The Official England World Cup Thread

AndyFal36

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Shocking challenge by Sterling, wish Townsend would take off the England tinted glasses sometimes. The sort of lunge that can easily rule someone out of a World Cup, both by injury and stupidity.

Shocking challenge by Sterling, wish Townsend would take off the England tinted glasses sometimes. The sort of lunge that can easily rule someone out of a World Cup, both by injury and stupidity.

Oh, stop trolling you!

Over the top of the ball, not in control of the tackle, excessive force (he didn't need to dive in like that). Clear red card

and you!

Why is Roy playing 2 guys who arent going to the world cup? I'm all for giving youth a chance but these friendlies arent there to play people who arent going to the world cup.

Also Smalling and Milner have been very poor.

We've got 3 games in a week. In testing conditions. Considering this one has been all about the back ups I don't have an issue with it.

Deserved red for Sterling, way over the top, barely skimming the ball. Could have broken Valencia's leg.

Wilshere is very lucky as well mind, the way he ran in looking for a fight.

I thought he punched someone.

if Valencia doesn't get his leg off the ground there then he would've probably broken it. What a ridiculous challenge to make in a friendly that's only 8 days before a major tournament.

Correct decision from the ref.

Old Guard aren't looking great, Rooney, Lampard, Milner have been so bad they've made Phil Jones look okay.

This. I don't want to see Lampard or Milner starting in the WC if it can be helped. Rooney's nailed on as always, but he really needs to find some form.

Think a couple of yellows would have sufficed there. Tackle didn't look a red, nor did Valencia's reaction. Ref totally wanted the glory there, did you see the way he thrust those red cards into the air?

Just replayed that tackle and if Valencia was not in the air there, that was his world cup over with a broken leg. He had a very bad break that he has never really recovered from so can see his annoyance around a possible repeat.

Sterling better not tackle like that at the World Cup

Just replayed that tackle and if Valencia was not in the air there, that was his world cup over with a broken leg. He had a very bad break that he has never really recovered from so can see his annoyance around a possible repeat.

Sterling better not tackle like that at the World Cup

What an absolute load of horse ****.

Think a couple of yellows would have sufficed there. Tackle didn't look a red, nor did Valencia's reaction. Ref totally wanted the glory there, did you see the way he thrust those red cards into the air?

Valencia grabbed him round the throat, there's no way that wasn't going to be a red. Reasons for Sterling getting sent off have already been posted.

Why is Roy playing 2 guys who arent going to the world cup? I'm all for giving youth a chance but these friendlies arent there to play people who arent going to the world cup.

Also Smalling and Milner have been very poor.

Why not reward a couple of young players that have been training with the the team but won't go to the world cup?

Was a good run out tonight, result is meaningless, the tempo and intent was there, hope we play like that in the world cup.

I've seen much worse England performances. Much worse under Woy. Considering it was mainly back ups I think we looked ok, good going forward. Defence let us down. Our first choice back 4 is competent enough IMO. Just can't afford any injuries from them. We definitely look better at keeping the ball then 2 years ago.

I see promise in Barkley being able to effect a game off the bench too.

Quite enjoyed that game. Milner at right-back didnt work, Smalling's useless. Sterling's red card was a just shocking decision, could understand a yellow surely he didnt get sent off for being strangled...

Italy drew with Luxembourg.... Luring us all into a false sense of security surely.

Foster looks a good backup to Hart, Centrebacks was average, Fullbacks were terrible (Shaw Nervous, Milner just not a fullback), Lampard and Rooney were so slow and look really out of place with the rest of the squad so lively.

Ox, Wilshere, Barkley all really good, Lambert didn't do much apart from finish, which isn't a bad thing.

Thought Flanno was the only sub who seemed to do anything positive.

Sterling's red was 50/50, can see why it's harsh, but also do think he wasn't in control and different contact would have made it look a lot worse.

Archived