The Anybody But England Thread.

Then start an Anything But Twitter thread

But that doesn't give anyone anything to hide behind when hoping the team fails. "NO, THAT'S NOT AT ALL WE'RE DOING, THIS IS ABOUT POINTING OUT HOW SILLY YOUR PUNDITS AND SOME IDIOTS ON TWITTER ARE".

If this was such TOP BANTER we'd have a big mediawatch style thread about all the stupid stuff they said on motd all season. If people want England to lose, that's fine, it's part of the fun of football. It's rivalry. Just do it honestly, rather than hiding behind possibly or possibly not wanting England to lose in a wishy washy way just because you don't want to 'look bad' or because the likes of Alan Shearer and Ian Wright shouldn't be anywhere near a TV studio :D

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They will probably be more upset after they go out, then this thread will get even more exciting.

Particulary after Rickie Lambert lifts the cup, after scoring the perfect hat-trick against Brazil. We can but dream. Well, its that or make bitter remarks (tongue in cheek, my arse) on the internet.

Well there's a difference between not supporting us and desperately wanting us to fail, which is what this thread is all about?

It really is pathetic, especially when you're from a country who's not there in the first place :D :D

I love how John Wark made it into that film :D

They needed some footballers and called into the Ipswich training ground and asked if any of the players fancied being in the film. That's why Paul Cooper, Kevin O'Callaghan, Kevin Beattie, Robin Turner and Russell Osman are also in it.

As for this thread. Other people's inferiority complexes are no concern of mine. :D

This thread is full of that, alas. It's not for nothing I haven't said anything anymore. So much for famous English humour or ability for banter. All they can think of is insults or 'but your country also...'. Very poor show all around.

No-one does inter-country banter as well as me let's face it. :)

They needed some footballers and called into the Ipswich training ground and asked if any of the players fancied being in the film. That's why Paul Cooper, Kevin O'Callaghan, Kevin Beattie, Robin Turner and Russell Osman are also in it.

As for this thread. Other people's inferiority complexes are no concern of mine. :D

well you live and learn :)

It's not just Scots... although to be fair they are the easiest marks by far, and there's an abundance of them available.

I have to behave these days anyway. More's the pity. :(

This is my 9th world cup...this sort of stuff has been around long before anyone had the net or whatnot. Let people enjoy having a bit of a tickle and rejoice in being able to celebrate any small significance that comes our way

Well there's a difference between not supporting us and desperately wanting us to fail, which is what this thread is all about?

It really is pathetic, especially when you're from a country who's not there in the first place :D :D

You make it sound like there is only 1 or 2 countries that hope you fail.

People want you to fail for a reason and trust me it is not only countries that are not there.

Anyway it is a pointless conversation, once you lose the first 2 games the England fans will be the ones booing the team.

People want you to fail for a reason and trust me it is not only countries that are not there.

Anyway it is a pointless conversation, once you lose the first 2 games the England fans will be the ones booing the team.

Yeah pretty much done with the clicking of your links, good luck with that though, I am sure it was a side splitter.

Yeah...pretty much done with your tetchiness as well...bye...or are we in one of those let's have the last word kind of scenarios. No one wins in those fwiw.

Won't happen

hosting the best Olympics ever, winning two world wars, having the best city in the world, being one of the most powerful countries in the world, having the best football league in the world, those kind of reasons.

hosting the best Olympics ever, winning two world wars, having the best city in the world, being one of the most powerful countries in the world, having the best football league in the world, those kind of reasons.

We also won the world cup a few years ago iirc.

What's the reason?

This is the reason....

We also won the world cup a few years ago iirc.

Almost 50 years later and we still have to hear about it, not only when people talk about football but when they talk about every and any sport, you people really need to learn to stop boring everyone.

This is the reason....

Almost 50 years later and we still have to hear about it, not only when people talk about football but when they talk about every and any sport, you people really need to learn to stop boring everyone.

At least you don't have to hear about it every single day though. Sky are always banging on about some insignificant aspect of Scottish football :seagull:

I have to honestly ask, is any of that actually true?

-Best Olympics, well that is a matter of opinion.

-You never won 2 world wars, you were part of the reason we won 2 world wars.

-best city in the world, again just a matter of opinion, if you are talking about London then I would say you were talking total ****, I lived there for a year and it is not even close to being the best city in the world.

-one of the most powerful countries in the world ... now you're just taking the ****!

-best football league in the world, again a matter of opinion, I would say the La Liga was better but again, a matter of opinion.

Not that I want to get involved in this petty debate. But Ri, if you honestly think you make a 'perfectly valid point' regarding your comment on Scottish football then... well... :lol:

Use your noggin' Downsie.

No that does not bother me at all, the fact you guys feel the need to bring it up at every sporting event and drill it through and mind numbingly bore everyone does bother me.

You asked what the reason was and I told you, I was even getting bored with it when I was watching a Scot win Wimbledon.

It was almost 50 years ago it happened I dread to think what it would be like if you won it again.

It is funny as I remember the 1982 WC, it is the first I can really remember and come England's first match I was shouting for them to win, all the older people were shouting against them and I could not understand why, hey I was 9.

My Father and Uncles were saying that they loved to watch England and that they had some cracking players but the sheer thought of having to read about and listen about on the TV for another 20 years was a terrible thought.

They were bang on, social media being what it is today here we are some 32 years later and England have never won it again but still we have to relive 1966 even when a tennis game is going on.

Archived