Which players are you excited to see?

Baptista_8

Looking forward to any England player that can grasp the nettle and play without fear and full of confidence

I want that from the England team overall. We've got some exciting young players in the squad, I want us to make use of them for once instead of letting them sit on the bench for another 4 years when they'll be knackerd and/or injured. We've got nothing to lose, let's go for it.

In answer to the OP:

Sterling

Neymar and Fred for Brazil (used to love Fred in FM 2006)

Hazard for Belgium

Messi and Ronaldo, want them to both tear it up so people do consider them amongst the greats if they don't already.

Belgium as a whole, some great players, will be interesting to see how far they can get.

Some of the smaller teams like Iran, Honduras, who'll hopefully have a couple of unexpectedly brilliant players and can cause a few shocks.

Tbh, I'm just excited to see it all.

Well done for picking 1 of the 2 games he actually scored in :thup:

He's obviously their best and most important player, but enough of the single handedly crap.

But he did in the play offs? Didn't see Postiga take the tie by the scruff of its next and pull them through.

Did you watch those play-off games? Ronaldo was sent through on goal 1-on-1 countless times. I'm not sure how you can send yourself through on goal, but I'm pretty sure you need a couple of teammates for that.

But he did in the play offs? Didn't see Postiga take the tie by the scruff of its next and pull them through.

So Postiga stepped up in the qualifiers, Cristiano stepped up in the play-offs and yet it was Cristiano who single handedly dragged them to the world cup? That seems very fair. Bruno Alves scored as much as him throughout the qualifiers too by the way.

Edit: Plus what Ruben said, what about Moutinho for playing him through?

Belgium as a team ofcourse.

Current or ex-players of the team I support like Bacca, Ryan, Duarte or Perisic.

I always look forward to seeing the 'smaller' nations play. Ecuador, Honduras, Australia, Mexico, Costa Rica, Bosnia, Colombia, Switzerland, etc. as the bigger teams usually have players you see playing week in week out anyway.

I would quite like to see how Kevin Volland does, if he gets any time. He's young enough to develop still, and I think he might do well with the kind of attacking midfield Germany will field.

I would love for this to become the Messi/Ronaldo World Cup where both confirm their legendary status by dragging their respective teams to the final, but with Messi on questionable form most of the season and Ronaldo with his recent injury troubles, I sadly don't think the conditions are right for that.

I'm looking forward to seeing possibly the most exciting widespread share of talent in a long time for a World Cup:

Spain - the whole team starting by Iniesta

Germany - the whole team

Argentina - Messi

Portugal - Ronaldo

Brazil - Neymar

That's just the established obvious few, because then that's when things start getting exciting:

France - Ribery (though he's on poor form - the guys I'm really looking forward to watching is Pogba and Griezmann)

Holland - Robben and Sneijder's final go, supported by a large crew of unknown young players

Italy - Pirlo's final go with his successor Verratti on close watch

England - an actually really interesting young squad with the likes of Wilshere, Barkley, Sterling, Lallana, Sturridge all capable of bringing flair to a team that usually lacks it - looking forward to watching all of them as I've not been catching much of the Premiership lately

Uruguay - Suarez on epic form!!

Belgium - Hazard's first World Cup leading an hugely exciting young squad that is finally starting to gel

Colombia - let's hope Falcao is fit, behind him there's James Rodriguez waiting to make a big name for himself on top level

Chile - again let's hope Vidal is fit, can he drag Chile's great generation from midfield?

Croatia - dat Modric+Rakitic midfield

Ivory Coast - can Yaya drag the oldies?

Russia - not the most glamorous team but might make a great case study of how united you become when you have a full squad all originating from the same league - works well for Germany and Spain

Japan - such an exciting team in terms of their style of play, loved them in the Confeds Cup

Bosnia - can their "first time at world cup" enthusiasm lead them to emulate what their neighbours Croatia did in '98? Also, Pjanic and Dzeko - these guys are serious.

Etc, etc. Can't wait.

People mention Messi's form, saying he's not had a good season and he's not hit the heights, and I understand why people have said that. However, he's still scored 28 league goals in 30 appearances and a total of 41 in 44 in all competitions ffs :D Think it shows just how high the standards he set for himself are that he can score 40 goals and have most people consider it fairly "meh."

I´m really excited to see the young Belgium team. Ive been a fan of Belgium in the 80s already with the legends like Scifo, Pfaff, Gerets and Clijsters.

Yeah, they played a big part in Mexico '86 being a great tournament. Alongside the Danish team, and that Argentinian feller who was also a bit good.

I would quite like to see how Kevin Volland does, if he gets any time. He's young enough to develop still, and I think he might do well with the kind of attacking midfield Germany will field.

Klose will be first choice and I guess he will get to score it when Germany get a penalty in the group stage against the US or Ghana. Would be nice to see Volland though, a great player and more suited to the teams tactics than Klose.

People mention Messi's form, saying he's not had a good season and he's not hit the heights, and I understand why people have said that. However, he's still scored 28 league goals in 30 appearances and a total of 41 in 44 in all competitions ffs :D Think it shows just how high the standards he set for himself are that he can score 40 goals and have most people consider it fairly "meh."

To be honest, he's not been himself, that's the problem. Been invisible for lots of matches, just strolling around the field. Ofcourse he's still brilliant, he can score 1 goal a match in his sleep.

Archived