Really hard to play on lower league?

Hi, i'm getting some issues playing FMH 2014 on lower league.

I usually like to play with an unknown team from lower league and bring them to the top.

On FMH 2013 I recruit young players for free and loan some good players as well. With this method I was able to bring Real Union to the first spanish league and to Euro cup in 4 years.

On FMH 2014, there are no young player for free, which is more realistic I have to admit, but nobody wants to loan their players to me. I am nom playing with Whitehawk and trying hard to loan good players, i always offers 100% of the salary. The only players that accept to be loan are worse than mine. I've tryed with players that worth 1M, 500k, 100k and even 50k...the only that accepted worth 4k...

So I only recruit players from my reserve team. I'm now 1st on Skrill South at mid season, but I'm losing all my plays right now.

If you guys have some advice it would be really nice because I love the new design of FMH 2014 but I enjoy more playing with 2013.

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

And now even players from my reserve team refuses my contract. How is that possible? ^^ (The good ones, who would help me a lot don't want contract)

And for some reason I can't offer contract to players with a finishing contract.

• SI Staff

Finishing contract - are they retiring; if so then they won't be interested in resigning unless you can convince them to hold off their retirement a while (there will be an option to ask in their actions menu).

The lowest leagues are very different to the upper leagues, especially in the first couple of seasons when you'll find it hard to attract players. I'd recommend signing players who are freed by the upper division clubs, most will find other options but now and again you'll snare one - also promote 'grey players' from your reserve side who have good physical attributes as in the lowest divisions often just being physically adept is enough to compete.

• SI Staff

PS - players at larger professional clubs won't be interested in going to a semi-professional club on loan generally, this is simply because they won't learn anything or improve their conditioning if they go from training full-time to part-time - the only ones who 'might' consider that move are those who have been told they've no future (ie. transfer listed) and are desperate to move on.

Thanks for your answer! This is definitly harder than FMH 2013 where I was able to recruit amazing young players for free. :p

I guess i'll have to try harder. But can you explain me why sometimes my grey players doesn't want to be promoted?

I've seen a couple of guys who would be perfect for my first team but they refused my promotion and now they just disapeared from my reserve team.

I've just tried to get that message back but it didn't appear today (and i've promote all my reserve team).

It don't remenber the exact message but it said something like XX (Name of player) doesn't want to sign a full time contract for now.

It generally appear when i'm trying to promote a player with a really good potential (same level or better than my first team), I just can't offer him a contract and a few days/weeks after, the player just disappear from my reserve team.

Use your scout network wisely. Look who is on the free transfer list, especially at the end of the season when the contracts run out. Ive taken Annan Athletic from Scottish Div 3 to Scottish Prem in 5years by mainly free transfers ive picked up at the end of seasons and some decent loan signings. Hope that helps!

I like the idea of the greys in the reserve squad being promoted, and I'd really like to use it in the lower leagues, but the fact that the greys change every day means I tend to ignore it as an option else I'd spend the whole game time hunting through hordes of greys in case I missed the game-changing gem.

Is this on purpose, or is there a thought in the future to making these greys a little more persistent?

Archived