Steaton's 'Total Annihilation' 4231 - v14.3.1 - Finally Nailed It - Plug and Play

Finished the season having won Quadruple of Premier League, FA Cup, Champs League and Community Shield (yes, it's worthy). I had been knocked out of the League Cup (Mickey Mouse Cup) early on, but no one cares about that anyway!

Some phenomenal results at the end of the season with this tactic. Arsenal 3-0 in Semi of FA Cup, I beat them again 3-0 in Champs League final, albeit after extra time, and they had a penalty saved in normal time! We were all over that game though, would have been dirt to lose to that penalty.

I look after the morale of my team very well and we were riding high at the end of the season, but this is the best tactic I used all season.

Thanks again Steaton.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used this tactic for the start of my 2020-2021 season, it is the best tactic I have ever used.

With a powerful Liverpool squad, I have won every single match so far, the highlight being the Dortmund match of which I won 6-0 with 10 clear cut chances, I have never had that many CCCs ever.

14tc2l5.png

Despite having a powerful squad, last season was a failure for me despite the player quality, but this tactic is making me win.

I have not restarted the save at all nor have I cheated in any way, unless you count using this tactic as cheating.

This is the best tactic I have ever used.

Finished the season having won Quadruple of Premier League, FA Cup, Champs League and Community Shield (yes, it's worthy). I had been knocked out of the League Cup (Mickey Mouse Cup) early on, but no one cares about that anyway!

Some phenomenal results at the end of the season with this tactic. Arsenal 3-0 in Semi of FA Cup, I beat them again 3-0 in Champs League final, albeit after extra time, and they had a penalty saved in normal time! We were all over that game though, would have been dirt to lose to that penalty.

I look after the morale of my team very well and we were riding high at the end of the season, but this is the best tactic I used all season.

Thanks again Steaton.

Hi Thompson how do you set match preparations?

Well Steaton, what can I say. Finished my first season with Villa and finished 6th! I was only 4 points off a CL Spot! Won the LC and reached the semi-final of the FA Cup (lost on pens to Arsenal). Really impressed with this tactic. Gabby bagged 16 league goals from the AML position. Benteke got 23 league goals and loves playing up top with this tactic! Delph and Westwood pulled the strings beautifully in the middle of the Park.

My focus for the second season is pretty much the same. I only have 9 Mill to spend and the squad is still not the best. Hutton, Bent and N'Zogbia have all gone so I have freed up some wages.

Will keep you posted - My favorite tactic on FM14 to date! And I have used alot ;-)

Hi all,

@Steaton congrats again. I've been using Invincible one for long time with different teams and it brought me joy and trophies. However there were some crisis when I lost 3-4 games in a row, then I tried this new tactic and all ended.

Thanks man, I have now motivation again:)

Well, the team were prepping the tactic, but before the big games I went for def positioning. There's usually a goal in this tactic, best to just try and avoid conceding. Bottom line: depends on the opposition.

Hi Thompson how do you set match preparations?

Started using this tactic toward the end of my first Spurs season, managed to win PL, League Cup, FA Cup, and Europa League! My team weren't even fully familiar with the tactic (I was using one previously which is a similar set up formation and tempo wise).

Big fan well done.

for me "marcelo tweaked" is better

I guess many of us who have tried this would disagree with you. Personally I think you just shot your mouth off without playing long enough with it.

Frankly, your oneliner useless comment is not helpful nor does anything to help TS with proper feedback. Distasteful and shows your low class self to demean the new tactic.

I have tried all 3, original invincible, marcelo tweaked and this new one over a few teams and at least 2 seasons.

Most of the feedback and results posted by folks who give it a good run is accurate and true.

I guess many of us who have tried this would disagree with you. Personally I think you just shot your mouth off without playing long enough with it.

Frankly, your oneliner useless comment is not helpful nor does anything to help TS with proper feedback. Distasteful and shows your low class self to demean the new tactic.

I have tried all 3, original invincible, marcelo tweaked and this new one over a few teams and at least 2 seasons.

Most of the feedback and results posted by folks who give it a good run is accurate and true.

For people who are not aware of the 'Marcelo' tweaked version, this comment could actually lead them on to trying it. He hasn't actually 'demeaned' the tactic in anyway. He is merely expressing his opinion. Also to state he has 'low class' because of his statement is a ridiculous statement, I don't think anyone from these forums should be questioning people social integrity?

Back to the tactic, early signs are enjoyable and seems a lot more stable than previous versions in defence, going to continue with Crystal Palace, as I find them a good team to test any tactic with :)

For people who are not aware of the 'Marcelo' tweaked version, this comment could actually lead them on to trying it. He hasn't actually 'demeaned' the tactic in anyway. He is merely expressing his opinion. Also to state he has 'low class' because of his tactic is a ridiculous statement, I don't think anyone from these forums should be questioning people social integrity?

Back to the tactic, early signs are enjoyable and seems a lot more stable than previous versions in defence, going to continue with Crystal Palace, as I find them a good team to test any tactic with :)

Nothing is stopping them to try it. You don't feel that way, doesn't mean I feel the same. My opinion stands. I felt his post is redundent and useless. With intention to demean and shows his class. You don't agree so be it and stfu. It's not your problem, it's mine and his then. I am not TS anyway.

im having a fun game with barca and destroying everyone, but like u said there will still be a few hiccups along the way, which is fair enough, actually now that i think about it Athletic are my spanish bogey team. About the IF'S is it better to hav left foot on right if and right foot on left if, i cant tell cause i use commentary only and pedro is both footed and alexis might as well be, how people finding the wingers? many thanks

Well the jury is still out for me - yet again the defence is very dodgy, throws away 2-3 goal leads. (I have tried other tactics and they are just the same - never been so annoyed with a ME as this year) Last 9 games W4 D2 L3 20-18.

Update - couldn't get the defence to stop leaking goals, and that always gets me annoyed. Thankyou for sharing the tactic but unfortunately it didn't do for my save what it seems to be doing for other players. I rage quitted after awful schoolboy defending in the last game . :p

im having a fun game with barca and destroying everyone, but like u said there will still be a few hiccups along the way, which is fair enough, actually now that i think about it Athletic are my spanish bogey team. About the IF'S is it better to hav left foot on right if and right foot on left if, i cant tell cause i use commentary only and pedro is both footed and alexis might as well be, how people finding the wingers? many thanks

In my experience the best way to go is right footed AMR and vice versa. I have a young AMR, right footed, in my Belgrano team now who hammered in 15 league goals and he is not that spectacular. What I've learned so far is that you'll get more goals from wingers if they are played with right foot in right position etc.

This question gets asked a lot so here is a scenario - I am right footed running fast down the left flank being chased back by a defender, how do I cross? The only way is to stop and turn in then hit the cross in? If I'm left footed can I just run past him down flank and hit the cross without stopping and turning?

Anyway if you think about it cant you work it out - same foot same side is likely to be better for most circumstances, but set piecies is different foot and side for swinging the ball in, otherwise its kinda swinging out which is most times less effective I think.

Steaton - thanks for your relentless testing. I've had some mixed results with chelsea so far: W10 D5 L2, GD+23. Offense has been incredible, but lost the two big matches so far. Usually grab a nice lead, but give it back.

Steaton - thanks for your relentless testing. I've had some mixed results with chelsea so far: W10 D5 L2, GD+23. Offense has been incredible, but lost the two big matches so far. Usually grab a nice lead, but give it back.

Hi, yeah I think I know what causes that kind of stuff, thats usually to do with team talks, if you do extremely well first half and the team isnt used to it they react and you have to manage it by by being a mean muther without upsetting them outside of the match and just get a bitof it in here and there, so not tooo many pleased keep it up also some complacent and some not good enough and some encourage. Until their expectation have increases to match your own.

Either that or rein in you team by handicapping them tactically somehow after 2 goals so they don't get too excited or complacent before the second half and it easier for you to give the tougher team talks (e.g. go more defnsive - or take a breather?) - beleive me I have considered this - and something tells me it will work - but I havent tried it - instead I wait until I get the opporunity to warn them when 1 or 2 nil up and not got good ratings against weaker teams - creating this circumstance would speed it all up and allow you to expect a 5-0 win every game sooner.

Sorry if this question is already been answered but what type of striker is best to use? A big targetman or speedy thingie? Ty very much for the tactic btw!

I find the target man is a touch better but the jury is still out, and a targetmen of sufficient quality are few and far between. I will show you my Portmouth targetman regen because he is verygood in my tactics.

Capture_023.jpg

Capture_025.jpg

Strength, Jumping, Anticipation, Heading = Key

First Touch, Agility, Balance, Finishing, Off the Ball, Accelation = Important

A sprinkling of genric stuff like stamina, natural fitness, balance, teamwork, technique but at a lower priority I guess

And I think some suitable Preffered Moves - his set of moves is excellent.

If I could add 5 to any stat I think I would choose Agility!

But my fast ST is good and he is going to be alot better in future still 2 stars of potential to build on him:

Capture_026.jpg

Capture_027.jpg

On him add add the 5 to Anticipation every time!

This question gets asked a lot so here is a scenario - I am right footed running fast down the left flank being chased back by a defender, how do I cross? The only way is to stop and turn in then hit the cross in? If I'm left footed can I just run past him down flank and hit the cross without stopping and turning?

Anyway if you think about it cant you work it out - same foot same side is likely to be better for most circumstances, but set piecies is different foot and side for swinging the ball in, otherwise its kinda swinging out which is most times less effective I think.

If you had set up with normal wingers then fair enough. This example would be spot on. But you have set up with Inside Forward's. Which to me says they like to cut inside and then either pass/shoot. So once they cut inside they should then be on their preferred foot. So this would suggest playing a Left footer on the Right and a Right footer on the left to take advantage of them cutting inside. No point in them cutting in to then have to cut back to shift the ball to their natural side.

Do you vary the mentality based on the match situation, i.e. take it off Attacking if you are looking vulnerable at the back, or use Standard/Counter against stronger oppostion?

Or is Plug and Play literally that - same mentality the whole 90 mins regardless of opposition or match state?

Do you vary the mentality based on the match situation, i.e. take it off Attacking if you are looking vulnerable at the back, or use Standard/Counter against stronger oppostion?

Or is Plug and Play literally that - same mentality the whole 90 mins regardless of opposition or match state?

What I can tell you is that if you play as is without modification you will do very well, better than well as long as you can manage the team from all the usual stuff, stability, complacency, pressure. You need to really be controlled when making changes but yeah go ahead, just keep in mind that making it worse is easy, making it better no so much - any change is a change, be it OI or an in match tweak of any kind and so will suffer this bias - and there a a lot of room for improvement or adapting to the situation but if you are getting thrashed anyway or it looks very shaky then you may have nothing to lose by making a change or would it have been better to keep faith (it is also quite often the later that gets better results, but a judgement call).

You can see my example match in second post, I made two changes not convinced the first worked even though I scored two minutes later but I think putting on a defender probably helped to make it so no more goals were scored and got me the 1-0 victory I needed, but if they had scored I would have been in a worse position than before the change.

My friend achieves runs of form that are endless and he never changes tactic for any reason, my tinkering normally makes me drop more points than him, but then eventually I will find a change that is an improvement, and some situational changes work sometimes.

Steaton, this is the best tactic on 14.3. I do not have screen shots, however, in my first season with Leyton Orient I won the league. I am now in my second season and I am in the Play-off final and lost in the FA Cup final which means I have Europa League football. Thank you!

I got sacked from Monaco.

"Dude I got sacked from Monaco too twice - that fuinny -before I used this tactic I was using Invincibles I think - wouldn't matter - one you go near the edge with them they will fall off - but second time I pleayed with them I knew not to buy many new players and be un assumiming and reassuring and to go all out on Team Coheasion and teamwork forget fitness or tactics, the reason is you start with the least coheshion is is possible to ever have in FM they have basically just changed all the players and maybe staff to so kno one knows what the hell is going on its a mad house, I don't know if it's true to real life bu imaging joing a team where everyone is new and there no one who knows the ropes you turn and look at each other wonddering what the **** is going on - and thats before you buy your own players. Ridiculous money after first sesason tohugh buy a player for 200m no problem." - Hopefully they have modelling this well - if so be assertive and pleaseant, mild team talks for the shaky first 10 games hoping to notdroptoo many points that you are sliding so fast youarepulledof the edge.

So everyone - I have found an exploit/bug in the tactics engine that makes it so that the entire game is played in the opponents half with you in posession (shooting 40-50 times but only scoring 1 or 2 lucky) - 0% posession for either team in your third of the pitch, 0 shots every time for the opposition, a bug. I am not going to tell or make a tactic out of this but if there are any mods on will fill be willing to report as a bug, cheers.

I tried one thing and the result was very strange clearly this isnot just getting the best out of a tactic,fortunately it is so obscure that only luck or a brute force testing approach would have any chance of picking it up. (Bit or spotting someting wierd by luck and then adjusting and bang!).

So everyone - I have found an exploit/bug in the tactics engine that makes it so that the entire game is played in the opponents half with you in posession (shooting 40-50 times but only scoring 1 or 2 lucky) - 0% posession for either team in your third of the pitch, 0 shots every time for the opposition, a bug. I am not going to tell or make a tactic out of this but if there are any mods on will fill be willing to report as a bug, cheers.

I tried one thing and the result was very strange clearly this isnot just getting the best out of a tactic,fortunately it is so obscure that only luck or a brute force testing approach would have any chance of picking it up. (Bit or spotting someting wierd by luck and then adjusting and bang!).

Good spot. Stick it in the bugs forum mate.

Any chances of explaining what you have actually done there? Have you tried replicating it with other teams to see if it is not just something that makes your own team click?

thats the thing tilling he doesnt want to tell what he did, so the Mods (Techs more likely) can fix the problem. Instead of it being there.

Bugs like those are game killers.

Ah, I suppose so. tyler wilson's a smelly knobhead

I'm "on". PM me with an example of how to recreate it, or log it as a bug yourself, and I'm sure the SI guys and girls will be delighted to investigate.

In fact, if you can upload a .tac file to the ftp server, that would probably be the best plan of attack :thup:

Can we not see it before its snatched from us?! :(

Why on earth would anyone want to see "the entire game is played in the opponents half with you in posession (shooting 40-50 times but only scoring 1 or 2 lucky) - 0% posession for either team in your third of the pitch, 0 shots every time for the opposition"? You might as well have a 2-0 button.

Why on earth would anyone want to see "the entire game is played in the opponents half with you in posession (shooting 40-50 times but only scoring 1 or 2 lucky) - 0% posession for either team in your third of the pitch, 0 shots every time for the opposition"? You might as well have a 2-0 button.
Don't care I would love to see this, and there's plenty more of us. but heh no one will say on this forum

Archived