Shocking runs of form...

Been playing in Skrill South with Boreham Wood, can't manage to win the league in first season and I keep starting a new game in order to do this.

I've managed to find a tactic and squad that I am happy with and should be able to get me through the season, I normally start off well, most recent one started off undefeated in first 7 games (6w/1d). Then went 5 games without a win (4l/1d), (including two vs Herne Bay in the FA Cup qualifiers - A team like mine should be swatting them aside, I have noticed that I very rarely perform in any cup competition).

In a previous save my season fell apart with three wins from 10 games at the business end (was convinced I had finally cracked it).

Is there anyway to stop a loss from turning into 5 on the bounce - As you can imagine, its very frustrating when you see your team destroy teams, then forget what a football is when Herne Bay turn up at your ground.

Would appreciate any advice.

I don't know whether its because the game has a way of getting used to your tactics if you seem to be doing well, but I normally find a change in tactics/formation gives the opponents something new to think about.

In my Huddersfield save I was predicted to finish 17th- I started well but then lost about 5 in a row, changed the system and ended up winning 7 concecutively. I then lost 4 in a row so I changed the system back to what it was and won another few concecutive games. I ended up finishing 4th and getting promoted. Unlike previous versions, I haven't managed to develop a tactic that performs consistently, which does **** me off a little!

Thanks dude, good to know I am not the only one!

Not a guaranteed method, it could easily make things worse! But in that situation, where there seemed like no way out, I just changed things up and hoped for the best!

I normally have about 3 different systems being trained just incase I need to make a change. That way you won't be changed to an unfamiliar setup when you need a result

Not a guaranteed method, it could easily make things worse! But in that situation, where there seemed like no way out, I just changed things up and hoped for the best!

I normally have about 3 different systems being trained just incase I need to make a change. That way you won't be changed to an unfamiliar setup when you need a result

Do you just change to one of your three tactics randomly or is the one you change to a "simpler" tactic?

Do you just change to one of your three tactics randomly or is the one you change to a "simpler" tactic?

I try and keep the actual tactics/system similar but have alternative formations & philosophy if I want to play a bit more rigidly for example. To answer your question, if I have quite a fluid tactic that is stuck in a slump, I would most likely look to play more rigidly and have more control over the players. However I would only use this as a short term fix to get results back on track. If my players are more suited to a fluid style I would want to get them back to suitable tactics asap

I try and keep the actual tactics/system similar but have alternative formations & philosophy if I want to play a bit more rigidly for example. To answer your question, if I have quite a fluid tactic that is stuck in a slump, I would most likely look to play more rigidly and have more control over the players. However I would only use this as a short term fix to get results back on track. If my players are more suited to a fluid style I would want to get them back to suitable tactics asap

That does make sense. In a slump, players will lose confidence. It's hard to play fancy, one-touch, 100mph football if you're not confident, as an example. You're changing to something simpler, which would be easier to pull off while their confidence is low and when they get their belief back, you switch to your other tactic. Seems very reasonable to me. :thup:

That does make sense. In a slump, players will lose confidence. It's hard to play fancy, one-touch, 100mph football if you're not confident, as an example. You're changing to something simpler, which would be easier to pull off while their confidence is low and when they get their belief back, you switch to your other tactic. Seems very reasonable to me. :thup:

Then what does one do amidst a losing streak while already playing with a simple/rigid tactic? There is a little bit of hopelessness that sets in.

Then what does one do amidst a losing streak while already playing with a simple/rigid tactic? There is a little bit of hopelessness that sets in.

Just to clear things up, if it wasn't; I said simpler tactic. Nothing to do with Fluidity.

That's an extremely general question to which I don't think there's a simple answer. You don't say if you're a strong team who are not supposed to be losing regularly or a weak team, where this would be normal. Everyone wants help, but don't give out any information. In most cases, it's a case of "use better tactics".

RedRock1986. Your squad "fell apart" at the death and you have also " rarely perform in any cup competition".

This makes me think of 2 things.

1. Hidden important matches attribute.

2. Squad personality. (Possibly lacking in professionalism).

As well as looking at the above, I do other things that you may or may not want to consider.

1. If you have 2 matches at an important part of the season, then it might be better to identify 1 game that you will go "strong" in and really focus on winning, and possibly even play a weakened team in the other game and try just to eke out a draw. Winning 1 and losing 1 gives you 3 points. That's a damn sight better than 2 draws or even a draw and a loss. As long as you win the targeted game then it's fine, and any morale hit taken by the players in the 2nd game, will likely have less of an impact because they will be fringe players. This has the double bonus of keeping your best players fresh and also stopping them from getting hit by morale loss after the lost.

2. Linked to this, if you have a main target of promotion, then just completely ignore all Cup competitions, (no matter how enticed you might be). Just stick in the kids/Reserves and rest your starting XI for every single Cup game. You are after promotion so nothing else counts. When you get promoted then you might want to swap that around and try to target a Cup the next season, but be disciplined and concentrate on your primary target.

3. Sometimes defence is the best form of attack. If you start well then it makes you a target. The AI sees you doing well and possibly sets out to be more defensive against you. Maybe by adopting a more defensive strategy you can sneak under the radar a bit.

4. Tell Coxy not to shoot and take that stupid head-guard off. :lol:

A team of youngsters or just one with no standout leaders will tend to choke, especially in the last couple of months. Sometimes a loss of form is because your tactics have been found out, or you're just using the same tactic and have come against a run of similar-level sides who require different tactics to beat.

If you're challenging for the title but struggling against nobodies in the cup, the problems seems to be that you're using the same tactics. Perhaps in the cup against nobodies you should be playing super attacking football as they're probably parking the bus, for just one possible example.

i am really suggling on my save. now i am on my 3rd club in 3 season. mine second one eastboure boro in the league i played 9 w0 d3 l6 i tryed everything to no good. now on my 3rd club and in the last 4 games i lost 2 nil,4-1,5-1 and 4-1 again i just cant get them winning

i am really suggling on my save. now i am on my 3rd club in 3 season. mine second one eastboure boro in the league i played 9 w0 d3 l6 i tryed everything to no good. now on my 3rd club and in the last 4 games i lost 2 nil,4-1,5-1 and 4-1 again i just cant get them winning

If you need some advice, the guys in the tactics forum are always keen to help. For a start, read the stickied threads in there. After that, if you still need help, just ask. :thup:

Make sure to watch the games if you're struggling :) I usually play highlights only, but if I see my team struggling, I switch to full match and try to figure out what's going wrong. Can sometimes be as simple as toggling one command.

Example: was going on a good stretch of games, suddenly hit a brick wall, kept losing games. Noticed that passes to wingers get intercepted often and there's too much distance between them and my center midfield. Switch from playing wide to playing narrow - winning run restored for another 10 games :)

To be fair though, I rarely stick to one formation. The opposition definitely learns how to deal with you if you play the same tactic, so I prevent that by never playing the same tactic :) The formations portion of the opposition report is useful in deciding which formation to try.

i read this last night and then went on my save i played 5 games winning 3 and drawing 2 and one of the games i won, i was 2 nil down at half time and won 3-2 really happy. i change the tactics played 442 and tight in the middle it working at the moment

Archived