The Official England World Cup Thread

AndyFal36

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ridiculous heat and humidity, 1 week before the world cup, big disruption halfway through the match, we ould well end up pony next week and the week after...but there's a few reasons there why we might only be a shadow of what we might end up like possibly.

This. Plus Italy have not had the best prep either.

Wilshere getting criticised even though he's been England's most inventive player by far? He's trying to play one twos but no one is returning them. He's trying to raise the tempo.

Why are Honduras making a 91st minute sub in a friendly...

Don't think the scoreline really is a big deal in a game like this' date=' more so with the stoppage. Would say the same if we had won 4-0.

Honduras are proper filthy, just glad there are no injuries[/quote']

Well them getting a 0-0 will do their world ranking some good. That's something to hold onto :D

England have been so much better since Wilshere and Barkley came on in the second half, even before the sending off.

Not really. Barkley too far forward so he's facing the wrong way when the ball comes forward. Wilshere offering nothing of real attacking value. Pretty flat performance overall.

People are going to moan about the performance there aren't they. Let's be perfectly honest, it wasn't ****, it was just dull. Fully expect the same next weekend, glad to see Honduras didn't really have any chances, if we can at least "control" the game in a similar manner, we should be sort of ok in the World Cup.

Andy Townsend is also rubbish in the FIFA World Cup game.

Playing the demo and

"I saw this Australia side play a couple of years ago at Upton Park against England and they were good so I think they can do something at the World Cup" It was 11 years ago and every player bar one for Australia has retired.

"Nothing's going to get past this back four", I was playing three at the back.

People are going to moan about the performance there aren't they. Let's be perfectly honest, it wasn't ****, it was just dull. Fully expect the same next weekend, glad to see Honduras didn't really have any chances, if we can at least "control" the game in a similar manner, we should be sort of ok in the World Cup.

The problem, though, is that England didn't really have any chances either. Sturridge should've scored twice. Besides those two opportunities, there's no other point in 90 minutes of football where England looked like scoring.

That's worrying, if you ask me.

Why are Honduras making a 91st minute sub in a friendly...

Don't think the scoreline really is a big deal in a game like this' date=' more so with the stoppage. Would say the same if we had won 4-0.

Honduras are proper filthy, just glad there are no injuries[/quote']

yeah, i dont get the wrist slitting over a result in a friendly, especially since our opponents werent really interested in winning and tried to kick us off the park at times, Hart/Forster werent troubled at all and if Sturridge had his shooting boots on we'd have won easily, pre-world cup friendlies arent about results and arent even about performances really.

Not really. Barkley too far forward so he's facing the wrong way when the ball comes forward. Wilshere offering nothing of real attacking value. Pretty flat performance overall.

They were nicer to watch on the ball, but we certainly were not much better when they came on. Wilshere ran into trouble far too often, and Barkley's decision making was poor.

The problem, though, is that England didn't really have any chances either. Sturridge should've scored twice. Besides those two opportunities, there's no other point in 90 minutes of football where England looked like scoring.

Welbecks chance that the keeper made a good point blank save from?

Wilshere is not there to add attacking value, that's not his main role. He made the game flow alot better when he came on and the movement improved as a whole.

bBarkley just adds energy that Gerrard, Henderson and Rooney didn't.

Like I said, at least they didn't have chances. Had they had chances it would have been a lot worse!

Ian Wright hasn't got a clue :D

"Get it into Barkley, get it into Lallana, let them do their thing"

Eh, mate, Barkley ran it into the defence every time he got the ball and Lallana was anonymous for 90 minutes, nevermind when they went down to 10 men.

Course it was a chance. Strikes it with his left it's a goal

Eh, no.

Strikes it with his left foot and he maybe gets lucky and the keeper makes an arse of it. The keeper was about 2 yards away from him when he took his touch. If he shoots, he's got a very, very small target to aim for.

Archived