Sports Interactive Community
AndyFal36

The Official England World Cup Thread

That control from Rooney.

:D

I don't know if its a fitness thing but Rooney has definitely lost a yard of pace and his first touch has been very poor over the last 3 games.

England are protecting their quarter back better than the home team usually does in this stadium

Lallana could easily be Liverpool's next Charlie Adam imho. Media have him pigeonholed as another of England's bright young things, but he's 26 now compared to Sterling, Barkley, Ox, Shaw, Wilshere etc. who are all 18-22.

England would actually be somewhat exciting to watch with those five playing.

Oh and Rooney either needs to step up or get out of the team but not for Barkley

People need to chill out, it's a game that got abandoned for 40 minutes and a game the players probably didn't want to go back out for.

Wilshere :D Jesus. Won't last 10 minutes out there if Honduras haven't calmed down.

Despite Rooney being poor yet again, he will still play against Italy.

Praising Barkley for his shot :lol:

Should be criticising his inability to find the man running into the box (Sturridge?) completely unmarked and almost certain to score.

is Johnson really the ONLY player in that position.

Well apparently Clyne, Chambers and Flanagan weren't even good enough to back-up Johnson and with injury to Walker and Richards being cast out (rightly so for once) from the squad, who else is going to play there?

Not to forget Matt Lowton either.

None of the players I've mentioned are spectacular but then neither is Johnson, soooo...

Well apparently Clyne, Chambers and Flanagan weren't even good enough to back-up Johnson and with injury to Walker and Richards being cast out (rightly so for once) from the squad, who else is going to play there?

Milner obvs..

Milner obvs..

What, the man who plays on the wing in an offensive manner, prefers to play central midfield, and was harshly criticised for the only 90 minutes he's ever played at RB in his life?

Yeah, Milner is the man :D

Praising Barkley for his shot :lol:Should be criticising his inability to find the man running into the box (Sturridge?) completely unmarked and almost certain to score.
The idea he is creative is a myth. I am a big fan but he is very raw and doesn't open teams up enough with his passing

Not to forget Matt Lowton either.

None of the players I've mentioned are spectacular but then neither is Johnson, soooo...

\o/ It's Phil Jones! \o/

Seriously though, as a Liverpool fan I'd rather have Flanno there instead of Johnson. Would be quite exciting in a way, God knows what Flanno would get up to out there, but he'd love every second.

Watching Welbeck's performance Sterling must be gutted.

Why?

Based on this performance he has nothing to worry about.

The idea he is creative is a myth. I am a big fan but he is very raw and doesn't open teams up enough with his passing

Not sure who said he was creative? My point was that you can't really praise someone for taking a 25 yard pot shot when there's a very obvious pass on. If he does the right thing and plays through the striker it's most likely 1-0. Doesn't need to be that creative or capable, wasn't a hard pass. The player even called for it. He just flat out ignored the option and shot. It's a lack of intelligence...poor decision making.

He's young and he's still going to learn but he likes to shoot from range from the games I've seen him in. And that sort of habit is hard to drill out of players.

It's a real shame that Woy won't drop Rooney, team looks so much better without him in it.

\o/ It's Phil Jones! \o/

:lol: Sad because you're probably spot on.

Forgot Jones was in the NT.

Andy Townsend is a ****ing moron.

That is all.

Ross "SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!" Barkley

:applause:

Not sure who said he was creative? My point was that you can't really praise someone for taking a 25 yard pot shot when there's a very obvious pass on. If he does the right thing and plays through the striker it's most likely 1-0. Doesn't need to be that creative or capable, wasn't a hard pass. The player even called for it. He just flat out ignored the option and shot. It's a lack of intelligence...poor decision making.He's young and he's still going to learn but he likes to shoot from range from the games I've seen him in. And that sort of habit is hard to drill out of players.
I don't think he saw the pass that is a lack of creativity and I was just building upon what you were saying.

Can see Barkley being very frustrating if he gets a chance in a competitive match.

Johnson heading the ball perfectly down for the Honduras player.

:D

Some of his passing, including final passes is awesome

team should be:

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Glenbo (ugh); Gerrard, Wilshere; Welbeck, Barkley, Sterling; Sturridge

Lallana, Henderson and Rooney have either not done anything or not enough.

wilshere looking a bit better in this game

team should be:

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Glenbo (ugh); Gerrard, Wilshere; Welbeck, Barkley, Sterling; Sturridge

Do you mean in an England shirt or this season? Because Henderson's done far more this season than Wilshere has in every season he's had put together :D

Personally my XI would be (bearing in mind I'm just some Scot):

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Johnson (nobody else); Milner (to make up for Johnson being ****), Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling; Lallana; Sturridge.

Although tbh, take Henderson out and stick in Barry and you have a far better, more balanced side. I can't see England doing well against any creative sorts without a Barry-type figure in there. A proper holding player.

Townsend is beneath pity, 'Italy are nothing special' as his team struggles away against Honduras. Wtf.

In an England shirt, henderson looks like he's playing a different type of game for England than he does for Liverpool, he's much deeper.

Do you mean in an England shirt or this season? Because Henderson's done far more this season than Wilshere has in every season he's had put together :D

Personally my XI would be (bearing in mind I'm just some Scot):

Hart; Baines, Cahill, Jagielka, Johnson (nobody else); Milner (to make up for Johnson being ****), Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling; Lallana; Sturridge.

Although tbh, take Henderson out and stick in Barry and you have a far better, more balanced side. I can't see England doing well against any creative sorts without a Barry-type figure in there. A proper holding player.

I still find it bizarre we didnt take Barry or Carrick. Also wonder who will take up that role in future.

team should be:

Get Ox in instead of Sterling (if fit) and you're spot on imo. Hendo's had a good season but Wilshere's just better.

Townsend is beneath pity, 'Italy are nothing special' as his team struggles away against Honduras. Wtf.

Honduras > Luxembourg