Dollingstown Football Club

Vipertitan

Dollingstown_FC_badge_zps8ecf20de.jpg

History of the Club

Dollingstown Football Club is an intermediate-level football club from Northern Ireland. They currently play in the Intermediate A division of the Mid-Ulster Football League.

In the 2010–11 season the club was denied promotion to IFA Championship 2 for fielding an ineligible player in eight league matches. As a result, they were deducted all the points they gained in the matches the player took part in, and finished in 4th place instead of 1st. The club appealed the decision, and took their case all the way to the High Court, but it was dismissed. Had they won their case they would have been promoted, with Chimney Corner being relegated. Tandragee Rovers were crowned champions of the division instead, but did not apply for entry to the Championship,In the 2012–13 season, they narrowly missed out on a place in Championship 2 again. After winning the league title, they faced Northern Amateur Football League champions Newington in a two-legged play-off for promotion, and lost the tie on the away goals rule after it finished 4–4 on aggregate. A 3–2 home win followed by a 2–1 away defeat was not enough, and Newington were promoted at Dollingstown's expense.

Club Profile-Playing in My favourite colours hopefuly we can become best club in the land.

General Info -no real info about the team there a semi professional team.

Manager Profile- I'm use my self for this save and using a 4 2 3 1 formation with an attacking style play, i forgot to take a screen shot from the start of the save.

Facilities- Not the best of stadiums but hopefully the players are capitalize on the style of play i want to play.

Squad- With a small squad at my hands i will be looking to bring in few extra players for cover.

Finances being £29.k in the red i will be looking to try and reduce this to zero.

Game Set-up

I've loaded just the Northern Irish Leagues only as this save is part of my Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge, and also try get some milestones to aim for along the way. I'll be looking to complete my seasons quickly and i will try and make this thread as enjoyable as the other threads that i have looked at.

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2014/15

As my first season in charge, the job was going to be assemble a squad of players together and making them into a team to be fighting relegation this season and try and avoid relegation along the way.

League Table -

Past Positions-we took a few games to get used to the League was quite nice to finish were we did.

Irish Cup -not botherd about this as i knew we would not win this .

Intermediate Cup -Again not focussed on this as i know we wont win it.

Mid Ulster Cup -A thought we could went all the way but we got beat in the semis.

League Cup -A was not sure to play my first team or second string.

Transfers - there's no money on this league so it's all about buying free transfers for now.

Squad - Not the best squad ive had but they did well.

Finances- still not grate but hope the League Finnish helps us a bit.

Key Player Profiles:

Charlie McFarland - he was the best forward at the club.

Dean Walker - our captain had a decent year this year .

Arron McKeown_ A decent goalkeeper had good season.

Geoff Brown - our top scorer from the middle of the park.

Ciaran Hyndes second highest scorer at the club this season.

Career Overview

Season   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  3rd        

Next Season

I think next season is just going to be a case of trying to go one step better than this year and try to start getting better players into the team.

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2015/16

Last season we managed to finish in third place which was a surprise to all of us so this season i wanted to try and avoid relegation.

League Table -

Past Positions-we finished in third place in a tight finish to the league the closets finish i've had to a season i think.

Irish Cup we did a lot better this season we managed to get to the quartar finals this season.

Intermediate Cup -Again we were decent in this years competition played my first team players.

League Cup - was not botherd about this this season so decided play the reserves and youth team players to give them some experience.

Transfers - there is a bit money but do not want to use it as want get the clubs wage bill and spendings better, also i got rid of the deadwood.

Squad - Still not to how i want the squad to look but still looking good.

Finances- still in the red but seam to be getting worse rather than better.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Brown - top scorer again had decent season.

Sam Marshall - one my new players i bought in to tighting up the middle of the park did well.

Raymond Harpur A decent defender only played a hand full of games but was decent.

Arron McKeown - our number one goalkeeper did it again had an awesome season.

Andy Telford one of the youth prospects i promoted from the under eighteens did not play any first team football but will be next season.

Career Overview

2014/15  3rd        
2015/16  3rd

Next Season

The only sensible aim for next season try and rebuild and push for the championship.

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2016/17

Last season we managed to finish in third place so a set target finishing higher in end our form was below par we were terrible.

League Table -

Past Positions-we were struggling for form all season but i managed to keep my job.

Irish Cup we wanted to do well nut we got knocked out in the filth round

Intermediate Cup- wanted to do well in this years competition but got knocked out in the first round.

League Cup - we did rubbish this year first round knock out.

Transfers - still no funds to buy players so was all bout free transfers again.

Squad - Still trying to find right balance of the squad.

Finances- still in the red hopefully someone will buy the club put more money into it to help us.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Brown - he had a poor season so im hoping for a better season next season from him.

Robbie Lucas - a new player did well for his first season.

Kevin Acheson back up player did well.

Career Overview

2014/15  3rd        
2015/16  3rd
2016/17  9th

Next Season

Try and learn from this seasons mistakes and build better squad and also aim for next season try and rebuild and push for the championship.

• 2 weeks later...

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2017/18

Last season were a bit poor so i wanted to improvement on this season.

League Table -

Past Positions-we were a bit poor to start off but managed to pull out of the struggling form.

Irish Cup we never going to win this but wanted a good run.

Intermediate Cup-thought we could of won this this year but

League Cup - we were poor this season.

Transfers - this my week point in this game trying to find right players to improve the squad.

Squad - squad was a bit on short side so i made few transfers to improve the squad.

Finances- we are in a poor financial position at the minute selling few players looking like the likely hood to improve this.

Key Player Profiles:

Eddie O'Kane - A new player was top scorer.

Robbie Walsh -second highest scorer had good season.

Career Overview

2014/15  3rd        
2015/16  3rd
2016/17  9th
2017/18  7th 

Next Season

to try and improve the squad and try and improve the clubs financial situation

Look! Another career in Northern Ireland! I will see this closely, good luck in Dollingstown. I'm going a little better than you at the moment with Wakehurst, but hopefully you can get away with this team.

• 2 weeks later...

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2018/19

this season i went back to basics with same tactics i used in the first season to see if would make difference.

League Table -

Past Positions-took a while for the new players to get used to they way i want to play.

Irish Cup this year felt i could take team on a bit cup run.

Intermediate Cup-thought i should play some of the back up players in this years competition.

League Cup - we played well in this years competition.

Transfers - this year i took a llook at the scouting reports properly and bought in few players.

Squad - squad is still getting rebuilt.

Finances- we are in a poor financial position still and hope someone comes helps us out.

Key Player Profiles:

Gary Oliver - Was top scorer this season.

Eddie O'Kane -my best player in the middle of the park.

Colin Curley -fifth season here did well this season.

Career Overview

2014/15  3rd        
2015/16  3rd
2016/17  9th
2017/18  7th
2018/19  8th 

Next Season

Hopefully new investors will come and help the club, also have better cup run and do well in the League

Dollingstown- Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - 2019/20

this season was my worst season as a manager

League Table -

Past Positions-we were terrible and that's why we were relegated.

Irish Cup this wanted to rotate the squad big mistake.

Intermediate Cup-i played the kids in this and got a battering.

League Cup - we played well in this years competition.

Transfers - still not much going on here.

Squad - the squad was poor this year no real depth.

Finances- they were not grate again.

Key Player Profiles:

Aaron Brennan- top scorer this season had good season.

Levi McMullan -my best player in the whole team

Craig Sheppard -club captain did well.

Career Overview

2014/15  3rd        
2015/16  3rd
2016/17  9th
2017/18  7th
2018/19  8th 
2019/20   15th Sacked

Next Season

loaded more Leagues just get better feel of the game after being sacked. wanted a new challenge

Archived