World Cup Betting Thread - with as much discussion as possible!

gillsminnow

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought a lot about backing the french center backs but gonna go with an obvious choice here rather than trying to find a long shot.

Benzema fgs @ 3/1 at betfred to take advantage of the double/triple offer as he has a good chance to get multiple goals here

Are you a wizard? (Okay, not as outside-the-box as the other bets, but still...) :D

Had him anytime goalscorer so happy with that, over a ton up already this tournament.

haha got the bonus paid out as well, thanks to his second goal. Could have been even better if he shot better instead of getting the own goal!

I've not been making massive profit but it's profit :thup:

proper nice swan.

Aye, got a wee profit on my first one, have one which just needs Germany (Had Ivory Coast and Switzerland to win as well) and another which needs Russia and Germany (yeah, I put Germany on two :D)

Brilliant game for my bank balance there :D

Aside from the winnings I get 2 £5 free bets from 888sport because Argentina scored twice, 1 £5 free bet from Paddy Power because Messi scored and 1 £5 free bet from Bet Bright because Argentina won.

nice one u just rembered me i will get free bet from bet bright forgot i did argentina there !

Another two wins:

£78.75 - Switzerland to win and BTTS, Argentina to win and BTTS, France to win and Over 2.5 Goals

£64.35 - France -2, Argentina to win and Over 2.5 Goals

Would've won another £135 if Argentina won 3-1 but not to be.

Sweating on them all until the last 5 minutes or so! :D

The paddypower app annoys me.

I currently do the majority of my betting on my phone via apps and it's by far the stupidest. Between matches not displaying in sections they should be in , not having a ' my bets ' area of pending bets to not displaying any free bets or the likes is just ****ing stupid. It really annoys me as I find them as the best bookie to deal with.

Soccerbase tips Iran + Portugal today. Can't say I agree with the Portugal one knowing how efficient the Germans are. In fact with Germany I think I fancy, Germany with both teams to score. Only danger is if Germans decide to be really amazing and have Ronaldo marked the whole game.

Nigeria-Iran. Both teams not to score might be a good one. Or Under 1.5 goals. Both are going to be so cagey.

Ghana-USA. I think Klinsmann shouldn't be underestimated. Someone said his team has been chosen to exploit the weaknesses of the teams in the group.

Yeah, it's a great promotion. Everyone seems to be doing well so far this World Cup :cool:

Not everyone :( I'm £18 up but considering I was £40 up after Brazil's win (£20 at evens with both BV and WH) you can see I've had a rubbish few days since.

I dunno if this was a mistake or people can tell me but I put on a £10 treble on group forecasts (1st and 2nd in that order) and was allowed to cash out all the way through the start of the tournament at £9.50.

One of my forecasts was Uruguay 1st and England 2nd, as well as Spain 1st and Holland 2nd. I was checking something else yesterday and realised I could still cash out at 9.50. The third group prediction hadn't started yet but I found it well weird that when Italy look nailed on to qualify and Spain look unlikely to win the group, they were still letting me cash out at 9.50.

I took it to pretty much get my money back on a bet that looks dead in the water but I presume I am right in thinking it was a mistake?

Hmm not sure Chopra, just take the money and run before they change their mind!

I'm struggling to think of a good, safe bet for the Germany game. I'm talking about something evens or less which doesn't require a single incident to invalidate it. I quite fancy the "1st goal to be in the first half" market at 1.30 which I can put in a low- odds accumulator.

Stealing this bet from elsewhere:

Corners - Portugal to win.

In 2012 Portugal won 11-2 and in Germany's recent friendlies against similar calibre teams they have lost the corner count against Chile (14-4) and England (11-6).

365 have the odds at 2.62 but could find slightly better on other sites.

Just won a £50 free bet from Paddypower \o/ Thinking of doing the following:

Brazil

Argentina

Holland

Spain

Italy

All to win their next games at 4/1 - I can also add France and make it 17/2. What do people think is a wise move to make?

Also have a £50 free bet tonight for the Germany V Portugal match, not sure where to place that yet.

Just won a £50 free bet from Paddypower \o/ Thinking of doing the following:

Brazil

Argentina

Holland

Spain

Italy

All to win their next games at 4/1 - I can also add France and make it 17/2. What do people think is a wise move to make?

Also have a £50 free bet tonight for the Germany V Portugal match, not sure where to place that yet.

I enjoyed your exchange this morning :D

Archived