Sports Interactive Community
gillsminnow

World Cup Betting Thread - with as much discussion as possible!

Yeah, I'm now in £850 profit. £500 has been withdrawn, tempted to lump the rest (£490) on Columbia to win later tonight (I won't have the bottle though :D)

I have now withdrawn the remaining £490 from my balance, after you guys got me paranoid. Will put some of my own money in later for the Columbia game.

I have now withdrawn the remaining £490 from my balance, after you guys got me paranoid. Will put some of my own money in later for the Columbia game.
Use another account if you can and wait until after midnight. I won a bet on 365 which was incorrect, I withdrew the money and they put my account at a negative amount. After midnight it adjusted itself back to zero.

Jammy!! Such a great winner though. One for the off betting hof! :D

Can see chile winning this...

Karim Benzema to outscore Emmanuel Emenike is 11/2 on Paddy Power. Anyone with a PP account should jump right on that, they've botched it up and got the odds the wrong way round. (Emenike to outscore Benzema is 7/5).

Great find, thanks for sharing :)

Brazil to win in 90 mins was cashed out on 70 mins and the resulting £5.24 was put on the draw, to win £10.48. Potential 48p winnings here.

a did fred in play and for some reason hills have refunded it any one think of any reason a cant think of ?

Karim Benzema to outscore Emmanuel Emenike is 11/2 on Paddy Power. Anyone with a PP account should jump right on that, they've botched it up and got the odds the wrong way round. (Emenike to outscore Benzema is 7/5).

Stuck £20 on cheers

Good find, signed up with £50 on it. Got the matched free bet too so I'll see what I can do with that.

a did fred in play and for some reason hills have refunded it any one think of any reason a cant think of ?

Maybe they have a promotion on where if the game goes to a penalty shootout, they refund your stake.

Good find, signed up with £50 on it. Got the matched free bet too so I'll see what I can do with that.

Other £50 on Martinez AGS.

Unbelievable day so far. Keep it up Colombia!

If things stay as they are, I'll be £1100 up for the day. Think I might jizz my pants. :D

£200 on Columbia, to return £420 and £20 on Jackson Martinez fgs to return £130

Just buying more money atm, I love this day :D

Just buying more money atm, I love this day :D

What's next, £100 on De Vrij FGS against Mexico? ;)

that game coundt of went any bettter for me had £5 on 2-0 £30 on columbia £10 on columbia -1 and £10 on james anytime from pp messanger app :)

stopped betting on the world cup as i was doing rubbish but ive carried on doing the willy hill correct score competition, came in tonight @ 89/1 and didn't have a penny on it :(

hoping nobody else was on it as i think the pots about £140 in a free bet

Over £1200 made today.

Not bad for a day lying on the sofa and watching football. I might as well jack in work and take this up full time :D

thats cool, £30 free bet on Luiz FGS.

I'd keep the £1000, and have the £200 for betting money.

And I was quite chuffed with my tenner I made. I bet 20ps. :D

I'm thinking of a Both Teams not to score Double tomorrow. Although I can see it screwing up.

Robben FGS@5/1 doesn't look bad.

What do you think to this - to cash out or not to cash out?

4u729v.jpg

He is the top scorer at the moment but some of those on 4 goals are Neymar, Messi and Muller ... all with games still to play. Colombia face Brazil next. I actually fancy them to beat Brazil. But I'm very tempted to cash this one out all the same.

Thoughts ??

Both teams not to score is very improbable, what odds?

The Robben bet looks decent value.

Sorry not 0-0. I mean Both Teams to score -No. My reasoning- Mexico are mostly toothless, yes they scored 3 Vs Croatia, but 0 versus a fallible Brazil, and 1 Vs Cameroon. Their strength is their skilled defence and top keeper. So Mexico might be either toothless, or they will make Netherlands toothless with the quality of their defence.

Costa Rica Vs Greece both have very good defences, Greece an organised defence, Costa Rica shoving 5 in defence. So they may stop each other. Although they will be well clued of each other and may change their gameplan.

But that's my gamble. Both teams to score- No, double.

DizzyPenguin. You might have an option of laying. You have a potential £1510.00, on Betfair the odds will have gone down.

In fact it's 3/1. So you could offer odds of 3/1 and risk £300?

But then only thing is what happens if two people get top scorer- whether that halves. So £250 might be a good deal.

It's a shame it's not like a machine you can't bank some of it.

If it's top scorer it'll be dead heat rules. If it's golden boot it goes down to assists (of which James has 4 I believe).

I'd probably cash that out if I was you, Dizzy Penguin. You'll kick yourself if you end up with nothing from that bet.

What do you think to this - to cash out or not to cash out?

4u729v.jpg

He is the top scorer at the moment but some of those on 4 goals are Neymar, Messi and Muller ... all with games still to play. Colombia face Brazil next. I actually fancy them to beat Brazil. But I'm very tempted to cash this one out all the same.

Thoughts ??

Personally I'd cash out, I mean you'd be making a profit of £241 at this stage and the likes of Muller are still to play. No disrespect to Algeria but I can see Germany scoring a couple of goals in that game and the way Messi is playing at the moment I wouldn't be surprised to see him score against the Swiss.

I have £14 on Rodriguez as top Ligue 1 scorer which looks safe considering Cavani (1) and Ayew (2) are both now out unless Lavezzi gets 5 goals :D

If it's top scorer it'll be dead heat rules. If it's golden boot it goes down to assists (of which James has 4 I believe).

thought it went off minutes played?

thought it went off minutes played?
If they're still tied after assists, yeah.

I've cashed out. Seemed sensible - only takes a Muller and/or a Messi goal against Algeria and/or Switzerland and that offer goes right down to nothing.

I've withdrawn 50 so got my profit and stuck 200 on the Holland/Costa Rica double tonight, at Coral to return 1100.

Didn't realise it but I have Netherlands in 2 bets today, and France in 2 tomorrowm. Could really do with them doing the business. Frustrating though that the heat really has slowed them down.

Well my bets fallen down already. No way Mexico going to stop holland scoring 40 mins.

£2.50 free bet on Sneijder to score next at 1-0

£10 Holland to win at 1-0 to Mexico at 7/1

Pretty pleased, this in running business normally never works for me :D

cant really say i have clue about cost rica greece game to be honest going put few quid on scorecast sturggling for something to jump out at me so someone want give me a scorecast a just go with it see if can win that way haha

Joel Campbell, 1-0 Costa Rica.

Re: CRC/GRE - I'll echo the thoughts I offered up the other day...

Greece will likely sit deep and defend, hoping to nab one goal from somewhere. I fancy them to get a goal on this basis alone. The problem with the Costa Rican style is that they also like to counter attack, so the onus will be on them to try and dominate the opposition and find a way through the Greek defence. Their lack of physicality could make that tough for them.

I fancy either 2-1 or 0-1 (CRC-GRE). If the Costa Ricans can score they'll win. But if they walk into a brick greek wall, then they'll lose.

I was going to take Greece the only team to score @ 3/1 but I think I'll just leave it.

I've got my MM bet of Brazil/Colombia/Holland/Costa Rica still alive. If Costa Rica win and BTTS then I'll be up to £25 from a £10.

Looking ahead to tomorrow and Tuesday - was thinking that an AGS treble of Ozil, Hazard and Pogba @ 20.05 might be worth it. Ozil's price is 2.25 which seems quite high - he's a starter in the German side and is always a threat. Against Algeria I imagine he will get a few chances. Not a prolific goalscorer but capable of finding the net. Hazard is one of the main threats of the Belgium team and he's likely to score considering you can't imagine Lukaku will score :D Priced @ 3.10 seems quite high, imo... Pogba perhaps the least likely imo, although his odds not the lowest (@ 2.87). Always a threat from deep though and likes to get on the ball, so I imagine he will see a couple of chances.

Quite speculative but @ 20.05 I think I will stick a fiver on it.

Samaris should be 23.8 first goalscorer, is available at 25/1 at BetVictor

Jeeeez, you need to get a better bookies JD if they're only offering you 2.25 on Özil scoring :eek:

Really poor odds, can get 3.75 elsewhere (likewise 3.90 on Hazard and Pogba 5.0)

Jeeeez, you need to get a better bookies JD if they're only offering you 2.25 on Özil scoring :eek:

Really poor odds, can get 3.75 elsewhere (likewise 3.90 on Hazard and Pogba 5.0)

All for Anytime Goalscorer?

I'm using WilliamHill fwiw.

Yeah all anytime scorer.

Haha, well... :D

Care to direct me to somewhere that won't rip me off with **** odds like WH? :lol: Always just used WH, for no specific reason.

Haha, well... :D

Care to direct me to somewhere that won't rip me off with **** odds like WH? :lol: Always just used WH, for no specific reason.

888sport are best odds for that particular treble (about 55.0) so them if you mean just for that bet. Otherwise...Bet365 aren't bad, BetVictor have good odds too but they banned me.