Girls of the World Cup!

gillsminnow

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does it not make people a little disgusted that these "famous" women are getting tickets whilst proper football fans aren't? That Korean lady clearly has no idea what is going on and that Honduran is too busy holding a flag whilst play is going on behind her, the French woman has a flag of each team ffs.

does it not make people a little disgusted that these "famous" women are getting tickets whilst proper football fans aren't? That Korean lady clearly has no idea what is going on and that Honduran is too busy holding a flag whilst play is going on behind her, the French woman has a flag of each team ffs.

Yes, it's silly but hardly a surprise in events like this. Most of those famous or semi-famous people don't even care about the event in any way, are just using it to promote themselves like Larissa Riquelme did in 2010.

It is a little disgusting yes, and with all these famous girls there, you have to start wondering if it's coincidental, but I'm not going to lie either, they're bloody marvellous to look at. Sex sells. Always have, always will.

Given the pricing for these matches, are there many genuine Brazilian football fans in the stadiums? The atmosphere is obviously fantastic either way, mind.

It is a little disgusting yes, and with all these famous girls there, you have to start wondering if it's coincidental, but I'm not going to lie either, they're bloody marvellous to look at. Sex sells. Always have, always will.

Given the pricing for these matches, are there many genuine Brazilian football fans in the stadiums? The atmosphere is obviously fantastic either way, mind.

Most of the Brazilians going to the games seem to be people who never go to games, which is not so surprising as tickets are very expensive.

I think the atmosphere looks better mainly due to all other Latin American fans (especially Argentinians, Chileans, Colombians and Mexicans) and because of the lack of vuvuzelas.

Cheers, that is the impression I have too, on the first point you mention. Seems more like a "party" than cheering for the teams, if that makes sense.

Yes, it's exactly what is like.

The bright side though is that if actual hardcore Brazilian fans went to the WC games, there would be more fights, etc.. as many ultras go to games more to fight than to actually support their team, sometimes we even have ultras that support the same team fighting against each other.

Hardcore Brazilian fans support clubs though, not the national team.

I agree. We need more zoom images of fat English drunks.

I like how she's just clapping away like a simpleton, enjoying herself :D Perfect!
Atleast they understand the game of football, mostly, and paid their own way there.
So is she a journalist or something?

Her twitter username translates as 'Jangyewon announcer'.

After some Wikipedia search, she's Jang Ye-won, anchorwoman at Seoul Broadcasting System. So, she does have some understanding about football. That clapping, well, you know what you see can be deceiving.

Alan Shearer works for the BBC and has zero understanding of football, so that's not a good point. Plus she could be working there for the news section rather than sports, she's clearly clueless in that picture.

Alan Shearer works for the BBC and has zero understanding of football, so that's not a good point. Plus she could be working there for the news section rather than sports, she's clearly clueless in that picture.

Your first point could be correct. About your second point, she presents entertainment and sports (football in particular).

Perhaps, clueless from our point of view of everyday encounter. Perhaps in Korea, that isn't clueless after all. Like I said, looks can be deceiving.

Archived