The Official England World Cup Thread

"You were just in the radar room, please explain what you were doing in there"

Seriously ffs :D

A trial of "Hondurance".

My god this is awful.

This is awesome :D

"At the end of the day they have to come off for half time"

Hmm.

Is Hoddle on the world cup team for ITV? The man has completely lost it.

To be fair it looked like he was almost dying.

To be fair it looked like he was almost dying.

Why else would one suggest a Gerrard Lampard midfield would dominate the midfield in a game against Italy?

England trying to pass it out from a goal kick will get them in trouble at the World Cup.

England trying to pass it will get them in trouble at the World Cup.

Probably would also work to be fair.

Could've killed Sturridge, there.

These Hondurans are ****ing idiots.

Can some please go tell these honderous players that this is a warm up friendly. Crickey. It's like they've been fed evil acid during the break.

I remember Rooney doing the same to Coloccini....Rooney praised for his fight and attempts to win the ball.

:D

Any chance Roy can take them home at half time? Somebody getting kicked out of the World Cup here.

10453358_10204188813023075_9150789756575948994_n.jpg

*nods in agreement* :)

I said in another thread a while back, sometimes you can not help but like the guy. :D

Lallana so :cool:

You think? The more I see of him, the less impressed I become.

He's got a great touch but I think it makes his overall game look better than it is.

England, so depressing.

Not really? Unless you get depressed by friendlies, in which case you probably deserve to be miserable.

Big fan of dropping Rooney. First touch even worse than usual

Honduras playing like it was the final of the WC :D , fair play to them though that is what these games are for.

He's got a great touch but I think it makes his overall game look better than it is.

His style is easy on the eye, but I'm not sure he's all that effective. I like him, but would I start him against Italy? No.

For me he looks very comfortable at this level. First touch is excellent and moves the ball about well problem he has is that as soon as he passes it either Rooney, Welbeck or Sturridge are letting the move break down with shocking first touches.

Him and Hendo have done fine for me tonight the rest have been average, and that is generous.

Israel and Honduras produced 6 goals ffs.

This has been awful.

Lallana could easily be Liverpool's next Charlie Adam imho. Media have him pigeonholed as another of England's bright young things, but he's 26 now compared to Sterling, Barkley, Ox, Shaw, Wilshere etc. who are all 18-22.

Am in the stadium and the weather has clearly passed, pretty frustrating stuff.

This guy's 2 posts in 7 years are amazing :D :D :D

His style is easy on the eye, but I'm not sure he's all that effective. I like him, but would I start him against Italy? No.

I still wouldn't say I've seen him enough to properly judge him but that's how I see him at the minute. Easy on the eye but not as good as people have suggested.

For me he looks very comfortable at this level. First touch is excellent and moves the ball about well problem he has is that as soon as he passes it either Rooney, Welbeck or Sturridge are letting the move break down with shocking first touches.

Him and Hendo have done fine for me tonight the rest have been average, and that is generous.

I don't think he's been choosing his passes well tonight, and he's lost it in dangerous areas a few times already. Still better than most out there though, I agree.

This is like watching two lower-midtable SPL teams. Lots of thud and blunder but no ability on show whatsoever.

Lallana has been decent but it is clear he isn't a great player just quite a good one. Henderson has shown both sides to his game his dependability but also how distinctly average on the ball he is

Really don't care about the performance or result. makes absolutely no difference to the World Cup. Just hope everyone makes it through in one piece. These guys are being unnecessarily agressive.

I still wouldn't say I've seen him enough to properly judge him but that's how I see him at the minute. Easy on the eye but not as good as people have suggested.

I don't think he's been choosing his passes well tonight, and he's lost it in dangerous areas a few times already. Still better than most out there though, I agree.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he has been amazing, but better than the rest of them, and shown glimpses of quality which is promising.

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 9m

End of the 2nd quarter in Miami. England 0 Honduras 0.

:lol: