World Cup Fantasy Football

kccircle

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The McDonalds one is a bit of a shambles tbh. I've basically just picked 11 players and am going to leave it. Why on earth ask people to pick 23 players. Utterly pointless.

You're gonna get a lot more points if you pick 23 or at least some 20 good players, then use your subs. The only real problem is that the budget is so short.

You're gonna get a lot more points if you pick 23 or at least some 20 good players, then use your subs. The only real problem is that the budget is so short.

How will you get more points though? You can only get points for 11 players. I understand you can sub someone out if they don't score many but still, you'd rather have 11 heavy hitters than 20 average players.

Can make a case for either. I'd for Koscielny, Ozil and Iniesta.

But then I'm not sure if Koscielny is first choice. I thought he was, then I saw them playing Varane-Sakho the other night.

FFS, I avoided Varane as I thought Sakho might play :D

Need to have a think, but I'm gonna go for the former I think.

Ozil and James Rodriguez are the same price though, can't really choose between them. Will Ozil be starting after his so/so recent form?

I'd much rather have 20 average players because you cannot guarantee a good score every game out of every single one of your 11 players. It's always been my strategy in the Champions League fantasy football to pick 16 guys that will play and likely start, then swap them around.

Sun one is annoying with some players missing and having to pick 4 defenders. Also no points for assists which means I'm looking for goal scoring midfielders.

Which team should I go with?

Benaglio

Luiz

Zabaleta

Ramos

Srna

Shaqiri

Toure

Vidal

Lallana

Messi

Aguero

or

Benaglio

Luiz

Zabaleta

Lichsteiner

Vidal

Lallana

Di Maria

Messi

Aguero

Dmiric

The Telegraph one is very straightforward but I am struggling with my formation at the moment. It is currently 433:

Akinfeev (Russia)

Debuchy (France)

Godin (Uruguay)

Blind (Holland)

Durm (Germany)

Di Maria (Argentina)

Dzagoev (Russia)

Hazard (Belgium)

Neymar (Brazil)

Martinez (Colombia)

Drmic (Switzerland)

I am just hoping they all start. I have used the BBC Sport guide to help me out a bit. :)

The cool kids are all playing the Mirror game, same as FPL in rules and squad size

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/392399-World-Cup-Fantasy-League-%28The-Mirror%29

Need to apologies as I always set up the OTF Fantasy games, unfortunately I was banned until today for just over a month so was not able to sort a World Cup one out, Razzler kindly set up the Mirror one in my absence after I caught up with him on twitter. I will also join the Mcdonalds one that posted above....

Be warned, the Mcdonalds one is run by the same idiots that do the Champions League game. This ALWAYS crashes on the first day around 2 hours before the deadline so my advice is to get your Mcdonalds team sorted just in case.....

The cool kids are all playing the Mirror game, same as FPL in rules and squad size

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/392399-World-Cup-Fantasy-League-%28The-Mirror%29

Need to apologies as I always set up the OTF Fantasy games, unfortunately I was banned until today for just over a month so was not able to sort a World Cup one out, Razzler kindly set up the Mirror one in my absence after I caught up with him on twitter. I will also join the Mcdonalds one that posted above....

Be warned, the Mcdonalds one is run by the same idiots that do the Champions League game. This ALWAYS crashes on the first day around 2 hours before the deadline so my advice is to get your Mcdonalds team sorted just in case.....

It doesn't sound that great if a lot of the players are missing!

The Telegraph one is very straightforward but I am struggling with my formation at the moment. It is currently 433:

Akinfeev (Russia)

Debuchy (France)

Godin (Uruguay)

Blind (Holland)

Durm (Germany)

Di Maria (Argentina)

Dzagoev (Russia)

Hazard (Belgium)

Neymar (Brazil)

Martinez (Colombia)

Drmic (Switzerland)

I am just hoping they all start. I have used the BBC Sport guide to help me out a bit. :)

I went for Téo Gutierrez in the Telegraph one. Considerably cheaper than Jackson Martínez (he's 3.1 I think), and will definitely play by the looks of things. And he has a better goalsccoring record for Colombia. Saves you a whole load of budget to get rid of one of those defenders and bring in a midfielder for 3-4-3.

I went for Téo Gutierrez in the Telegraph one. Considerably cheaper than Jackson Martínez (he's 3.1 I think), and will definitely play by the looks of things. And he has a better goalsccoring record for Colombia. Saves you a whole load of budget to get rid of one of those defenders and bring in a midfielder for 3-4-3.

That could be a great shout. Will he partner Martinez then? I take it Falcao is definitely out?

Ramos is a very good striker but imo it could very likely that he might see limited minutes at this WC assuming he gets minutes at all as Gutierrez, Martinez and Bacca are all ahead of him and while it is likely they will play 2 upfront they could easily play with 1 striker as well.

Need some more opinions on this...

James Rodriguez or Ozil?

I would say Rodriguez. I think both will score points but Rodriguez is cheaper and will allow you to bring in better players. But now maybe I say Ozil as I think Germany will score for fun and he takes penalties, scores and assists. Tough one.

I change. Ozil.

Is Bacca not likely to start do you think?

Archived