World Cup Betting Thread - with as much discussion as possible!

gillsminnow

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Checked out the odds on PP (purely because I have an account with them) - £10 with WH returns £200.53... £10 with PP returns £441.00 :eek: Madness.

Yeah it's always wise to check other websites especially in this case if you already have an account with another bookie.

Sticking all your eggs in one basket that is.

Something like that :D Even should Costa Rica lose after leading at HT, I'll win something. That's reassuring. Sorta.

Also stuck a fiver on the treble above with PP.

Stuck some money on Costa Rica to be winning at either HT or FT. Odds @ 2.20.

Where is this?

That's pretty close to the match odds market iirc so to win that bet if they go in at halftime winning,or if not, then having the safety net of winning full time that's a good market.

Where is this?

That's pretty close to the match odds market iirc so to win that bet if they go in at halftime winning,or if not, then having the safety net of winning full time that's a good market.

PaddyPower :thup:

Greece were 2.30 to be winning at either HT or FT :thup:

It's Greece, 0-0 is always quite likely. I mean, they've gone Under 1.5 in 8 of their last 15 matches. A team you can only love if you're Greek

I thought CRC would score first, forcing Greece to chase the game a bit. That can still happen, but now I think we'll go into Pens @ 0-0 or we'll get a late Greek scrappy goal for 0-1.

Ugh. Bloody Greeks. Did my CRC HT/FT victory in at the last. Also stole the MM bet of CRC to win @ 2.50 - least the 2.25 BTTS comes in instead.

All means that from my MM of Brazil/Colombia/Holland/CRC I turned £10 into £15. Not great but then Brazil, Uruguay and CRC all let me down, soo... :mad:

Could fall at the first hurdle, mind. CRC looking for penalties by the look of it.

I stuck a few quid on Greece to win in ET too. Another few quid on Greece to win in penalties. if either of them happen I make profit.

Nailed on CRC victory in ET now :rolleyes:

Ugh. Bloody Greeks. Did my CRC HT/FT victory in at the last. Also stole the MM bet of CRC to win @ 2.50 - least the 2.25 BTTS comes in instead.All means that from my MM of Brazil/Colombia/Holland/CRC I turned £10 into £15. Not great but then Brazil, Uruguay and CRC all let me down, soo... :mad:
Tbf any single line that comes in at over 2.0 is good for the bet as the excess multiplies through the rest of the lines.

Could fall at the first hurdle, mind. CRC looking for penalties by the look of it.

I stuck a few quid on Greece to win in ET too. Another few quid on Greece to win in penalties. if either of them happen I make profit.

Nailed on CRC victory in ET now :rolleyes:

Yeah I reckon that might happen but CRC look exhausted. If this bet fails hopefully Belgium qualify and Argentina and France win and I win £250 :cool:

Had Costa Rica and Holland double ruined by Greece. Ended up betting on Costa Rica to win on pens during ET at 5/4. Seriously consideration has to be given to Colombia I think now at 20/1 for the winner market.

I was considering them before and after the first game as potential winner (they were 40/1 then), but I couldn't look past their ageing centre backs and thought against a top team they'd be caught out..... however, I'm regretting this now as the team is looking good and I fancy them to qualify past Brazil

Edit. If they do win them I blame Tim Vickery and the BBC World Football Phone In for making me reconsider backing them :D

Had Costa Rica and Holland double ruined by Greece.

Ditto that. Had most of my profit from James Rodriguez top scorer cash out on that double. That Greek goal cost me £1100 !!! Still banked a £40 profit from James bet though so not the end of the world but still sad about it :(

Big night for me tonight though, with this bet returning 3.47k ... so far I've called the last 16 perfectly with this bet, albeit with a little bit of last minute luck in the Dutch game :D

image.png

The only player I didn't want to score (Ruiz) and he does. He's now Costa Rica top scorer.

Campbell couldn't even walk in extra time. No chance he was getting one.

Praying on a Campbell goal or 2 in the next match v Holland.

Still trying to work out the best lay options

My 3 MM bets for the round of 16 survived yesterday's games and now look like this:

11536244ee6dac8f2535654e886ebcbc.png

So I need France to score a goal today (2-1 etc would be amazingly great) and ideally a Germany win in 90mins to take all three into tomorrow's games. If all three do make it tomorrow's games then at least one of them should pull through the Argentina-Switzerland game due to having everything there covered I think (2-2 draw with argentina qualifying would see all three carry on into the evening's game though). One of these coming in would put me into profit territory for the World Cup and still have quite a few bets remaining.

I've gone France to win by 1 goal, and wasn't sure on the German match. I think a German whipping off Algeria but it's hard to translate that into a value bet. Most you can get is like 6/4 or you play the lottery of correct scores.

France & BTTS (as a single), Argentina to win and Belgium to win. £12 returns £117 on a treble. Bit risky as I can see USA winning/drawing and France keeping a clean sheet will not surprise me. But hey ho.

• Administrators

Didn't post earlier but it's still early, Nigeria have only conceded once from a non set-piece situation and that was the unlucky double-bounce off Enyeama and the post for Messi to score. I fancied this to be tight again so had some small money on Koscielny FGS figuring France's set piece threat to be decent enough.

Had money on France to win and to get the most corners double. 8-5 down on corners and 0-0 at 70 mins. Won 12-9 on corners after grabbing three late corners running down the clock and playing for them. superb. :*)

now to choose how i'm going to lose it all on germany v algeria ...

Struggling to find any decent bets in the Germany game, tempted to go with one of the Germany defenders (Lahm?) to score first, but I can't see lightning striking twice. Will have a mull over and then have a small bet once the teams have been announced.

Need some help with some betting maths please gang.

Have two 'top nation scorer' accumulators that are doing well but with one or two bogeys each. I have bolded the ones marked as wins and underlined the ones im waiting on. Both are the same but the second has Lukaku (:()

Neymar, Ronaldo, Sturridge, Van Persie, Dzeko, Messi

£3 bet = £448.51

Neymar, Ronaldo, Sturridge, Van Persie, Dzeko, Messi, Lukaku

£2 bet = £897.01

You can say Neymar and Messi are pretty certain to win for their nations. That means that i've two issues:

Holland Main issue is Robben really posing a problem. Should I place a biggish bet on Robben?

Belgium Lukaku is looking awful, but fortunately the 4 goals scored by Belgium so far have all been by different people. Still a chance he comes in with a goal or two against the USA. Cant find the lay market on betfair currently for the price.

So any thoughts much appreciated. I'd love to let these ride but would be equally gutted if they both lost and I came out with nothing.

Mesut Özil still available at 8/1 at Coral, which is a very good price. Also a little bit of value in Slimani at 13.35 after commision at betfair

Ozil to score the first goal in the first half is 11/1 in a power play with PP FYI

Archived