:

Furthermore as I have said before, the whole community has been really helpful in offering advice and support as well and finally, thank you for raising these excellent points, and please note that even when the project is complete, I welcome all feedback and will be happy to update further as required, as a massive project like this is never perfected, there are always improvements, debate, opinion and of course we can work on those and decide together on what they may be when the time arrives.

In the meantime, if you do have any further thoughts and questions then please do not hesitate to ask. :thup:

thanks a lot. its really fantastic answer.

how about outside left, and outside left? I didnt know much about them.but reading in bigsoccer and wikipedia, their main job is dribbling the touchline ,and do crossing when they cant dribbling anymore.this would mean,they are winger, with no hesistate to cut inside. and would play as his prefered foot (left footed would always play left side , and right footed always at right side)

this issue actually still hapen for 90's .imagine we almst never see giggs play as right midfield (except 99 champion final when MU didnt have enough wide player, and some of his ocassionaly changed position with ronaldo) . beckham would always play right side. not many winger able to play both side

but at the current time, many player, almost all of winger would able to play, both right and left side. tought some of them not that versatile, lets say antonie griezman,jesus navas

so ,how did you do analys ,to know ,could this outside left play on right wing on modern formation ,etc?

I also curious about how did you look for source. As there arent many videos before 50 era, how could we know some spesific attribute of player, like composure, preffered moves, concentration,etc ?

what source did you used? would you share them to us?

thanks a lot !

how about santillana ?did you create him?

btw,ur screenshoot is somewhat too small. I cant read the player list for long time :(

how about outside left, and outside left? I didnt know much about them.but reading in bigsoccer and wikipedia, their main job is dribbling the touchline ,and do crossing when they cant dribbling anymore.this would mean,they are winger, with no hesistate to cut inside. and would play as his prefered foot (left footed would always play left side , and right footed always at right side)

this issue actually still hapen for 90's .imagine we almst never see giggs play as right midfield (except 99 champion final when MU didnt have enough wide player, and some of his ocassionaly changed position with ronaldo) . beckham would always play right side. not many winger able to play both side

but at the current time, many player, almost all of winger would able to play, both right and left side. tought some of them not that versatile, lets say antonie griezman,jesus navas

so ,how did you do analys ,to know ,could this outside left play on right wing on modern formation ,etc?

I also curious about how did you look for source. As there arent many videos before 50 era, how could we know some spesific attribute of player, like composure, preffered moves, concentration,etc ?

thanks a lot !

I know you're not asking me, but I do know the answer to one of your questions. An outside left just means an orthodox left winger who hugs the touchline, beats his man and whips in a cross. Most (arguably) modern wingers can play both sides, but I think Fenech is trying to bring these players into modern football as they might have been if they were playing in the modern age, rather than looking at modern roles and working backwards, so an outside left wouldn't need to be able to play on the right wing, only the left... if that makes sense?

thanks a lot !

it depends on the players and research. A winger will hug the touchline and provide crosses for the strikers. In the old days, wingers were called outside lefts and outside rights.

If the research says that they played on both sides, although not always natural on both sides, e.g. A left sided winger could play on the left side naturally. they could also have the ability to do a job on the right side, its the same role, just on a different side of the pitch, but they would not be as effective as when they on their natural side.

It is also the case that if they play in that position and then cut inside, it is actually better for right footed footballers to cut in from the left wing and left footed footballers to cut in from the right wing..

it depends on the player and the role and how the coach wants them to play.

I use reports, newspaper, media, online, offline, private research, public reports, public opinion and public libraries, including inside sources and my own existing knowledge, to research the required information, extensive research, public opinion, full biographies / Books / Histories / Periodic Analysis etc. etc. There are just too many sources used to list and different players may require totally different sources.

I think you would be surprised what information you can find if you look hard enough. :thup:

I read about Man Utd . have some question, or tought

1. seems that this team lackof right back.garry nevile is too young, and dennis irwin, didnt play as right back? his best was left back.but I seen him ocasionally play as right back. if Im not wrong, when ireland face italy on 94 world cup, irwin as right back there

2.left back also,beside irwin, just seen youngster there. why not made him older, or add garry nevile?

3.too many strikers maybe

4.didnt young scholes play as stikers?wikipedia says that, but I dont know in reality,did him play AMC, or strikers?

5.And ronaldo, I dont think he able to play ml . maybe he could do MR. but at ml, he would not cut inside.but ronaldo without cut inside from left, I didnt see much he can do. his crossing is bad, he didnt do much cut back from left,but maybe from right position..

and,do you had created AC milan?me curious to see them.

I know you're not asking me, but I do know the answer to one of your questions. An outside left just means an orthodox left winger who hugs the touchline, beats his man and whips in a cross. Most (arguably) modern wingers can play both sides, but I think Fenech is trying to bring these players into modern football as they might have been if they were playing in the modern age, rather than looking at modern roles and working backwards, so an outside left wouldn't need to be able to play on the right wing, only the left... if that makes sense?

well, my question is free for everybody to answer. It would really help me to improve my football knowledge

yes that made sense.

it depends on the players and research. A winger will hug the touchline and provide crosses for the strikers. In the old days, wingers were called outside lefts and outside rights.

If the research says that they played on both sides, although not always natural on both sides, e.g. A left sided winger could play on the left side naturally. they could also have the ability to do a job on the right side, its the same role, just on a different side of the pitch, but they would not be as effective as when they on their natural side.

It is also the case that if they play in that position and then cut inside, it is actually better for right footed footballers to cut in from the left wing and left footed footballers to cut in from the right wing..

it depends on the player and the role and how the coach wants them to play.

I use reports, newspaper, media, online, offline, private research, public reports, public opinion and public libraries, including inside sources and my own existing knowledge, to research the required information, extensive research, public opinion, full biographies / Books / Histories / Periodic Analysis etc. etc. There are just too many sources used to list and different players may require totally different sources.

I think you would be surprised what information you can find if you look hard enough. :thup:

I had big interest of football history, and look for the development of football. but not many source I found. especially for analysing player. what I found mostly is about formation, legend player (but just few) ,and football rule. also some football accident. So I forced to save my curiousity about footballer. I have question over 2 year ,like , how javier zanetti do help attack while his passing and crossing not that good,also bad finishing . how ronaldo could score many goal, since his dribbling would not let him pas as many player as he can, why young pirlo started at trequarista, what kind of player sindeelar was, how di stefano do tackle ,etc..

I read about Man Utd . have some question, or tought

1. seems that this team lackof right back.garry nevile is too young, and dennis irwin, didnt play as right back? his best was left back.but I seen him ocasionally play as right back. if Im not wrong, when ireland face italy on 94 world cup, irwin as right back there

2.left back also,beside irwin, just seen youngster there. why not made him older, or add garry nevile?

3.too many strikers maybe

4.didnt young scholes play as stikers?wikipedia says that, but I dont know in reality,did him play AMC, or strikers?

5.And ronaldo, I dont think he able to play ml . maybe he could do MR. but at ml, he would not cut inside.but ronaldo without cut inside from left, I didnt see much he can do. his crossing is bad, he didnt do much cut back from left,but maybe from right position..

and,do you had created AC milan?me curious to see them.

Hi Adsuperjenius,

Thank you for raising these points.

Players are generally at the club at the exact age they joined those clubs, a lot of Manchester players came through the youth systems and that is why they are young. The very top players will be coming into their prime however and will be a little bit older.

The only thing I will guarantee is that every players who is at their club, was at that club at that age and this can be easily verified via Wikipedia and other online sources.

Dennis Irwin is a natural left back, he can play right back but he is not a natural, you would need to train him to be more comfortable in that position. The same applies to Scholes, you could use him in attack but he is a natural AMC. In regards to Ronaldo he is a natural Right Winger, he can play other positions but he is not natural in other positions, only as a right winger

The squad is very balanced, there are only 5 strikers. I have created A.C. Milan which you can find featured on here. :thup:

This is exactly what I am trying to do. :thup:

Hi izagooner,

Many thanks, the more links the better, that way I wont miss anyone out!

I will be creating Jimmy next, I have already researched him.

I am doing Billy McNeill at the moment!

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. :thup:

Hi izagooner,

Many thanks, the more links the better, that way I wont miss anyone out!

I will be creating Jimmy next, I have already researched him.

I am doing Billy McNeill at the moment!

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. :thup:

No problem happy to try and help

Hi French have you recreated Preston North End's "The Invincibles"

this guy might be a good starting point if you havent also another good scot as thats what your looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Ross_(footballer,_born_1866)

Hi Izagooner,

I will be looking at Preston in more detail and If they are not out by the official game release, they will be included in the first updates....They did do the double so I have been thinking about them. They were the first invincibles!

Thanks for the link on Jimmy Ross, much appreciated. :thup:

Hi Adsuperjenius,

Thank you for raising these points.

Players are generally at the club at the exact age they joined those clubs, a lot of Manchester players came through the youth systems and that is why they are young. The very top players will be coming into their prime however and will be a little bit older.

The only thing I will guarantee is that every players who is at their club, was at that club at that age and this can be easily verified via Wikipedia and other online sources.

Dennis Irwin is a natural left back, he can play right back but he is not a natural, you would need to train him to be more comfortable in that position. The same applies to Scholes, you could use him in attack but he is a natural AMC. In regards to Ronaldo he is a natural Right Winger, he can play other positions but he is not natural in other positions, only as a right winger

The squad is very balanced, there are only 5 strikers. I have created A.C. Milan which you can find featured on here. :thup:

well good then.still curious,how come ronaldo could play ML ? tought he only could do AML when on left side..

btw the ac milan,had you already post it? cant find it.

well, my question is free for everybody to answer. It would really help me to improve my football knowledge....I had big interest of football history, and look for the development of football. but not many source I found. especially for analysing player. what I found mostly is about formation, legend player (but just few) ,and football rule. also some football accident. So I forced to save my curiousity about footballer. I have question over 2 year ,like , how javier zanetti do help attack while his passing and crossing not that good,also bad finishing . how ronaldo could score many goal, since his dribbling would not let him pas as many player as he can, why young pirlo started at trequarista, what kind of player sindeelar was, how di stefano do tackle ,etc..

If you want to expand your football theory knowledge, Ad, I would recommend reading "Inverting the Pyramid" by Jonathan Wilson. It looks at the history of football tactics and will take you through all of the innovations and nuances so you can see how a wing half became a defensive midfielder, or how inside forwards dropped deeper in search of space. I learned so much from that book!

To go back to something you said earlier, to gain some information about footballers from the past to translate into FM14, your best bet is to read primary material and see what people were saying about players at the time. For example, let's look at a description of Garrincha...

Garrincha is renowned for his remarkable ball control, imagination, dribbling skills and ability to create something from nothing. He also possessed a ferocious shot with either foot and was a gifted dead ball specialist known for free kicks and corners taken with the outside of his foot. However, it was his astonishing dribbling skills he was most famous for, a skill he retained throughout his career.

Adored by the Brazilian public due to his innocence, carefree attitude and ability to entertain in making fools of opposing players, Garrincha was referred to as; "Joy of the People".[/url] , his Brazil teammate, stated; "He had a childish spirit. Garrincha was football's answer to ."

What does this mean in FM?

Ball control = first touch, dribbling, 'runs with ball often' PPM

imagination = flair, creativity, perhaps 'tried killer balls often' PPM

ferocious shot = 'shoots with power' PPM, maybe a high number for long range shots

dead ball specialist = good stats for corners, free kicks

innocence/care free attitude = light-hearted personality (sportsmanship/pressure =>14, determination/temperament = 9)

And that's just 1 quote! Once you've read a few, you can get a good idea of how to 'build' a player in FM and from there, it's just a case of testing and seeing if they play like you would expect them to.

Archived