Telling other clubs to politely go away?

Is there a way to stop other clubs from sending me the same ridiculously low offers for star players? It's getting tiresome rejecting the same damn offers over and over.

I know there's a feature to automatically reject the offers, but as players values fluctuate I don't want this option turned on, since it's entirely possible that their value might decrease below what clubs are currently offering.

I have a player worth £28.5m and he's not even at his full potential yet. I've increased asking price to £80m and I'm still fielding offers for £30m every in-game day.

I'd consider selling him for £65m+ but as I have no possible replacements for him in his position, that's the only offer I'd be willing to negotiate, yet the AI just doesn't grasp that £30m isn't good enough.

And if that isn't enough;

Is it just me or do the AI managers work in some anti-human cult when dealing with transfers as well? I found this player worth £3.7m and was transfer listed at £3.0m.

I made offers upto £4.8m and every offer was rejected, and the AI accepted offers from 15 AI clubs of £3.0-3.3m and no future incentives........

So in a nutshell, why can't the AI take a hint and get lost with stupidly low offers... and then why is it I can't buy a single player without going 10x over their current value?

Yeah, it happens to me to. Like you, I didn't want to "reject all offers below ..." but after years of this I eventually saw a pattern repeating and decided to use that option.

I don't know if it's the same for you, but what happens is I bring talented player to the club at 14-16 years old. They usually have great ability for their age.

Most get a few games, occasionally some are loaned out. At 18-19 I start getting offers around their value to double their value, and thus I put their asking price at something silly like £50m. At 19-20 years old I occasionally get offers up to £30m-40m. Some I sell, the best ones I keep.

During the time they're 20-23 years old clubs appear to hit a ceiling. And they just re-bid the same bid over and over again. It doesn't matter if I negotiate or change the asking price.Even weirder is that they won't negotiate even the slightest sum above what they are asking. I have been getting offers of £43m for a striker for a few years. The same clubs every time, sometimes even just a day apart. If I tell them I want £43.5m they immediately withdraw.

Just as annoying is that his agent ask for a better deal because of this quite often. I tell the player to fire him, and usually he agrees. But then he re-hires him. He's had the same agent all through this, and I get him fired 3-4 times a year. Obviously his relationship with me is 'hatred'.

Is there a way to stop other clubs from sending me the same ridiculously low offers for star players? It's getting tiresome rejecting the same damn offers over and over.

I know there's a feature to automatically reject the offers, but as players values fluctuate I don't want this option turned on, since it's entirely possible that their value might decrease below what clubs are currently offering.

I have a player worth £28.5m and he's not even at his full potential yet. I've increased asking price to £80m and I'm still fielding offers for £30m every in-game day.

I'd consider selling him for £65m+ but as I have no possible replacements for him in his position, that's the only offer I'd be willing to negotiate, yet the AI just doesn't grasp that £30m isn't good enough.

And if that isn't enough;

Is it just me or do the AI managers work in some anti-human cult when dealing with transfers as well? I found this player worth £3.7m and was transfer listed at £3.0m.

I made offers upto £4.8m and every offer was rejected, and the AI accepted offers from 15 AI clubs of £3.0-3.3m and no future incentives........

So in a nutshell, why can't the AI take a hint and get lost with stupidly low offers... and then why is it I can't buy a single player without going 10x over their current value?

Do you give a reason when rejecting?

they still bid below the asking price.

I spent an entire month turning down daily bids on 2 key players.

even given reasons they still came

I just found the opposite, I enquired over a players transfer listed by request and an asking price of £40m, I enquired and was told £24m

and Monaco have been throwing the odd £41m bit at me for Rafael, most of it installments.. just go away.

Yeah, it happens to me to. Like you, I didn't want to "reject all offers below ..." but after years of this I eventually saw a pattern repeating and decided to use that option.

I don't know if it's the same for you, but what happens is I bring talented player to the club at 14-16 years old. They usually have great ability for their age.

Most get a few games, occasionally some are loaned out. At 18-19 I start getting offers around their value to double their value, and thus I put their asking price at something silly like £50m. At 19-20 years old I occasionally get offers up to £30m-40m. Some I sell, the best ones I keep.

During the time they're 20-23 years old clubs appear to hit a ceiling. And they just re-bid the same bid over and over again. It doesn't matter if I negotiate or change the asking price.Even weirder is that they won't negotiate even the slightest sum above what they are asking. I have been getting offers of £43m for a striker for a few years. The same clubs every time, sometimes even just a day apart. If I tell them I want £43.5m they immediately withdraw.

Just as annoying is that his agent ask for a better deal because of this quite often. I tell the player to fire him, and usually he agrees. But then he re-hires him. He's had the same agent all through this, and I get him fired 3-4 times a year. Obviously his relationship with me is 'hatred'.

Yeah, that's exactly where I'm at now... the part where they refuse to negotiate. Transfer deadline day is a literally pain in the footballs. It's just reject, continue, reject, continue, reject, continue. Over and over...

Do you give a reason when rejecting?

Yes, tried every reason. Changed the asking price etc... etc... I'm just looking for an option that says "not for sale... ever"

they still bid below the asking price.

I spent an entire month turning down daily bids on 2 key players.

even given reasons they still came

I just found the opposite, I enquired over a players transfer listed by request and an asking price of £40m, I enquired and was told £24m

and Monaco have been throwing the odd £41m bit at me for Rafael, most of it installments.. just go away.

^ all this, except the asking price thing. Even clubs with asking prices tend to try and way over-charge me.

It's like there's a conspiracy of AI managers. They swoop in and steal all the players I've scouted and offered contracts, and then they pester me with terrible offers for players, and that makes the player become unstable in the club and want to move on. I just lost 3 players this season because of that, and ultimately had to sell at their offered price since the contract expires at the end of season and the player isn't willing to negotiate.

I've got both my young star fullbacks with asking prices at £200 mil a piece. Doesn't stop Man United, Real Madrid and Barcelona from offering £32.5 mil for each at least every second to third day in transfer windows. It's extremely annoying, particularly on deadline day, where hour to hour you can receive the same offer, from the same club, over and over again. I can get one cheeky low bid for a star player, but to just offer the same thing time and time again is a bug. Hopefully it's fixed properly for FM15.

I think that the whole 'unsettling' a player aspect needs a revamp.

I'd like to be able to tell an agent how much Player X is likely to receive, maybe even agree the deal before the offer is accepted.

So I make an offer for a player who is earning 50,000 a week. The offer is rejected. At this point the agent may or may not contact me directly, and over a cup of coffee, I could say mention that we had arranged a contract in the region of 80,000 a week with a loyalty bonus of £2m over 4 years. Alternatively, I could demonstrate my honesty and let the selling club know what happened and hope that it smooths over further negotiations.

The player could then become unhappy, or an extremely professional player might actually rule out moving and declare his determination to stay put. and I'd have damaged my relationship with that player.

It clearly happens all the time, and often clubs will be reported for 'tapping up' but noting really happens.

I am pretty sure agents know which managers they can and can't 'have a coffee' with, so one manager might get lots of contract talks with agents BEFORE agreeing a deal and other might get very few.

CWR15

I believe that that is illegal

But maybe if there were times that managers got caught doing this and were suspended/had a transfer embargo i would be cool with it

I'm pretty sure irl the personal terms are agreed long before the transfer fee. As I understand it the buying club usually contacts the players agent first to see if the player would be interested in a move and they go on from there.

The clubs are most likely trying to unsettle the players to the point where you have to drop the asking & sell or have an unhappy player at your club so having AI clubs ignore what they regard as an unrealistic user set asking price is intentional behaviour, it's the same tactic used by many people when trying to get players from AI managed clubs.

If this happens I usually send this player to my reserve squad and start to bid for almost every player on the roster with ridiculously low offers. Works well especially if I am at a big club. :lol:

The mechanic in real life is actually slightly different. In that to discuss a contract, you just need permission from the club a player is currently contracted to. So it sometimes happens that a player agrees terms with a club, but the clubs can't agree on the fee. However, in FM you must ALWAYS agree a fee first (as it is in all football games I've ever played). I'm not sure this difference in the mechanic has a huge impact on me. As I'd never let a club talk to my player before I've agreed a fee.

Secret footballer:

Ninety per cent of transfers come from tapping up.

But let's just put it into context: tapping up isn’t a load of unsavory characters sat in dark rooms. It’s a manager or a director of football ringing an agent and asking if his player is available.

Imagine if you had to do it by the book. An official of the buying club has to ring an official at the selling club and ask if their best player is available. He’d get a two-word reply before the phone went dead.

Instead, the club would contact the agent and ask if his player would be interested in transferring. The whole deal is worked out before the agent even approaches the selling club because, ultimately, there is no point in contacting the club if the deal is **** for the player.

The clubs don’t even hear about many of these enquiries because the deal is a non-starter because of wages or transfer fee. And clubs don’t want the aggravation of dealing with all these enquiries that go nowhere. The agent filters them out, always for the player, but indirectly for the club, too.

I've had this problem before, especially with PSG (who would continually bid £41.5m for just about every member of my squad, non stop). To try and stop the hassle I just automatically set that all transfer bids were rejected, which pretty much meant that players would come to me asking for improved contracts... Before I knew it had 19 year olds with only a handful of appearances amongst them demanding 100k a week each... Yet if I were to go out and bid 200m (tested this a couple of times, more curious than anything) for one of their players, with ridiculous add ons such as £50m for first international goal, etc, it'd be rejected out of hand by the club... Is a somewhat flawed system I fear.

Every faith that SI will out it right next year :)

Happens all the time from PSG and Monoco for me.

AI doesn't big over value, yet we have to bid 150-200% MORE than the value of the player.. Stupid. Worst transfer system in FM so far.

We've been over this before. Many times. They don't want to sell. They're giving you a stupid sum, hoping you'd just go away. I do the same to the AI as well.

We've been over this before. Many times. They don't want to sell. They're giving you a stupid sum, hoping you'd just go away. I do the same to the AI as well.

When was the last time a club rejected a bid of over 100m?? BALE ONLY WENT FOR 80M FFS!!

Not being funny, this is a bug or very stupid from SI as it is too far fetched to be deemed anything else.

AI teams bid the value over and over again, regardless of what price we set, or price we ask for (like in my example above). It's been happening from FM10 for me, and no doubt continue this stupid situation long times to come. It needs resolvement in FM15.

The clubs are most likely trying to unsettle the players to the point where you have to drop the asking & sell or have an unhappy player at your club so having AI clubs ignore what they regard as an unrealistic user set asking price is intentional behaviour, it's the same tactic used by many people when trying to get players from AI managed clubs.

If people are seeing a club make the same offer (not an enquiry) more than 3 times in a short period of time then that is pushing into bug territory & it would be appreciated if this was raised in the bugs forum with a copy of the relavent save, generally we see an AI club make a couple of bids before backing off or increasing their offer & then maybe having another go later in the transfer window or even the next window, what I haven't seen in FM14 is a club making the same offer on an almost daily basis or multiple times on deadline day

Would it not be possible to code the game that, if a club makes 3 bids of the same value, in a short time frame and they are all rejected, an option can be then inserted in the " reason for rejection " to have a stronger statement included that will terminate their interest at that time?

HUNT3R is correct that the point you've raised has been discussed at length on the forum but I would like to address something that you've mentioned.

The example you give of the Gareth Bale's move to Real Madrid is an interesting one, in that case & Ronadlo's move from Man Utd there was a very similar theme, specifically both players had made it clear at least a year earlier that they were very interested in moving to Real Madrid. Once that desire had been made clear by the player their current club had to decide if they keep the player while their contract runs down & risk their value only going down or whether they should make every effort to maximise the transfer fee that is paid/ We can only speculate but I imagine that thanks to having solid finances neither club would have considered selling if the player declared that they had no intention of leaving the club regardless of who was interested.

Julian Draxler & Marco Reus are recent examples of this, both players have release clauses in their contracts but the chances of those clauses being actived are very slim as both have declared their intent to stay at Schalke & BvB respectively.

In the case of making this sort of bid in FM, has the ground work been done? Has the player told their club that they want to leave? If either of these is a no then it is quite logical for a club in a strong financial position to reject any approach for one of their key players, as has been shown despite using the Bale transfer fee to bring in a number of new players most people would probably consider Spurs to be in a weaker position than they were a year ago.

The example screenshots that were posted are a result of a change in response behaviour a number of version ago, in the past if a club did not have a financial need to sell a key player they would simply reject any offer tabled without consideration & this drew complaints that if an FM'er had £250m to spend & wanted to use it on a single player then they would often struggle to get a deal done, this is why AI clubs now always have a price at which they will deal & it can lead to examples of apparently illogical asking prices being demanded. What the club is saying when they give out these £150m+ figures is that they do not want to sell & do not need to sell but if you're silly enough this is what they'll take, personally I preferred the old method of the club just rejecting your bids until you gave up & considered other player options.

Something to consider is how many transfers take place between clubs at the very elite level that do not involve the selling club wanting to get rid of the player or the player making it clear that they want to leave the club?

I am sorry, i am not convinced that the statement you've given is acceptable justification.

Ozil?? Never heard anything of him moving/being unhappy to gather a move to Arsenal. 40m

Mata? Never heard of his desire to move to Man Utd from chelsea. 37.5m

No team in the world, barring 2/3 players (Messi, Bale and Ronaldo) would reject 150m pure cash for 1 player. It happens many times in FM's and it seems that SI dismiss it as acceptable rather than admit its a bug.

262m for Aaron Ramsey!!?? Thats justifable is it?? When was the last time you heard that amount of money being even spoke of for 1 player? Even Man City/media have said a bid 160m for Messi! Thats 100m short for one of the best players in the world!

It's just silly really tbh.. many agree that the transfer system is buggy as hell and needs fixing, yet you add stupid features to team talks or media questions.. Admittently will be the last FM i buy for a long time tbh..

Actually we heard about Mata to United before the season even started (as it transpired they spoke for almost 4 months), and Ozil was offered out a month before he left. Just because you don't hear anything doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

If you don't like his answer that's up to you, but he is in a much better position than you to know what is going on within the system.

There is already code to get AI teams to back off if they have successive bids of the same value rejected in a short period of time. generally they should move to another target after or 3 rejected bids.

So one should raise this as an issue if they frequently don't follow this behaviour?

I am sorry, i am not convinced that the statement you've given is acceptable justification.

Ozil?? Never heard anything of him moving/being unhappy to gather a move to Arsenal. 40m

Mata? Never heard of his desire to move to Man Utd from chelsea. 37.5m

That had more to do with the clubs wanting to sell.

Bale was coming in, so there wasn't any place for Ozil in the starting line-up. He would have had to be a bench-warmer or move.

Same with Mata. He didn't fit into Mourinho's system and he has other players he liked more, so no place for Mata. Warm the bench or move.

there's another thread of this exact same situation, if a player is indespenable, then no amount of money will pray him away, but the AI will come in with stupid bids all the time and never go above value, were we players have to.

I've never sold a player for more than a couple of mil above value, if i refuse, the player gets unhappy.

AI have too much of an advantage and too much of a tight grip on players and never comply with the same rules presented to the human.

I could go blue in the face with this, screenshot after screenshot and many other share my view, yet it is dismissed with tripe. has been since FM10..

there's another thread of this exact same situation, if a player is indespenable, then no amount of money will pray him away, but the AI will come in with stupid bids all the time and never go above value, were we players have to.

I've never sold a player for more than a couple of mil above value, if i refuse, the player gets unhappy.

AI have too much of an advantage and too much of a tight grip on players and never comply with the same rules presented to the human.

I could go blue in the face with this, screenshot after screenshot and many other share my view, yet it is dismissed with tripe. has been since FM10..

I often sell players for heavy profit. It's pretty much how I used to grow a small team into a large one. Even at top level, I can still make a profit on a regular basis. I rarely have to overspend for top talent either.

If someone keeps coming in, I set a ridiculous price. they usually don't come back, or in one case offered 60m for a player worth 21m. How about posting said saves in the bugs section if you really want it looked at? But you actually have you be willing to listen to SI, since they actually know how it works.

Becuase SI wont launch a patch now to the fix issue now will they? FM14 is done, FM15 is a couple of months away..

This has been presented to them by many users since FM10 (think ive posted a couple of saves) and it's gotten progressively worse..

Becuase SI wont launch a patch now to the fix issue now will they? FM14 is done, FM15 is a couple of months away..

This has been presented to them by many users since FM10 (think ive posted a couple of saves) and it's gotten progressively worse..

It's in between versions that you should be sending things the most, that's when the heaviest development gets done. there is no point sending it in after FM15 gets launched, then complaining it doesn't get looked at.

The only person I've seen recently question this in the bugs forum regarding this "issue", has been jere_d. He thought it was a bug and uploaded his save. SI didn't dismiss it as tripe. Turns out it wasn't buggy behavior, but at least it was investigated and he gained some insight into the game and how the other clubs (AI in general think) think. Good outcome, if you ask me.

Have a read, maybe it helps you too: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/388634-AI-not-getting-anywhere-near-the-asking-price-of-my-players

Reccy, you feel you are being dismissed but In the same you are dismissing the reasoning given by Alex. The reason given appears to be the best way to deal with it by the GAME.

If you have a better way to deal with it why don't you suggest ideas. The game already allows human players to get very wealthy. We have the ability to buy and sell far more effectively than the AI. Do you really want a system where you can buy absolutely anybody in the world decimating the other clubs?

I trhink the problem has to be the budget given to clubs I rarely spend over 20mil on a player my highest net tranfer spend a year has been 47mil

I've made about 200 mil the last 4 seasons yet every year the board increase my budget I currently have 400+ mill to spend and 2.9 mil in wages

I know i don't need this much but every year it goes up and players want higher wages because the know my budget.

So maybe there should be lower budgets then less "stupid" deals will happen.

I often sell players for heavy profit. It's pretty much how I used to grow a small team into a large one. Even at top level, I can still make a profit on a regular basis. I rarely have to overspend for top talent either.

If someone keeps coming in, I set a ridiculous price. they usually don't come back, or in one case offered 60m for a player worth 21m. How about posting said saves in the bugs section if you really want it looked at? But you actually have you be willing to listen to SI, since they actually know how it works.

Yeah... I often sell players for a heavy profit too.

But those players are ALWAYS under 25, and ALWAYS have a little extra PPA.

I'm ranked about 25th in the world now, and my star player has a value of £29m and the bids coming through are £44m. If I suggest £46m its a flat-out rejection with no willingness to negotiate (not that I want to, he's still got PPA to grow into).

That said... I'm now at a stage where youthful players aren't good enough to break into my team, and I'm not being presented with the options to extend youth recruitment or youth facilities and my youth players are crap.

With the recent additions of making youth regens harder to attain where they just won't negotiate a deal at all with your club (foreign or not), it's actually impossible for me to improve my team at all.

I desperately need a goalkeeper with rating of 3* or higher, and yet the cheapest I can get one that won't get injured every few weeks is about £60m!! a 3.5* keeper with potential of 4.5* had to take a £200m transfer fee, which is absolutely ridiculous...

Archived